Ngannou says Izzy is the GOAT middleweight

Anderson still has too many good wins.

His resume just looks better.
He also hasn't lost twice during his prime. However, one of Izzy's losses was against a very tought LHW. Anderson really only moved up to fight the worst...guys like Forrest Griffin.

He also hasn't lost twice during his prime. However, one of Izzy's losses was against a very tought LHW. Anderson really only moved up to fight the worst...guys like Forrest Griffin.

I think its important to note that Forrest only became seen as a joke after Anderson beat him so bad. Before that Forrest was a top 10 p4p fighter. He had just beaten Shogun and Rampage at the height of their careers and was up 2 rounds to nothing against Rashad before getting caught. But Anderson made him look so bad he ruined his reputation.

Depends who you ask.

The Romero fight was very close but I thought Yoel definitely pulled it out in the last round. Someone saying they thought Izzy won is definitely in the realm of understandable, though.

The online scoring for Izzy Bobby Knuckles II is all over the place. I thought Whittaker clearly won something like 49-46 but who knows when things are that close. Just read 8 different peoples outlet scores and variance in the round by round scoring is wild.

I think its important to note that Forrest only became seen as a joke after Anderson beat him so bad. Before that Forrest was a top 10 p4p fighter. He had just beaten Shogun and Rampage at the height of their careers and was up 2 rounds to nothing against Rashad before getting caught. But Anderson made him look so bad he ruined his reputation.

This, revisionist history on Forrest.

He was a champion, with good wins.

Goat is now a term that means nothing. So many goats so little time.

Anderson in his prime couldn’t be touched. Since we can’t have them fight, prime vs prime, we need to look at their accomplishments. Izzy has some work to do to surpass Anderson Silva

NNN posted a picture of Anderson Silva in that best middleweight post..

Anderson is still ahead, far more dominant, more top ten wins and more defenses. Israel could beat him though, Israel has accomplished far more at 33 than Anderson did, when Anderson beat Leben I'm pretty sure he was already early 30's.

I think they're pretty evenly matched even in their prime, would probably be a slow boring point match. I think Israel fought stiffer competition though, Anderson would have his hands full with Whitaker, Romero and Pereira.

Even Anderson's old and cracked chin took Izzy's punches pretty well, his durability would be hard to deal with over 5 rounds.

Anderson still has too many good wins.

His resume just looks better.

so go to the next level, good wins vs who?

And it ends there. None are remotely as good as Whitakker or Poatan

+ add in Anderson pissed hot multiple times
+ 1-6 at the end of his career (or what you gonna cherry pick a start and end date)

Anderson never was that good. Once you get past the highlight reel KO's, you take into account the calibre of opposition, you take into account hes a drug cheat, and you count the times his chin out hands down strategy didn't work (instead of just the times that did), you realise hes not even top 5.

At 10 years from now, most of the guys Israel defended his belt against, will be looked upon the same as we look today at Thales Leites.
Israel is relatively young and could surpass Silva’s numbers, but as of today, AS stays numero uno.

I'd say if Izzy defends the title 3-4 more times than he has a case.

Last edited:
Back