• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Ngannou posts picture of mom in PFL shirt

Be careful….When I posted this SAME EXACT THREAD IT GOT DELETED

View attachment 961990
What was the title of your thread, if you remember?
But even if it said something about a "hint" merely editing the title would have been sufficient.

Don't know for sure, but it seems like there's a new trigger happy mod on board since about three weeks ago. Mucho decent threads either lightweighted, wastelanded, or deleted. Hope whoever it is, if they exist, isn't banning people too.

It expired in December. He’s a free agent but the UFC retains the right match. Not sure how that works with other terms outside of money? Francis is looking for a minimum number of fights per year, minimum amount of notice per fight, the ability to box etc. Not sure if the UFC has to match those terms or just the money? If it is true that the PFL is offering a 50% share of the revenue, does the UFC have to match the percentage? The UFC can pretty much outbid everyone but they’re really inflexible on the terms. That gives the PFL a chance.

I think the whole matching thing will be a very interesting to watch play out, not so much withFrancis but with middle of the road name value guys. Remember that percentage isn't just for one fighter that is across the board of fighters on the PPV event. UFC will just counter it by saying do you want a split of a PPV that sells 100K at $50(50/50 split with the PFL and PPV provider). PFL gets half of it to distribute 2.5M and the fighters on the card are going to get at least 50% of that, its only 1.25M going to the fighters roughly. In the UFC he can get $4 per PPV(or whatever he gets in negotiations) for PPV that sells 400K and just his PPV bonus could be 1.6M per a fight. I like that the PFL is trying to do something new with the fighters in mind but I'm not sure there going to get the cream of crop of free agents until they can prove that this concept is better for the top fighters. In other words you got to sell a lot of PPV's at a rate of at least $60 or $70 an event. But if you can get up to 300K to 400K in buys it will really shake things up. Personally, I don't see it happening. Francis and this boxing kick is really going to be the one hurdle the UFC needs to get over with Francis.

P.S.: Unfortunately, I think Conor is about the only fighter that could pull big numbers away from the UFC. Conor though would just promote it himself though. Maybe GSP or Khabib, but I'm pretty sure that ship sailed and the later has an active contract at this time.

I think the whole matching thing will be a very interesting to watch play out, not so much withFrancis but with middle of the road name value guys. Remember that percentage isn't just for one fighter that is across the board of fighters on the PPV event. UFC will just counter it by saying do you want a split of a PPV that sells 100K at $50(50/50 split with the PFL and PPV provider). PFL gets half of it to distribute 2.5M and the fighters on the card are going to get at least 50% of that, its only 1.25M going to the fighters roughly. In the UFC he can get $4 per PPV(or whatever he gets in negotiations) for PPV that sells 400K and just his PPV bonus could be 1.6M per a fight. I like that the PFL is trying to do something new with the fighters in mind but I'm not sure there going to get the cream of crop of free agents until they can prove that this concept is better for the top fighters. In other words you got to sell a lot of PPV's at a rate of at least $60 or $70 an event. But if you can get up to 300K to 400K in buys it will really shake things up. Personally, I don't see it happening. Francis and this boxing kick is really going to be the one hurdle the UFC needs to get over with Francis.

P.S.: Unfortunately, I think Conor is about the only fighter that could pull big numbers away from the UFC. Conor though would just promote it himself though. Maybe GSP or Khabib, but I'm pretty sure that ship sailed and the later has an active contract at this time.
It takes a couple of big names to start the ball rolling. PFL needs to attract attention to start with, get decent numbers and that will attract more fighters. They have Jake Paul and the boxing plus 50% of revenue thing could attract Francis and Nate Diaz. Diaz is already outside of the UFC and the match with Jake Paul would be a big payday option for him and the PFL. Nate is past his expiry date but still has a big fan base. That would likely pay immediate dividends.

Francis is unhappy with the terms of his agreement. He actually said he was okay with the money a while ago. The UFC doesn’t like to change the language in their contracts for anyone. That’s been a real sticking point and could lead to Francis leaving.

If Francis leaves, he would be a huge boost for any promotion. He brings credibility, which is the holy grail of establishing any league. Saying you have the best and your champion can beat other champions. Nate is fantastic for drawing immediately but he’s not going to bring credibility to your division. Francis would be big step in that direction. Plus, the UFC haven’t really promoted Ngannou. He’s got an amazing back story that sounds like a movie. Between his fearsome appearance and KO power, his soft spoken personality and his back story, a promoter could have a super star to build around. At 36 and being a heavyweight, he’s got a few years left to help build an organization.

Wouldn't shock me at all. He'd get a huge contract + getting a chance to win another million every season. They'd also probably let him box under Jake Paul's promotion.

FOPb9zHXoAMwd8Y

Back