Media Ngannou posts picture of mom in PFL shirt

This actually feels like a possibility to me at the moment. Frank would be the ultimate statement signing if they want to announce they're taking competing with the UFC seriously. Taking their heavyweight champion would be a massive deal.

This actually feels like a possibility to me at the moment. Frank would be the ultimate statement signing if they want to announce they're taking competing with the UFC seriously. Taking their heavyweight champion would be a massive deal.
I think they did. I don’t see any way Ngannou posts this if he didn’t sign. I just can’t see PFL making it past the next 2 years. They are trying to run before they walk. Unless they have an amazing year this year how can they keep this up? What’s the ceiling on a non UFC PPV? Can PFL pull 500k with Jake and Ngannou on the same card? It is on ESPN+ so that is a plus for them so casuals will be familiar. This looks like a going out of business cash grab. They are going all in even risking the business to make some money.

Would be a real shame that the biggest MMA organization won't even pay their HW champ what they are worth.

I think they did. I don’t see any way Ngannou posts this if he didn’t sign. I just can’t see PFL making it past the next 2 years. They are trying to run before they walk. Unless they have an amazing year this year how can they keep this up? What’s the ceiling on a non UFC PPV? Can PFL pull 500k with Jake and Ngannou on the same card? It is on ESPN+ so that is a plus for them so casuals will be familiar. This looks like a going out of business cash grab. They are going all in even risking the business to make some money.

It could just be a message to the UFC for them to stop fucking about and get serious with their offers, I don't think it means he's signed.

PFL run on investor money, if they want to make a genuine dent in the market then a signing like this that makes people sit up and say woah is important.

Does he not have a contract with the UFC?
It expired in December. He’s a free agent but the UFC retains the right match. Not sure how that works with other terms outside of money? Francis is looking for a minimum number of fights per year, minimum amount of notice per fight, the ability to box etc. Not sure if the UFC has to match those terms or just the money? If it is true that the PFL is offering a 50% share of the revenue, does the UFC have to match the percentage? The UFC can pretty much outbid everyone but they’re really inflexible on the terms. That gives the PFL a chance.

It could just be a message to the UFC for them to stop fucking about and get serious with their offers, I don't think it means he's signed.

PFL run on investor money, if they want to make a genuine dent in the market then a signing like this that makes people sit up and say woah is important.
This will be very interesting if it happened. PFL kinda reminds me of Affliction a few years back. Signing Jake and Francis would be massive. I wouldn’t put them at #2 over Bellator right away because they’re still not making money, but if they have a good year this year things could change.

This will be very interesting if it happened. PFL kinda reminds me of Affliction a few years back. Signing Jake and Francis would be massive. I wouldn’t put them at #2 over Bellator right away because they’re still not making money, but if they have a good year this year things could change.

I think in terms of quality of roster etc then no, but I suppose what really matters at the end of the day is popularity. They might not make much initially but if there's a significant upturn in interest in the brand then it can become profitable over time.

It expired in December. He’s a free agent but the UFC retains the right match. Not sure how that works with other terms outside of money? Francis is looking for a minimum number of fights per year, minimum amount of notice per fight, the ability to box etc. Not sure if the UFC has to match those terms or just the money? If it is true that the PFL is offering a 50% share of the revenue, does the UFC have to match the percentage? The UFC can pretty much outbid everyone but they’re really inflexible on the terms. That gives the PFL a chance.

Interesting.

I suppose if Ngannou just wanted out then PFL can easily offer something unmatchable via clauses involving in cage sponsorships that the UFC can’t offer because of their deals. Something like 50% share would do it too. I’ve only heard of Conor getting that and even then I’m not even sure that’s true. They wouldn’t think Francis is worth it.

Chances are Francis is looking for everything he would want in his UFC contract and PFL is just going along to help him. Nothing that would scare the UFC off completely. Probably not serious. Which is why I suppose Bellator and ONE are nowhere to be found in these sweepstakes.

Interesting.

I suppose if Ngannou just wanted out then PFL can easily offer something unmatchable via clauses involving in cage sponsorships that the UFC can’t offer because of their deals. Something like 50% share would do it too. I’ve only heard of Conor getting that and even then I’m not even sure that’s true. Hey wouldn’t think Francis is worth it.

Chances are Francis is looking for everything he would want in his UFC contract. Nothing that would scare the UFC off completely. Probably not serious. Which is why I suppose Bellator and ONE are nowhere to be found in these sweepstakes.

Francis is looking for the ability to box. The PFL could offer him an open contract that would allow him to do that. If the UFC has to match that clause that might cinch it for the PFL. Really depends on the language of the UFC matching clause.

Francis is looking for the ability to box. The PFL could offer him an open contract that would allow him to do that. If the UFC has to match that clause that might cinch it for the PFL. Really depends on the language of the UFC matching clause.

Let Francis making money!:)

Does he not have a contract with the UFC?
I think it ended in December. But when Nate Diaz' contract ended, there was still a 3 month no compete clause in effect (which I think has now passed)

Back