Media Ngannou posts picture of mom in PFL shirt

I won't go through every post you ever made in the last 2 years to uncover the "truth". You even suggesting that is ridicolous and sure sign that you're just talking out of your ass again. We are posting in this thread right now. You could have easily uncovered the "truth" two posts ago when you first mentioned it.

Lol you're weird.

"YOU ALL HAVE BEEN CONNED, BUT I REFUSE TO SAY WHY"
Dude don’t bother with that guy he’s just an old grumpy turd who takes out his disappointment and frustrations of his failed pathetic life on random ppl on Sherdog. Dude is weird.

"YOU ALL HAVE BEEN CONNED, BUT I REFUSE TO SAY WHY"

Sounds a lot like: "THEY call my name in public, but turn down the fight behind closed doors. That's what THEY do"

Can't imagine UFC's lawyers would have it be so nebulous as to say they'd match anything. Guessing it is just the base pay.

Obviously if it is independent of base pay though PFL could offer a hell of a lot more (boxing, cut of PPVs, etc). Interesting stuff.

I would imagine that they would have to match more than just the base pay or that would leave a lot of room for a legal dispute around the value of the contract. For instance, Eddie Alverez had a matching clause in his contract and Bellator had to match the PPV clause and the commentary opportunities. I would think the UFC would have to at the very least match the financial incentives.

So it's his fault the UFC benched him and wouldn't give him fights during the DC/Stipe trilogy?
The Stipe/DC trilogy was 2018-2020. Ngannou has 1 title fight and 1 lnp defense in the 2 1/2 years since DC retired.

Even if Ngannou's inactivity wasn't his fault, he's still an older champ coming off surgery who wants to take a significant amount of time off to chase a boxing bout. The only thing that would benefit the UFC would be for him to give his boxing dream and fight more often in the UFC, but he's not willing to do that.

I would imagine that they would have to match more than just the base pay or that would leave a lot of room for a legal dispute around the value of the contract. For instance, Eddie Alverez had a matching clause in his contract and Bellator had to match the PPV clause and the commentary opportunities. I would think the UFC would have to at the very least match the financial incentives.
They do have to match it somewhat. When they matched Gilbert Melendez’s Bellator contract they had to give him a desk job because Bellator offered him that.

The Stipe/DC trilogy was 2018-2020. Ngannou has 1 title fight and 1 lnp defense in the 2 1/2 years since DC retired.

Even if Ngannou's inactivity wasn't his fault, he's still an older champ coming off surgery who wants to take a significant amount of time off to chase a boxing bout. The only thing that would benefit the UFC would be for him to give his boxing dream and fight more often in the UFC, but he's not willing to do that.
He's injured and the UFC blew it's chance to make an interim during his time injured by making a joke of an interim because they wanted to toll him for a fight while he was applying for a visa months after winning the belt.

Not to mention the entire reason we don't have rules and regulations is because the UFC doesn't want to have guidelines for belts. They want to have their cake and eat it to by being able to strip a champion after a couple of months (Colby) or wait a year or more before having to do anything (Conor).

Plus at this point they haven't done the work to re-sign Francis yet. You're blaming the wrong party.

He's injured and the UFC blew it's chance to make an interim during his time injured by making a joke of an interim because they wanted to toll him for a fight while he was applying for a visa months after winning the belt.

Not to mention the entire reason we don't have rules and regulations is because the UFC doesn't want to have guidelines for belts. They want to have their cake and eat it to by being able to strip a champion after a couple of months (Colby) or wait a year or more before having to do anything (Conor).

Plus at this point they haven't done the work to re-sign Francis yet. You're blaming the wrong party.
None of that has anything to do with his boxing demands. He's said plainly that he will not sign another contract if it's exclusive and doesn't allow him to take time away to chase a boxing bout.

It seems foolish as far as I can tell, because it appears Tyson Fury has forgotten all about him and abandoned his retirement plans and is going to continue with real boxers for a while instead of whatever post-retirement hybrid setup he was going to do with Ngannou.

None of that has anything to do with his boxing demands. He's said plainly that he will not sign another contract if it's exclusive and doesn't allow him to take time away to chase a boxing bout.
So he wants the perks of being an independent contractor since he is classified as in independent contractor? Again, all this is easily fixable if the UFC added strict guidelines on belts and rankings. But again, they don't want that, and fighters like Ngannou are just playing in the conditions the UFC created.

So he wants the perks of being an independent contractor since he is classified as in independent contractor? Again, all this is easily fixable if the UFC added strict guidelines on belts and rankings. But again, they don't want that, and fighters like Ngannou are just playing in the conditions the UFC created.
So he'd sign it if they made the contract more restrictive and just stripped his belt?

[<diva2]

I don't see what the problem is here. The fans can still watch him fight whoever the PFL has for him if they want, the UFC don't have to put up with a diva who's going to put the HW division on hold, and Ngannou can still keep his fingers crossed that Tyson Fury will retire again and call him.

So he'd sign it if they made the contract more restrictive and just stripped his belt?

[<diva2]
Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. Maybe he would attempt an Ali Act lawsuit. Who knows. But like I said, if you have a problem with fighters not being stripped of belts, that is 100 percent on the UFC. They're the ones who don't want belts regulated, be it by them or outside bodies.

Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. Maybe he would attempt an Ali Act lawsuit. Who knows. But like I said, if you have a problem with fighters not being stripped of belts, that is 100 percent on the UFC. They're the ones who don't want belts regulated, be it by them or outside bodies.
Well he's said very clearly that he wouldn't, so he's free to wait for Tyson Fury to retire again in a couple years and call him or fight some no names in PFL. The UFC can move on just fine, fans can still watch him in the PFL if and when he fights again. All he's really done is sabotage his own exposure and make himself less relevant for any boxers to want to fight.

Last edited:
Well he's said very clearly that he wouldn't, so he's free to wait for Tyson Fury to retire again in a couple years and call him or fight some no names in PFL. The UFC can move on just fine, fans can still watch him in the PFL if and when he fights again. All he's really done is sabotage his own exposure and make himself less relevant for any boxers to want to fight.
Sure they can. They would have a publicly legitimate option to make an interim title in the past 6 months, but they blew their load trying to fuck over Francis by making Gane interim. Again, this is a UFC-made headache.

Opera Snapshot_2023-01-10_035042_forums.sherdog.com.png
RIP Francis. The hole is coming back.

I think it has a lot to do with CAA who represents Francis than anything else. CAA and Endeavor do not get along. Seems like any fighter signed to CAA has problems with the UFC brass. Some how the way they approach negotiations really gets the UFC brass going or Ari always going to be pissed off about CAA. Other UFC managers/fighters that are difficult to deal with the UFC seems get it ironed out in the end and rarely does it make out into the media.

I've just noticed this as Fighter Kevin Lee alluded to it and his issues with the UFC. He's a bit all over the place, but it was basically his issue.

Ngannou himself literally said he’s willingly lost $7M by this point because he refused to sign a new contract ahead of Stipe and instead has been choosing to fight on his old contract because they won’t give him a contract that includes boxing/freedom to fight elsewhere as well.

The UFC has tried to pay Ngannou. That has never been the issue.
It's not just the boxing.
He is very unhappy about the way they left him on the bench during the DC-Stipe trilogy. He wants a contracts that guarantees he gets regular and reasonnable fights offers. He also mentionned healtcare cover, don't know how serious he is about this.

It seems foolish as far as I can tell, because it appears Tyson Fury has forgotten all about him and abandoned his retirement plans and is going to continue with real boxers for a while instead of whatever post-retirement hybrid setup he was going to do with Ngannou.
Wilder said he would fight Francis, that fight is more exciting than Fury

Back