NFL star threatens to pull a Conor, only difference is fans/players support him

Marshall Faulk put up good #'s in Indy with a garbage O line. Granted he put up amazing #'s once he went to the Rams and they had a much better O line (and obviously more talented skill guys surrounding him).
Faulk's greatness was because of his catching ability, he wasnt a great pure runner like Barry or AP.

Lol@best RB in the league, James Conner is putting up better stats than Bell.

Bell is a moron, anyone that really knows about football will tell you that a RB is only as good as his O-line. Only outlier is Barry Sanders, he was an actual GOAT with a shitty line.
Bell is an amazing back. Better than Conner in pretty much every way. But he's not worth what he's asking.

Bell is an amazing back. Better than Conner in pretty much every way. But he's not worth what he's asking.
This is pure hype BS. Theres a reason the Steelers arent caving, because Conner is putting in the same work as Bell. The stats dont lie.

This is pure hype BS. Theres a reason the Steelers arent caving, because Conner is putting in the same work as Bell. The stats dont lie.

Stats are often misleading, it's one of the first things you've got to learn about stats. Conner's done great work and kept them from caving for sure. But Bell's better. I don't know how anyone could watch the Steelers play and not see that. But he's simply asking for too much and COnner's good play undercut the Steeler's need at the position.

Stats are often misleading, it's one of the first things you've got to learn about stats. Conner's done great work and kept them from caving for sure. But Bell's better. I don't know how anyone could watch the Steelers play and not see that. But he's simply asking for too much and COnner's good play undercut the Steeler's need at the position.
Stats arent misleading when the team is still winning. The Steelers are sitting atop of their division and Conner is outpacing Bell in production through 9 weeks. This holdout only exposed Bell's true value.

Except it didn't. UFC and their ppv sales was floundering until Conor came back and got what he asked for in addition to proper 12 ring placement and a title shot. Bell will now get a 60+mil guarantee next year with another team instead of yet another steelers franchise tag where a career ending injury would cost him upwards of 40 million lost

He will get signed but it will not be for 60+ in guaranteed money. He will be lucky to get that in total money for a 5 year contract. Todd Gurley the real best RB in the NFL got 4 years and roughly 60 million with I believe around 40 guaranteed. Let's not forget not only is he better but he also has not been suspended twice due to the NFL's drug policy. Throw in the fact that most now question his dedication to football. Using his own words in past tweets, even he questions his dedication to football. Just to add, I am a Steeler fan and I have not spoke to any other Steelers fans that support Bell. Most are happy he decided to just stay wherever he is and not report today. Bell didn't sign the tender hoping it would prove how much the Steelers needed him. To the Steelers and the NFL. I dont think it turned out like he planned.

His name is LeVeon Bell you should probably mention it in your thread bud

I don't give a fuck about football, get your trash thread out of the ufc fourm. <Bottle.gif>

I’m taking Kareem Hunt over bell.

I think bell made the right decision for him btw.

Lol. Leveon didn’t think Conner (James Conner) was going to render him too expensive.

If there was someone in MMA that could garner the same revenue as Conor, while being paid way less—Conor would too look silly sitting out.

Conor is more important than this rando to their respective sports

And sitting out not getting the 14.5 mil is a brilliant strategy. His agent should get a raise if only his client could afford it. Oops.
they are talking as Bell might be able to sue his agent for professional malpractice for not understanding how the CBA works.

TLDR, the best running back in the league, in his prime, is threatening to sit out or retire if he gets franchise tagged again (basically a one year contract for 14.5 million guaranteed). His comments sound very conor-esque, joe. Fans of the Steelers are asking management to pay him what he's worth and other players agree he is doing the right thing to ask for a long term deal and paid as the best running back in the league. It's players like this and others who have done the same before him that force owners to pay them what they are worth. Meanwhile, nobody in the UFC (Except conor of course) have the nuts to make threats like this in their prime or band together like the NFL players did in 68, 70, 74, 82, 87, 2011, etc. And when a fighter does do it, fans who cry about fighter pay call him a coward, duck, etc. Silly mma fans.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tsburgh-steelers-sit-2018-retire-tagged-again
NFL players holding out for money don’t have shit to do with Conor. Between this and the liquor post you’re really desperate to link any kind of goddamn news to Conor, none MMA related. Pathetic...

Faulk's greatness was because of his catching ability, he wasnt a great pure runner like Barry or AP.

Nah, I don’t agree... yeah he had more weapons in his arsenal, in many ways he’s more of the archetype modern back than those 2. His style was different than both those cats too...
He had ridiculous speed as well.

Not the elusiveness of Barry, or the bruiser AP is/was... but more of a slasher/burner 2 cut at most downhill back.

Kareem hunt and Marshall have similar styles imo.

I’d take Marshall over AP and Barry btw, but all 3 HOF who were/are gifts to watch.

NFL players holding out for money don’t have shit to do with Conor. Between this and the liquor post you’re really desperate to link any kind of goddamn news to Conor, none MMA related. Pathetic...
Look at the OP date it was before Conor came back you backwoods inbred

Except he isn't the best- Gurley is. That is something he has in common with Conor- not the best.

If we are talking historically, lol to either of them being the best.

He was a shade below those guys as a runner yeah. Still elite, and yeah his receiving ability elevated him to one of the handful of best ever.

The point was if he got hurt on a franchise tag then he makes 14 this year and shit next year if not a career ending injury

Well he had 14 million guaranteed coming to him if he just signed the contract for this year. The NFL is all about that guaranteed money as they can cut you whenever they want. So turn down 14 million guaranteed money and sat out an entire season. He can sign a big contract next season with somebody but only play one year for them as well. And then get cut. Outside of quarterback franchise money that is about as much as he was ever going to make anyway. 14.5 Is top earnings for his position.

Back