NFL star threatens to pull a Conor, only difference is fans/players support him

Great comparison... if Bell had just bent the NFL over a barrel to put on a hockey game for him that he made 100$ million off of, and the Super Bowl was called off because he didn't feel like playing in the championship.

As it stands it's about the dumbest comparison I've ever heard.
<RomeroSalute>

not a football fan but choosing to set the season out is stupid on his part unless he just wants to get released I'm sure if James Conner wasn't putting up the numbers he is Bell would've returned.

Im a steelers fan for life. My problem with bells stance is that he thinks he deserves rb and wr2 money together. Thats crap. He is a rb period. He catches passes, and is good at it, but so did people like roger craig and LT. Its part of the position. The screen pass has been around forever as well as several other passes meant for the rb. U never saw neon asking for all the positions he playeds money. It basically would make ur team that much weaker, because he cant play both positions at the same time, so u would still need to pay a wr2 his cash. In this case ju ju. . Who is a better wr than bell. As we all see, the connor as rb seems to be going pretty well. They honestly dont need bell. I love watching bell run, like i did watching barry sanders, but he should be happy being paid as top rb in league even tho its arguable that D johnson, or Gurley is the best. Players have no loyalty to teams these days. Yes they deserve pay, and some guys even take cuts to make the team better. I cant imagine Bell being where he is today without being drafted by the steelers. He wasnt even a starter in collage. Thanks to the steelers scouts etc he was given an opportunity and hit the ground running. Without them he would have more than likely been a 2nd or 3rd string or maybe not even in the nfl. He should thank the team, the offensive coach, and the o line for getting him on the map. They all laid it out for him and he should be humble enough to pay it back by playing for the guys who did so much for him.

I mean he can do whatever he feels he should do but only getting 15 million to play a sport for a living isn’t a very sympathetic story

Yep and nobody gives a shit about this clown anymore LOL. His agent is a fucking idiot.

Conner is Leveons replacement

No one outside of Pittsburgh is supporting this.

Nobody in Pittsburgh is supporting it either. They found a much cheaper and more productive replacement for him. His own teammates don’t give a fuck.

I mean he can do whatever he feels he should do but only getting 15 million to play a sport for a living isn’t a very sympathetic story

And sitting out not getting the 14.5 mil is a brilliant strategy. His agent should get a raise if only his client could afford it. Oops.

This.... i dont think ive heard anyone supporting his nonsense.

Who sits out an entire NFL season passing up $14.5 million in the process? Holding out his one thing, but that is just complete and utter stupidity. Does he actually believe he’s going to make that back on the open market next year? Never going to happen.

i thought this was gonna be about someone threatening to throw a dolly at a bus full of players

Yep and nobody gives a shit about this clown anymore LOL. His agent is a fucking idiot.
How is he an idiot? If he signed the deal and got hurt he gets 14 mil and a shit incentive laden contract next year. Instead now he will sign with a different team for somewhere in the 60 mil + guaranteed range

Who sits out an entire NFL season passing up $14.5 million in the process? Holding out his one thing, but that is just complete and utter stupidity. Does he actually believe he’s going to make that back on the open market next year? Never going to happen.
The point was if he got hurt on a franchise tag then he makes 14 this year and shit next year if not a career ending injury

The more I look into this the more I can see Bell's point and understand what he is doing. So I guess I will be the lone voice of support for him and I am not even a Steelers fan. Outside of Kickers\Punters running back make by far the least amount of money out of any position group in the NFL. It is also generally regarded as the hardest on a players body as running backs tend to have the shortest careers particularly with the way the steelers use their running backs. (As in they give them so many touches they get run into the ground.)

Also the Steelers have NEVER given a contract with guaranteed money beyond the 1st year of a contract for anyone besides quarterbacks. For all intents and purposes their original offer of 5 years for 70 million dollars was like playing on 5 one year deals as there was almost no penalty for the team to cancel the contract after the 1st year. (Except that Bell would make a hell of a lot more money playing 5 franchise tag years than signing the original contract.)

On the other hand the contract Bell signs next year is not going to be big enough to counteract not playing this year so overall he is going to lose money. Bell's calculus was this. By not playing this year he is preserving his body to play the next couple of years and get his full value in his next contract.

TLDR, the best running back in the league, in his prime, is threatening to sit out or retire if he gets franchise tagged again (basically a one year contract for 14.5 million guaranteed). His comments sound very conor-esque, joe. Fans of the Steelers are asking management to pay him what he's worth and other players agree he is doing the right thing to ask for a long term deal and paid as the best running back in the league. It's players like this and others who have done the same before him that force owners to pay them what they are worth. Meanwhile, nobody in the UFC (Except conor of course) have the nuts to make threats like this in their prime or band together like the NFL players did in 68, 70, 74, 82, 87, 2011, etc. And when a fighter does do it, fans who cry about fighter pay call him a coward, duck, etc. Silly mma fans.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tsburgh-steelers-sit-2018-retire-tagged-again
I'm is n fl a sport or is it karaoke

Back