NFL Discussion v38: Show me your TDs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bears have handed out about 50 million $ of guaranteed money to 5 dudes that haven't been a regular starter in the league... Ryan Pace is the worst GM in the NFL... Fuck the McCasky family and their idiots kids.
And just like that they totally redeem themselves by signing Mark FUCKING Sanchez! Congrats bro, Bears are stacked at QB for at least the next 6 months

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/23/report-bears-finalizing-deal-with-mark-sanchez/

bears just signed butt-fumble, this season will be a complete shit show

A signing bonus is paid when the contract is signed. Teams get to write it off over the contract period. Lynch signed a 2 year extension during the 2015 then retired after the season. You don't usually sign a contract extension if you don't intend to play but either Lynch did or his decision came later. If he can play, why not play for the Seahawks? It seems to me that he retired to try to get to a different team. There was talk of him coming back last season after the 4th game which might have been to see if Seattle would release him. It could also be because he likes the attention.
Why would they try to keep him on the Hawks if he doesn't want to play here?

This could all be nothing but to draw attention but I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back if he can play for the raiders. Also it's not a team in the NFC or the NFC west so I'm sure if they get some sort of trade worked out they would do it

Also the Seahawks could have made marshawn give them back the original 5 million signing bonus but they let him keep it.

I wouldn't hate having Sanchize as a backup tbh. He won a few for the Eagles didn't he? That's the most you can ask out of a backup.

I wouldn't hate having Sanchize as a backup tbh. He won a few for the Eagles didn't he? That's the most you can ask out of a backup.

He played like shit in his one chance with the Cowboys, but he had mostly backups in the game at that time so he get's a bit of a pass. However, apparently Dak loved the guy and said he helped him out a ton. On more than one occasion, through out the season, Dak mentioned him specifically.

He played like shit in his one chance with the Cowboys, but he had mostly backups in the game at that time so he get's a bit of a pass. However, apparently Dak loved the guy and said he helped him out a ton. On more than one occasion, through out the season, Dak mentioned him specifically.
He's a good dude, just doesn't deliver.

I wouldn't mind him as a backup either.

Admittedly I didn't watch many niners games last year, but how much of his production was in garbage time? Bortles threw 35 td passes a couple years ago and the jags won like 2 games. Would still rather have Kap than mark fucking sanchez lol

BREAKING:

Half times have been extended from 12 minutes to 13:30.

Carry on

Admittedly I didn't watch many niners games last year, but how much of his production was in garbage time? Bortles threw 35 td passes a couple years ago and the jags won like 2 games. Would still rather have Kap than mark fucking sanchez lol
He was way better in the first half (leading games -close). Complete shit the second half lol. Not sure why that is.

He also missed all of TC because of his injuries, so was behind on learning the new playbook.

Yeah the guy isn't as terrible as the jokes make him out to be. There's waaaay worse

Yeah the guy isn't as terrible as the jokes make him out to be. There's waaaay worse
Hard to imagine, every preseason game he was in last year was like a replay of that fateful Thanksgiving evening.

Somebody brought up a good point, when you look at Ej Manual and compare him to Mike Glennon.. Glennon has the better stats. They are similar, but Glennon is about a 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio where EJ is closer to 1/1 but also give you rushing TD's that aren't counted in that.

Glennon deserves more money, but not a "This guys worth 800,000 with no guarantees and this guy deserves 45 million with 18m guaranteed"

Bears are crazy for that contract, but that is the NFL landscape these days.

Somebody brought up a good point, when you look at Ej Manual and compare him to Mike Glennon.. Glennon has the better stats. They are similar, but Glennon is about a 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio where EJ is closer to 1/1 but also give you rushing TD's that aren't counted in that.

Glennon deserves more money, but not a "This guys worth 800,000 with no guarantees and this guy deserves 45 million with 18m guaranteed"

Bears are crazy for that contract, but that is the NFL landscape these days.

It's going to be Cutler all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back