NFL bans kneeling for anthem in 2018 season

I think it's time for Childish Gambino to enlighten us by remixing the anthem. Whenever we get too uppity about our symbols we need to desecrate them a bit. Bring people back down to Earth.
It's been done...

We’re gonna have the same groundhogs day conversation every time Trump opens his mouth.

Hang on, weren't all these kneeling type pieces of shit supposed to be leaving the country when Trump won 2016?

Still here?

Fuck off maybe?

I think it's time for Childish Gambino to enlighten us by remixing the anthem. Whenever we get too uppity about our symbols we need to desecrate them a bit. Bring people back down to Earth.
<1>

Such a horrific take. I can guarantee you didn’t read one lyric of “this is America”, and you have no idea what he’s even expressing. Just jumping on the popularity bandwagon without having a clue.

Hang on, weren't all these kneeling type pieces of shit supposed to be leaving the country when Trump won 2016?

Still here?

Fuck off maybe?

"Kneeling types"??

People aren't robots for the government to control.

YOU may bow down to what Trump spews from his fetid mouth, but not everyone is controlled like you are.

Piece of shit acting all patriotic when he's colluding with the Russkies and shit talking McCain and being soft on China after they gave money to Indonesia for his hotel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/sports/nfl-anthem-kneeling.amp.html

There’s been a lot of questions on if NFL will do anything about the players kneeling during the national anthem. They’ve seen a ratings hit from hardline conservatives over it disrespecting the military, and have also been condemned from some progressives for Kaepernick appearing to be blackballed over being the figure head of the protest that has gone on even in his absences

NFL owners agreed unanimously to fine the teams (not players directly) over conduct violations if any player kneels during the national anthem. Anyone wishing to not stand, will be allowed to stay in the lockerrrom. A 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty was debated but scrapped

NFL is in a damned if they do, and damned if they don’t situation with this one. I’m pretty sure it’s a simply matter of money being the deciding factor. They’ve got more rednecks watching football than SJWs so they cater to that crowd

To those actually arguing the points that are open to interpretation and not stuck in the partisan rut, it has been a debate of freedom of speech vs doing your job when you’re on company time and representatives of your employer

Let’s hear it war room. And for once, I am actually curious to hear @El anciano thoughts and won’t bash his post

I’ll begin by saying I think the kneeling protest is stupid - it’s directed at the wrong target and does more damage than good for the people engaging in the protest. That said, I hate when corporations engage in political nannying to hide this stuff from their consumers. I understand it, but I hate it. I wish all sides would cool down the boycott rhetoric and make room for good faith disagreements.

1st Amendment > Flag
As I said, disregarding what Trump said. I'm not arguing they should be prohibited or expelled from the country. That's asinine. I'm asking what do you personally think of that attitude, if it's a good attitude?

As I said, disregarding what Trump said. I'm not arguing they should be prohibited or expelled from the country. That's asinine. I'm asking what do you personally think of that attitude, if it's a good attitude?

I think it's great.

Blind patriotism is horrible.

<1>

Such a horrific take. I can guarantee you didn’t read one lyric of “this is America”, and you have no idea what any of it even means. Just jumping on the popularity bandwagon without having a clue.
lol what the fuck do you think you're talking about here?

As for jumping on the popularity bandwagon, I've criticized that on the lines of the intentional fallacy. You can read this post of mine: http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/141310427/ that shuts down your whole post. And while I have you here, go away.

Does the concession stands and beer guy stop what they are doing during the anthem?

No?

Then your movement is not as altruistic as you pretend it is.

Wont be long now till patriotism is federally mandated.

Cant wait to punch someone in the teeth with my DD-214.

it's a dumb ass statement.

i can see why a private enterprise looking at their bottom line and sponsors can create guidelines for their employees. that, to me, is fine.

but to foment more division like that is a dick move. it's something an old fart would say.

I'm sorry that you got injured and was met with...shit. That is fucking lame.

Now, regarding this country and hellholes...well, it depends where you live.

I LOVE where I live, (Seattle) but there are sooo many cities in this country that you couldn't pay me to live in.
Why are those cities so bad, that you don’t want to live there?

Trump with another low IQ statement showing a lack of any understanding of why and what people are protesting, and his equally low IQ lowest common denominator will be eating it up.

Why are those cities so bad, that you don’t want to live there?

What kind of question is that?

Don't you have personal preferences regarding where you live?

Some places are smoggy...some are not. Some places feature TREES, some place do not. Some places are by the water, most are not. Some places are waaay more racist than others. Some places are waaay more dangerous...etc, etc, etc.

What kind of question is that?

Don't you have personal preferences regarding where you live?

Some places are smoggy...some are not. Some places feature TREES, some place do not. Some places are by the water, most are not. Some places are waaay more racist than others. Some places are waaay more dangerous...etc, etc, etc.
Which cities are waaay more dangerous?

Its not required. Its just expected. Its what mature, respectful people do. Making the NAtional Anthem a spectacle about yourself is probably one of the most obvious ways to disrespect this country. It also just means you're a retard who doesn't understand what the anthem means and represents.

Obviously folks don't always do what is expected . . . by someone else. I totally understand that traditionally that is what we all tend to do.

How is kneeling or sitting quietly making it a spectacle?

I kneel to pray. How is kneeling maybe with a bowed head, maybe not, disrespecting anyone or anything?

Retards are the folks who like to control what someone else does and makes a spectacle of that for no reason at all.

I think if you hate the USA so much that you can’t reapect what the flag stands for then why stay? I’m not saying you should leave but if I hated the USA as much as all these dumb fucks....I’d leave.
what dumb fucks?

Back