NFL bans kneeling for anthem in 2018 season

Could you imagine if Obama had ever said anything this fundamentally stupid?

Trump, proving conservatives dont actually stand for anything lol

Blacks have been here since the beginning and are more American then Trump and family.
this has nothing to do with anything being discussed here. Thread derail attempt detected.

"It's frankly disgusting that the Press can write whatever it wants to write and somebody should look into it."

He either doesn't understand our rights, or he thinks they selectively apply.

Could you imagine if Obama had ever said anything this fundamentally stupid?

Trump, proving conservatives dont actually stand for anything lol

You don't own that . . . you didn't build that . . .

Or something.

:cool:;)

Laugh . . . it's Friday for cryin' out loud.

Guy is just playing to his dumb base and they eat it up. Look at the retards in here.

Fans crying about kneeling protests are the biggest pussies. No wonder the game has gone soft on defense, it’s to appease the pussy fans.

That's going a little far, but I think the discourse would be better if a lot of people just admitted that they agree with the concept of "triggering" and of "safe spaces" being desirable (even if it interferes with some people's free speech) and just disagree with "SJWs" about who needs to be protected and from what.

I'm being totally serious. As a liberal, I value free speech highly, but if people want to really discuss this issue and get clarity on each other's views, it should be hashed out on the level. The current situation, where most of the right both mocks and embraces the idea that speech that offends should be restricted (depending on whose ox is being gored), makes it almost impossible to reach any understanding. That also leads to liberals appropriating kind of ugly rhetoric to turn that mocking around, which is another problem.

Probably one of the dumbest things Trump has said and that's saying a lot. He's just catering to his dumb muh flag base.

It astonishes me how much endurance liberals have to come back and get kicked over and over on this issue, and how willing they are to continue empowering Trump by simply not fucking dropping it, and moving on.

Whatever. Democrats are playing the long game, and Trumpbots are about to learn what it means when, as Dances with Wolves said to Kicking Bird, you suddenly find yourself outnumbered by people who don't look like you as numerous as the stars in the sky. That's no more than several decades away, and there is nothing that is going to stop it short of an epic Civil War which is in nobody's best interests, and isn't remotely realistic.

It's amazing how myopic Trump's base is to this inevitable reality. At some point you think they'd adjust their message to better prepare for it.

Teams should just stay in the locker room while it's being played. They always did this before 2009 anyways.

If they insist on using sports entertainment to push their views, then yes. People watch sports to unwind and enjoy themselves.
Agreed, sporting events should not be playing the National Anthem.

It's all going to come down to the interpretation. If it doesn't include o-line, and d-line, I am fine with it.

I kinda like the rule actually if I understand it correctly. It seems these chop blocks would be made illegal which to me is a good thing. I think of them as a way to congest the line of scrimmage when you know you SHOULD be getting owned. I also think it makes for a boring, and less skill based game. The line of scrimmage is supposed to be the front lines. The place where men smash against one another trying to push the others back and get an upper hand on the terrain.

I see it like how pride banned elbows. This forced fighters to create separation to land a strike which allowed the fighter on the bottom, room to do something. If you have to be diving at the knees of your opponent to either "block" him or to block an area because you can't get your job done.... ya get me?

I doubt this rule does anything for what I'm talking about here unless you got liberal with the interpretation tho lol

oh, check out captain thesaurus. If that's the best you can do, I feel sad for you.

great attempt at deflection............... no not really, it was a pretty pathetic.
Deflect what, exactly? You didn't make any point and didn't even try. Not my fault you don't know what words mean.

It astonishes me how much endurance liberals have to come back and get kicked over and over on this issue, and how willing they are to continue empowering Trump by simply not fucking dropping it, and moving on.

Whatever. Democrats are playing the long game, and Trumpbots are about to learn what it means when, as Dances with Wolves said to Kicking Bird, you suddenly find yourself outnumbered by people who don't look like you as numerous as the stars in the sky. That's no more than several decades away, and there is nothing that is going to stop it short of an epic Civil War which is in nobody's best interests, and isn't remotely realistic.

It's amazing how myopic Trump's base is to this inevitable reality. At some point you think they'd adjust their message to better prepare for it.

That’s why they’re going to run Nikki Haley next.

Back