new pro football league starting for 18-21 yr olds.

Saw on ESPN today they are starting a new Pro football league for 18-21 yr olds. Do you think this will take away from colleges if these athletes can get paid?? They said this league would be for those who academically cant get into college and for those without scholarships. Colleges are set up for those who will not make the pros to have a college degree to fall back on. with the new league if your not drafted you have no education to better your life. Thoughts.
That's what Junior College is for.

Yea athletic programs lose money but football and basketball make money
Problem is those two sports are the only ones that turn a profit while all them gay ass sports and all that Title IX womens bullshit drain the program
Oh, they were talking about all athletics. Yeah, football aND basketball subsidizes rugby and field hockey.

Out of business in under 3 years. Might as well bring back the xfl
Exactly. I don't even understand the demographic they're going after, kids not academically good enough? There's thousands of college football programs and junior colleges you can get into if you're borderline retarded.

Tons of players that aren't academically sound or good enough just go the JR college route and then transfer.

Plus the competition will be so weak it wouldn't be pertinent for good high school players to go there to get paid instead of college because it could ruin your chances of going to the NFL.

This makes more sense for things like basketball where people know by high school generally who is going to succeed. I wish they made the NBA d-league better financially so guys didn't just go to oversea leagues instead.

Football is a completely different animal and 5/4 star recruits end up doing nothing in college. NFL scouts won't pay any heed to a guy who succeeds in this league against scrubs, hell great CFL players rarely get a chance in the NFL.

Anyway let's just say this goes as planned and they get a good base of players not academically well off and some decent players who want to skip college, the quality of play will be way worse than D1 football and the CFL plus laughable compared to the NFL so why watch?

If people were hankering for pro football so badly the CFL would be successful in the US, I literally don't know one person who watches the CFL or even how often they broadcast games.

Yea athletic programs lose money but football and basketball make money
Problem is those two sports are the only ones that turn a profit while all them gay ass sports and all that Title IX womens bullshit drain the program
The article says that football yields a net loss due to high expenses. It mentions nothing of the rest of college sports.

for those who cant get into college?
do we really want to promote more idiots playing football?

Exactly.

If people were hankering for pro football so badly the CFL would be successful in the US, I literally don't know one person who watches the CFL or even how often they broadcast games.

I think they put one game a week or two on espn3.

Back