new pro football league starting for 18-21 yr olds.

Chazz Reinhold

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Saw on ESPN today they are starting a new Pro football league for 18-21 yr olds. Do you think this will take away from colleges if these athletes can get paid?? They said this league would be for those who academically cant get into college and for those without scholarships. Colleges are set up for those who will not make the pros to have a college degree to fall back on. with the new league if your not drafted you have no education to better your life. Thoughts.

giver. seems like it could work out alright. Not like most of the dudes in the league would have much else going for them.

it definitely will. The true phenoms who know they are getting drafted will go pro out of high school. Why play in college for 4 years (playing for free and potentially injuring yourself) when you can get paid out of high school, then go pro after?

That's interesting. I don't see it lasting, but I hope it's successful. There's got to be a ton of spots in college classrooms taken up by football players who don't want to be there and are gifted the grades to continue playing.

Out of business in under 3 years. Might as well bring back the xfl

Out of business in under 3 years. Might as well bring back the xfl
This^ It won't go anywhere. People know the NFL and that's all they care about. No one gives a shit about watching two unknown teams, where the outcome of the game doesn't mean anything.

it definitely will. The true phenoms who know they are getting drafted will go pro out of high school. Why play in college for 4 years (playing for free and potentially injuring yourself) when you can get paid out of high school, then go pro after?
If your a phenom and go to this league for the money and its subpar talent you might be judged less then a phenom who went to college and played against higher talent.

Anything that incentivizes young adults to not be developing themselves in either a classroom or with a skill set that has a high probability of translating into long-term employment is bad. Incentivizing them to leave school to pursue a pipe dream that is professional sports is not a good thing for society at all.

Most athletes who cant get into college got to a JC or community college and eventually end up in a big school. I dont think this is necessary.

Hope we get a team in Oakland after the Raiders fuck us over and leave in a couple years

Anything that incentivizes young adults to not be developing themselves in either a classroom or with a skill set that has a high probability of translating into long-term employment is bad. Incentivizing them to leave school to pursue a pipe dream that is professional sports is not a good thing for society at all.

I disagree.

You have a lot of guys that go to college for football and don't take their education seriously and end up wasting a Scholarship and opportunity.

Maybe something like this would keep those guys out of school until they realize they aren't going to make it in the NFL.

Once that is realized they can take a real motivated shot at college.

I disagree.

You have a lot of guys that go to college for football and don't take their education seriously and end up wasting a Scholarship and opportunity.

Maybe something like this would keep those guys out of school until they realize they aren't going to make it in the NFL.

Once that is realized they can take a real motivated shot at college.
I think that for a lot of those guys, football is the only shot they've got at going to a good school. If they squander that shot, then that's on them.

Couldn't guys that want to get paid right away go play in the CFL?

That's an interesting idea, but there must be reasons it doesn't happen. One guess is because the pay is low. Also, teams have a cap on the number of import players. Probably not worth the risk to bring in and groom a guy who has never played pro before. By the time he learns the game he'll be looking to leave.

I think that for a lot of those guys, football is the only shot they've got at going to a good school. If they squander that shot, then that's on them.

They might be better off taking a real shot at community/JuCo

That's an interesting idea, but there must be reasons it doesn't happen. One guess is because the pay is low. Also, teams have a cap on the number of import players. Probably not worth the risk to bring in and groom a guy who has never played pro before. By the time he learns the game he'll be looking to leave.

I didn't realize that. I knew Asian countries had that with basketball but I didn't know the CFL had the same rule.

Saw on ESPN today they are starting a new Pro football league for 18-21 yr olds. Do you think this will take away from colleges if these athletes can get paid?? They said this league would be for those who academically cant get into college and for those without scholarships. Colleges are set up for those who will not make the pros to have a college degree to fall back on. with the new league if your not drafted you have no education to better your life. Thoughts.

I hope it does. Bout time we take sports out of the hands of the educational industrial complex. They already control too much.

This is a step in the right directions towards getting rid of public education altogether. Okay, by a long shot yes, but still

Next they will do away with sports in schools, and you have to go to private club. Then arts and crafts will be taken out, and you got to seek that outside.

At some point you just have to get STEM, reading, writing on your own too.

Well technically if they are making money, they can invest in private tutors to make them smart, and then go to college or pay for trade school.

Back