New Opioid Study

The analysis was never associated with Trump; it was associated with people and communities that eventually decided to vote for Trump. Most of these people were, presumably, extant for most of the past 20 years when the opioid crisis was developing.

WTF are you talking about? Of course it was associated with Trump. Did you read the study?

Objective To explore the overlap between the geographic distribution of US counties with high opioid use and the vote for the Republican candidate in the 2016 presidential election.

Stimulants work as pain relievers and mood boosters for me. Adderall is pretty great when taken accordingly. I don't know why, but my back pain is gone when I take adderall.

Stimulants work as pain relievers and mood boosters for me. Adderall is pretty great when taken accordingly. I don't know why, but my back pain is gone when I take adderall.
Give meth a shot

<Goldie11>

The analysis stopped being objective when it was associated with Trump.
There is nothing objective about linking an epidemic, which has roots going back 20+ years, with the guy who has been POTUS for less than 2.
And as a person who rather see this guy be POTUS for 4 rather than 8 years, it would be nice if sensational stories that could be chewed to pieces with a glance would stop making headlines. This doesn't help.

It's not associated with Trump as a causal factor. It's a correlation with people who also voted for Trump. You're reading into it an association that isn't there, which is an easy enough mistake to make. As you noted, this has roots that precede Trump's candidacy. But the larger set of variables in play speak to overlapping elements in the underlying population.

Interesting to say the least. I actually enjoyed this thread of yours.

It's not associated with Trump as a causal factor. It's a correlation with people who also voted for Trump. You're reading into it an association that isn't there, which is an easy enough mistake to make. As you noted, this has roots that precede Trump's candidacy. But the larger set of variables in play speak to overlapping elements in the underlying population.

I"m not suggesting its associated with Trump as a causal factor, only that this study and this thread is bullshit because its TRYING to make a correlation between opioid addiction and voting for Trump. Its using a tragedy to win political points. Its a poorly conducted study unworthy of JAMA or even its offshoots.

cultural appropriation
giphy.gif

I'd wager a good portion of the drug addictions are from Dr. prescribed painkillers.
Scummy thread, BTW.

I bet this is true for the white suicide epidemic as well.

Trump has thrown a lifeline to white males. I'm sure the rate is way, way down now that the God Emperor has gotten things back on track for the pasties.

Two years into Trump’s term, the country is still in the grip of a terrible opioid crisis. It is a truism that this crisis cuts across demographic lines— sort of.

A new medical journal study shows that the counties that voted most heavily for Trump in 2016 have the highest rates of opioid abuse.

“In counties with higher than average rates of chronic opioid prescriptions, 60 percent of voters went for Trump. In counties with lower than average rates, only 39 percent voted for Trump.”

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...erlap-in-opioid-use-and-trump-support-in-2016

Please stop detracting from the epidemic of American citizens being raped and murdered by illegals with this statistically insignificant opioid overdose stuff. We have to wage the war against the big threats first.

Isn't fentanyl what they add to the heroin to make it stronger because the purity of the average street dose is only about 2% heroin?

Yup and it is very potent/deadly

But now you are getting people going for straight fentanyl without heroin. Shit is crazy out there.

Facts bother you ?
No.
I'm not a liberal.
The thread is nothing but an attempt at putting a certain demographic in a bad light. It's a scummy thing to do, and in no way indicates me being "bothered".
Sorry, but that cheap "you mad?" schoolyard tactic won' work on me.

Trump has thrown a lifeline to white males. I'm sure the rate is way, way down now that the God Emperor has gotten things back on track for the pasties.
LOL, such edge.
You could also say that Obama has thrown a lifeline to black males, I'm sure the black on black murder rate is way down now that he has gotten things on track for the Darkies.

I"m not suggesting its associated with Trump as a causal factor, only that this study and this thread is bullshit because its TRYING to make a correlation between opioid addiction and voting for Trump. Its using a tragedy to win political points. Its a poorly conducted study unworthy of JAMA or even its offshoots.

But there is a correlation. Denying it doesn't make it untrue and if you've been following the opioid crisis for some time, you should be aware of those overlapping elements.

Are you suggesting that it's a coincidence that as these parts of the country lost their economic footholds, social standing (increased depression, suicide rates, etc), and increased their drug abuse to cope with it (resulting in higher mortality rates) that they also voted for a political candidate who claimed he could reverse those trends?

These parts of country are dying, sinking into economic ruin and desperate for a solution.

Yup and it is very potent/deadly

But now you are getting people going for straight fentanyl without heroin. Shit is crazy out there.
The fun part is that the drugs that paramedics carry to reverse the effects of a drug overdose (and save the life of the patient) don't work on fentanyl. Damn shame what's happening to people.

Back