New on HBO - The Leftovers (No Book Spoilers)

Well? What's the verdict? Is it worth watching...

Only if you like a long dragging on show with no plot ,meaningless story lines, nonsensical things happening and never being explained.

extremespittake.gif

its like lost, but without all the intrigue, maybe dl ep 3 and skip the rest

Watched the first 5 minutes of season premiere months ago. Couldn't stay on. For me this is classified as boring.

I didn't like the pilot, but I started watching it again weeks later.

I love it. Beautiful directing, great story, great acting. It's high quality television. I love it's uniqueness, and that every episode tells a different sub-story.

My favorite episode is the one with the reverend. The finale was also great.

I like the show and really enjoyed last night's episode. I'll be tuning in for next season.

Good cach stoops. For the life of me I couldnt figure out what garvey wished for from holy wayne.

And since the beginning I thought holy wayne was supposed to be the antichrist?

Great show. I really like the subject matter they are dealing with, the horrific grief caused by the unexplained loss of a loved one and the inability of those on the outside to even begin to understand and this has happened to the entire populous at once.
Yes there is a great deal of mystery and not everything is explained but that is why the show is worth watching. If you knew what happened what would be the purpose of watching?

Just look what happened to twin peaks when they were forced to reveal Laura's killer? No one was interested, the mystery was gone, the magicians secret revealed.

Loved this show and loved the finale. To hell with all ya'll hataz!

In all seriousness, I hate to just make a blanket statement like this, but I think the show went over a lot of peoples heads. Most went in expecting it to be something different, like a mystery thriller style show. It's not that, at all.

It's a show about people reacting to tragedy and the unknown. I found it to be awesome and I was hooked on every episode. Top notch acting, cinematography, and atmosphere.

I'm not too bothered by the unanswered questions, because they were never the focal point of the show. The shows main subject matter was dealing with broken people who couldn't be fixed. The finale gave you some hope that they could.

So many powerful moments in the finale. Nora's reaction at seeing the dolls in her kitchen (If her walking in on that didn't totally fuck you up, I'm convinced you're dead inside), Kevin reading the passage over the grave, Kevin's convo with Matt, Laurie screaming "Jill" and that whole scene,

Hell the most gut-wretching part for me was the god damned dog. Most of my coworkers didn't really catch how significant that part was.

So yea, I loved it.

Best usage of music in a show since BB also. Loved the placement of Nothing Else Matters

Great show. I really like the subject matter they are dealing with, the horrific grief caused by the unexplained loss of a loved one and the inability of those on the outside to even begin to understand and this has happened to the entire populous at once.
Yes there is a great deal of mystery and not everything is explained but that is why the show is worth watching. If you knew what happened what would be the purpose of watching?

Just look what happened to twin peaks when they were forced to reveal Laura's killer? No one was interested, the mystery was gone, the magicians secret revealed.

I think too many people are focusing on the mystery and ignoring that the characters coping with the events is the real meat of the story.

Loved this show and loved the finale. To hell with all ya'll hataz!

In all seriousness, I hate to just make a blanket statement like this, but I think the show went over a lot of peoples heads. Most went in expecting it to be something different, like a mystery thriller style show. It's not that, at all.

It's a show about people reacting to tragedy and the unknown. I found it to be awesome and I was hooked on every episode. Top notch acting, cinematography, and atmosphere.

I'm not too bothered by the unanswered questions, because they were never the focal point of the show. The shows main subject matter was dealing with broken people who couldn't be fixed. The finale gave you some hope that they could.

So many powerful moments in the finale. Nora's reaction at seeing the dolls in her kitchen (If her walking in on that didn't totally fuck you up, I'm convinced you're dead inside), Kevin reading the passage over the grave, Kevin's convo with Matt, Laurie screaming "Jill" and that whole scene,

Hell the most gut-wretching part for me was the god damned dog. Most of my coworkers didn't really catch how significant that part was.

So yea, I loved it.

Best usage of music in a show since BB also. Loved the placement of Nothing Else Matters

I've been hooked since the first episode. I really like all of the characters.

The finale was great and I'm looking forward to next season. The scene between Matt and Kevin in the diner was awesome.

I think too many people are focusing on the mystery and ignoring that the characters coping with the events is the real meat of the story.

I agree. What happened to the departed is secondary. The show is about "The Leftovers". I am not surprised that its above some heads as the emotional state of the show is unnatural.

Good cach stoops. For the life of me I couldnt figure out what garvey wished for from holy wayne.

And since the beginning I thought holy wayne was supposed to be the antichrist?

I think he wished for his family back. Hence Lori talks, Jill holds his hand and the son returns.

They could have made this a 6 episode series and told the same story.

I stopped watching after episode 2. Reading everyone's comments and a few articles on the finale, I'm glad I didn't invest my time. I'm surprised HBO renewed it with the viewer numbers but if they still have Girls, I guess anything is possible.

They could have made this a 6 episode series and told the same story.

I don't see how they could have done that. Personally I don't think they wasted a lot of time or added a lot of filler. Perhaps they gave more background into the characters that people in this thread want but I certainly don't think the show was bloated.

I think he wished for his family back. Hence Lori talks, Jill holds his hand and the son returns.

Definitely. Especially considering the topic of his conversation with Matt moments earlier

Back