New on HBO - The Leftovers (No Book Spoilers)

not sure if this is the main thread or not, but i like the series and i've been binge watching it since yesterday, im almost ending season 1, its interesting but the script i think its pretty bad in the interactions with the characters, it tries to play the whole "silent moments that mean something" like i dont know Meet Joe Black did but it fails alot.

that said with all the fails its still interesting, will be catching up real soon

This show is the absolute shit and i dont understand how its not more popular. 3rd and final season just started Sunday and my mind is already effed

This show is the absolute shit and i dont understand how its not more popular. 3rd and final season just started Sunday and my mind is already effed
i was looking forward to see how the new intro guess will have to wait tell next week me and my brother liked the season one intro but we both thought the second one was trash

I watched the first two seasons within a week, and still have no clue what is going on. It's definitely not one of those shows that likes to answer questions. There are still a bunch of questions and holes from S1 left unanswered. I'm hoping this third season will at least have SOME answers. I don't even need to know how it all happened, but some clarification would be nice...

The show seriously has the "Perfect Strangers" theme for the opening now...

That's a bit much.

I gotta eventually catch up though. I liked season 1 okay, but totally skipped season 2. I saw a bit of it here and there, but it seemed like a completely different show, so I'm not sure what to think.

That's a bit much.

I gotta eventually catch up though. I liked season 1 okay, but totally skipped season 2. I saw a bit of it here and there, but it seemed like a completely different show, so I'm not sure what to think.

Well there there was one of the actors from that show on this episode.

mark-linn-baker-the-leftovers-carrie-coon.jpg

kansascitystar0886.jpg

A little too meta for my tastes.

Do they change the theme each episode? Was this the premiere?

I like the show and I've been watching it since the first season, but there really is no theme to what is going on. (Besides the fact that the world is trying to pick up the pieces after 1/3 of the people mysteriously disappeared) It follows a story arc, but it's all over the place. Kind of like lost did, but not as good and not quite as scattered.

Edit: Duh... You meant the opening theme. I'm not sure. I've caught the last few episodes about 2 minutes in, so I missed the theme. I also said that you watched season 1, but not season 2. Both seasons didn't really tie together all that well imo. This season seems to be following the same trend. Hopefully they can tie it all together for this last season.

Last edited:

That's a bit much.

I have no idea how you could just watch this show here and there lol Im lost for the most part and im balls deep into the show.

Cant imagine how lost id be if i just kinda caught season 2 in bits and pieces

Every new season I forget how to watch this show.

The trick is... Divorce yourself from trying to understand what's going on, and just enjoy the ride, which is extraordinary.

The small character plays within this off-balance universe never fail to blow my mind, everything is so raw and human. The directing is as good as it gets.

Nora's Wu Tang tattoo and the trampoline scene were incredible. This show does such a great job of throwing little chunks of humour at you in an otherwise emotionally dense and serious story line.

I'm a bit surprised this show does not have more of a following then it does. This is a quality show in my opinion. Very well acted, and a real slow burn of a story. As such when they reveal something it feels satisfying in a way I can think of few other shows feeling. Three seasons was a perfect length to tell the story in my opinion.
I hope as time passes this show is appreciated in the way it deserves to be.

I'm a bit surprised this show does not have more of a following then it does. This is a quality show in my opinion. Very well acted, and a real slow burn of a story. As such when they reveal something it feels satisfying in a way I can think of few other shows feeling. Three seasons was a perfect length to tell the story in my opinion.
I hope as time passes this show is appreciated in the way it deserves to be.
First impression is always important. I tried the first season but found it a waste of time and I was one of those viewers that found Lost to be meandering. I never gave season 2 of Leftovers a try even with the rave reviews

First impression is always important. I tried the first season but found it a waste of time and I was one of those viewers that found Lost to be meandering. I never gave season 2 of Leftovers a try even with the rave reviews

Honestly you should give it another try. As I said it is a real slow burn of a story. I actually feel that the first season was the weakest of the three. This show blows lost out of the water.

I think the show doesn't have more viewers because the first season was marketed as a horror thing, with those random scary clips, when the show was nothing like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if execs at HBO had them add those random seems to help promote it.

That said, really amazing show. Unique mix of drama and humor. Great acting all around too.

Back