New Mexico school shooter was radicalized on white supremacist pro-Trump websites

Atchison frequented alt-right websites and forums, sometimes posting under names like “Adam Lanza” and “Future Mass Shooter,” often writing messages that glorified school shootings.

In 2016, Atchison posted a comment online asking where he can buy “a cheap assault rifle”—prompting a visit from the FBI. Albuquerque FBI Special Agent Terry Wade said he was “cooperative” and “enjoyed trolling on the internet.”

This is tragic. The shit he said online was so bad, someone did the right thing and reported him to real life authorities, and they fucked up identifying him as an actual threat. Some rando on Stormfront did the right thing, but it wasn’t able to save the innocent lives :(

There's always a Finn...

XpscaFU.gif

I like how asking "how can I buy a cheap assault rifle" got him a visit from the FBI but all that other shit didn't.

My hundreds of google searches of variations of “best affordable ar-15” trying to do research and decide on a gun for coyote hunting and to have one for defense before they become illegal likely have me on a list somewhere then

Cheap assault rifle just sounds like he’s trying to find something cheaper (and incredibly shittier) than a Panther Oracle

DPMS does make some good ar-10s tho. Friend has a G2 light Hunter. Fantastic gun in 308

His praising of mass shootings was the most fucked up thing. That’s the shit we at least don’t get or tolerate her at sherdog. Some people call for turning the Middle East into a glass farm, but you can tell that’s just talk. Admiring something horrific but within a person’s means like a shooting or bombing should set off alarm bells

lol what the fuck this true?

I’ve heard it said said here so many times I believe it’s true. Never could figure out a username tho. I’ve been curious if they posted some fucked up shit in the war room, or just posted in the UFC forum about their favorite fighters

"A YouTuber known as “Smith,” who considered Atchison a friend, disputes the claim he was a white supremacist, insisting their racist rhetoric was “mostly satire.”"

<YeahOKJen>

I remember when the Unabomber laughed off his manifesto as parody because he had been listening to a lot of Weird Al in the woods...

Lol at your join date. Nice try.
never said this was my first account i had to cancel my old one to make a new one as per the forum rules but it wasnt banned.. but keep trying

But just remember white supremacists aren't actually a real problem according to some on here.

So he was on daily stormer, whatever that is.
But also on EncyclopediaDramatica and YouTube and other sites they won't mention.

Weird that they blame it on one website he visited out of how many?

This is tragic. The shit he said online was so bad, someone did the right thing and reported him to real life authorities, and they fucked up identifying him as an actual threat. Some rando on Stormfront did the right thing, but it wasn’t able to save the innocent lives :(

What should have been done on the part of the authorities?

It really is a dangerous road when you start saying or implying a person killed or performed violent acts because of websites speech music or film. Even if it might be true that it did contribute.

Using this threads example there is a real possibility that the bombers were radicalized here. Or they might have been radicalized by something that Joseph said in here.

Sadly. No matter what you political beliefs you will probably agree on certain issues with the extremes.

I'm sure there are crossover beliefs between my beliefs and some of the beliefs of the Alt right and BLM both. Just because there are a few overlapping issues does not make me part of their groups

So he was on daily stormer, whatever that is.
But also on EncyclopediaDramatica and YouTube and other sites they won't mention.

Weird that they blame it on one website he visited out of how many?

This is stupid for two reasons.

1. His posting on youtube, encyclopediadramatica and steam are all getting attention because he filled them all with violent, right-wing extremist rantings about black, jews, liberals, etc. and how he'd like to kill them all. See here: https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-m...ecret-life-on-pro-trump-white-supremacy-sites

2. Of course they blame it on right-wing, extremist websites because that's where his transformation is available for all to see. Then he started taking his bullshit to other parts of the internet until everything he posted was violent, deranged right-wing extremist rhetoric. He wasn't posting on youtube about how reaction videos are ruining everything; he was posting hate-filled, extremist, right-wing propaganda. He took what he was writing on the daily stormer and started posting it on every website he went to. You would literally have to be stupid to not focus on his right-wing extremist beliefs and the places in which he cultivated them.

This is stupid for two reasons.

1. His posting on youtube, encyclopediadramatica and steam are all getting attention because he filled them all with violent, right-wing extremist rantings about black, jews, liberals, etc. and how he'd like to kill them all. See here: https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-m...ecret-life-on-pro-trump-white-supremacy-sites

2. Of course they blame it on right-wing, extremist websites because that's where his transformation is available for all to see. Then he started taking his bullshit to other parts of the internet until everything he posted was violent, deranged right-wing extremist rhetoric. He wasn't posting on youtube about how reaction videos are ruining everything; he was posting hate-filled, extremist, right-wing propaganda. He took what he was writing on the daily stormer and started posting it on every website he went to. You would literally have to be stupid to not focus on his right-wing extremist beliefs and the places in which he cultivated them.

And gotcha. So Hodgkinson shot because of websites he visited?

Or was it because he's a moron and psycho?

And gotcha. So Hodgkinson shot because of websites he visited?

Or was it because he's a moron and psycho?

Why do I suspect that you're eager to draw this distinction to protect white supremacists, but would not draw this distinction in threads about Muslim attacks?

Back