New Mexico school shooter was radicalized on white supremacist pro-Trump websites

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/ne...ized-on-white-supremacist-pro-trump-websites/

New Mexico school shooter was radicalized on white supremacist pro-Trump websites

William “Bill” Edward Atchison, the 21-year-old who shot and killed two students and himself last Thursday at Aztec High School in Aztec, New Mexico, was a secret white supremacist, spending time on websites like The Daily Stormer and spreading pro-Trump memes across the internet, the Daily Beast reports.

Atchison frequented alt-right websites and forums, sometimes posting under names like “Adam Lanza” and “Future Mass Shooter,” often writing messages that glorified school shootings.

In 2016, Atchison posted a comment online asking where he can buy “a cheap assault rifle”—prompting a visit from the FBI. Albuquerque FBI Special Agent Terry Wade said he was “cooperative” and “enjoyed trolling on the internet.”

Online, Atchison laughed off the visit. “I was part of the trolling and lulz…” he wrote on his YouTube channel. “The feds investigated me cus some f*g reported my profile to troll me… they said they didn’t think I was a serious threat and understood the satire…”

But despite landing on the FBI’s radar, Atchison’s rhetoric escalated; according to posts, he was frustrated with his life in rural New Mexico and bleak career prospects. He blamed his situation, at least in part, on “degeneracy” spurred on by “hedonism, sexual decay, dirty n**gers.”

“How am I supposed to function in this world?” Atchison wrote online in November. “Wherever I go, I see degeneracy. Pointless materialism, hedonism, sexual decay, dirty n**gers who do nothing but slowly break down this society etc. it’s fucking everywhere. No way to escape it, 99% of people are part of it and whatever I do I am confronted with the death of the West. Go to the store and buy groceries in peace? Nope, here’s a group of LGBT liberal filth in line with you. And there’s a n**ger family with 10 kids over there. And a Finn too, but he’s overweight as fuck and he’s buying alcohol and shit junk food. F*cking fantastic.”

“I used to think that this was a phase and we’d get over it, but I have now come to realize that I was born into a literal dystopia,” he added.

On the website EncyclopediaDramatica, where Atchison was maligned for posting “pro-Columbine shooting memes and ‘shitty facebook commentaries’ praising Donald Trump” too frequently, users asked Atchison about his fixation on school shooting.

“I remember [Atchison] literally bragging about being obsessed with Columbine. In 2016,” one user wrote.

He also appeared to crave the notoriety of mass shootings. “Suicides are ignored,” Atchison wrote last year. “Suicidal people who commit mass murder, however, get the entire world’s attention, garner thousands of fans / fangirls, become a household name and become celebrities.

Ryan Lenz of the Southern Poverty Law Center told the Daily Beast Atchison’s escalating rhetoric followed a pattern typical of white supremacists.

“What we’ve found with these ideologies is that they repeatedly lead to violence. There’s a dual line of radicalization happening,” Lenz said. “To steep yourself in Daily Stormer rhetoric and the sites like it is to put yourself in the headspace of where the violence is when not if.”

A YouTuber known as “Smith,” who considered Atchison a friend, disputes the claim he was a white supremacist, insisting their racist rhetoric was “mostly satire.”

“[Atchison] wasn’t alt-right. He wasn’t a neo-Nazi,” Smith told the Daily Beast. “Bill hated both sides… His emotions mixed with his politics.

“He was edgy, he was offensive, and he was shocking. He said a lot out of pure shock, but I didn’t think he’d be so moronic enough to do what he did,” he added.

Literally a red flag walking around in human form.

EDIT: I first posted this in a reply to another poster who is upset that white supremacists who talk about killing minorities are getting an unfair rap. Everyone who wants to read more about his craziness and his pleas for help, check it this link because it is immensely detailed: https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-m...ecret-life-on-pro-trump-white-supremacy-sites

Last edited:
"A YouTuber known as “Smith,” who considered Atchison a friend, disputes the claim he was a white supremacist, insisting their racist rhetoric was “mostly satire.”"

<YeahOKJen>

So? As if he wouldn't have found another excuse to shoot people.

I find it interesting that this place gets its forum history wiped, and no reports ever come out on what the Boston bombers posted here, but that somehow this doesn't get the same treatment.

I agree. They wiped the Texas church shooters entire facebook before they gave info on his identity. Facebook friends claimed He was a militant atheist. Can't have that narrative out there. Wipe it clean.

The narrative of "evil white nationalist" is a narrative the powers that be wish to promulgate. It will be pushed.

This burdens my happy.

Your previous banned account?
i name changed but nice try..
im surprised you didnt ask to be banned like rip when all your buddies got banned for being shitposters

Last edited:
I agree. They wiped the Texas church shooters entire facebook before they gave info on his identity. Facebook friends claimed He was a militant atheist. Can't have that narrative out there. Wipe it clean.

The narrative of "evil white nationalist" is a narrative the powers that be wish to promulgate. It will be pushed.

This burdens my happy.

So what do you think is the truth here? That he was a liberal and tptb can't have that known? Which other "white nationalist" criminals are being unfairly maligned as racists?

Last edited:
Muslim shoots someone- all Muslims are radical terrorists
Liberal shoots someone - all liberals are antifa terrorists
Right winger shoots someone - lone wolf, mental illness, would have found another reason, not all right wingers etc

The above is the logic of the alt right, ignoring the vast number of terror attacks committed by the American far right. Sad.

I like how asking "how can I buy a cheap assault rifle" got him a visit from the FBI but all that other shit didn't.

Another day, another JD generalizing gun thread.

helen-lovejoy-pic.png

I don't think pro trumpers praise mass shooters like this guy. Especially Adam Lanza who was a liberal, as are almost all of the other mass shooters.

Back