New Japanese fighting event "Ganryujima"

it's hard to keep track of these events happening since they don't go on fight finder

any video of the 60 year old guy's fight?

What happened to JZ? was that a straight up TKD guy?

it's hard to keep track of these events happening since they don't go on fight finder

Vitali Kratt was the guy who beat JZ, he does combat sambo

I haven't found anything besides these three videos unfortunately.

Although you can watch it via this link if you are willing to pay 5 bucks via PayPal:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv229076461

Did they change the rules?

Can you stil win by ring out?

They should be going onto fight finder. Mixed rules are mixed rules. It doesn't have to be unified rules. It's like saying MMA can only exist in a cage. We've seen it in a cage, a ring, the Yamma and now an open mat with a moat for various environments.

I found some fights from Ganryujima 2:

[YT]hJZyaMxKe5M[/YT]

[YT]UbNy9qwYThI[/YT]

[YT]q730O-biT9g[/YT]

Unfortunately, Not every fight has been uploaded yet plus I haven't found a torrent file for it yet (Not that I would ever commit such an atrocity, piracy is stealing!!).

[YT]aNnvwS960-A[/YT]

[YT]AQKvbOUFDmA[/YT]

[YT]0_AQ56G_FVo[/YT]

[YT]NrJiyqc0Vys[/YT]
[YT]F7n0yGgtFpU[/YT]
[YT]48ZSqlmvOX4[/YT]
[YT]M-rxOj0tQfA[/YT]
[YT]BRAGGE6eLrI[/YT]
[YT]bP_l8s70YJU[/YT]

^^^^
Finally!

Well, too bad it isn't full screen but whatever, It's better than nothing.

Man, I'm loving this event. This one seemed too similar to MMA. If they're going to do something different, do it really different. I miss the sumo bullrush pace of the first one. It was nice to Jimmy Ambriz fighting again.

Why did everyone keep falling down in the fog moat? Is it full of toy cars?

Thank you Based Gods JustinvR andBeardotheWeirdo

They should be going onto fight finder. Mixed rules are mixed rules. It doesn't have to be unified rules. It's like saying MMA can only exist in a cage. We've seen it in a cage, a ring, the Yamma and now an open mat with a moat for various environments.

I tend to agree, but that probably means putting Combat Sambo records on there as well. Basically full-contact MMA minus the chokes and plus headgear and a karate gi (kurtka?), as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Thank you Based Gods JustinvR andBeardotheWeirdo

based-god-kinda-creep-doe-o.gif

Im guessing either you cant do them at all, or if you do them and the other guy taps you get disqualified. Although people would probably just fake tap as soon as you used anything that looks like a submission.

Definitely an intriguing system, maybe they will add pins too.

If they add pins that'd be interesting, especially if it only leads to the chance for a wider gap on the scorecards if there will be any.

No subs though? If that's the case, even for a card or two, how odd. I thought it'd he like that Supremacy MMA game where it seems submissions are purely for offensive reasons and not a (finishing) route to victory. You know, serving the same purpose Jones's standing arm lock did on Glover.

DQ would be unfair, as would the ref breaking up the sub too quickly. This seems to be geared towards Machida type fighters, yet what about people who can't outstrike nor out muscle their opponents? Why not have a sub route be there for a choice/chance?

Regardless, the promotion sounds interesting to say the least. I wish them success.

I found some fights from Ganryujima 2:

[YT]hJZyaMxKe5M[/YT]

[YT]UbNy9qwYThI[/YT]

[YT]q730O-biT9g[/YT]

Unfortunately, Not every fight has been uploaded yet plus I haven't found a torrent file for it yet (Not that I would ever commit such an atrocity, piracy is stealing!!).

Awesome, thanks!

Man I love the idea of this event!

Man, I'm loving this event. This one seemed too similar to MMA. If they're going to do something different, do it really different. I miss the sumo bullrush pace of the first one. It was nice to Jimmy Ambriz fighting again.

Why did everyone keep falling down in the fog moat? Is it full of toy cars?

Seems like the rules changed from the first event.

Seems like the rules changed from the first event.

Yeah a fighter now actually has the be thrown out of the ring for it to count, wheres in G1 pushing out or stepping out of the ring also counted (think of when that Kung fu dude fell out of the ring because he threw a flying kick and Watanabe dodged it)

Also Tamura defeated someone via Heelhook, while it originally was no submission holds, but that fight was billed as a special rules fight so maybe those Ganryujima special rules do allow for submission holds.

I tend to agree, but that probably means putting Combat Sambo records on there as well. Basically full-contact MMA minus the chokes and plus headgear and a karate gi (kurtka?), as far as I can tell.

Combat Sambo is its own sport. Therein lies the difference.

So, no subs on the ground? I thought minowaman was going for subs in his fight. Do the fighters only get 30 seconds on the ground? If subs aren't allowed on the ground then those fights shouldn't count on fight finder.

I think the uniform is interesting but kinda clumsy. Some fighters wore their own gis and belts and some were given standard ganryuhima tops and a black belt (perk of fighting for ganryujima: you get to be a black belt for a day!) the Mongolian sumo guy took the top and belt off as soon as he won like 'Fuck this shit'

If they add pins that'd be interesting, especially if it only leads to the chance for a wider gap on the scorecards if there will be any.

No subs though? If that's the case, even for a card or two, how odd. I thought it'd he like that Supremacy MMA game where it seems submissions are purely for offensive reasons and not a (finishing) route to victory. You know, serving the same purpose Jones's standing arm lock did on Glover.

DQ would be unfair, as would the ref breaking up the sub too quickly. This seems to be geared towards Machida type fighters, yet what about people who can't outstrike nor out muscle their opponents? Why not have a sub route be there for a choice/chance?

Regardless, the promotion sounds interesting to say the least. I wish them success.

The way I see it is they have created a cultural fusion of MMA and Sumo, which would explain the no subs. I like it and hope it can make Sumo wrestlers into international stars.

There are subs. Ground fighting is sped up. Seems to be more like judo in terms of the ground fighting; either advance the technique with a sub/hold down or the contestants are stood up (minus the hold down of course).

Back