New Japanese fighting event "Ganryujima"

I'd like to follow this sport more. Is there a decent English language site that follows it?

I'd like to follow this sport more. Is there a decent English language site that follows it?

http://mma-in-asia.com/ <- results and such get posted here, but your best shot at following the sport would be to subscribe to this thread because people post links and videos here.

Also the people on the Global MMA forum love this event so there is info there to.

sounds like they might sue fuji tv for not showing the event

BTW what is general fluency level in English for the average Japanese/University educated Japanese? Curious!

So, no subs on the ground? I thought minowaman was going for subs in his fight. Do the fighters only get 30 seconds on the ground? If subs aren't allowed on the ground then those fights shouldn't count on fight finder.

Minowa and Tamura's fights have been under special rules.

It is MMA, just a rule set variant that includes unusual things such as ring outs.

MMA fans have this weird idea that only a very specific rule set or 2 equates to MMA when in reality as long as it allows for grappling/ground work and striking arts it is MMA

Interesting. Not trolling, but the first thing that came to mind when I read about the circular stage, was Chuck Norris' kickboxing organization:

20140321-225343.jpg
It was a failure when used in MMA for BJJ they couldn't move well in YAMMA.

Attachments

• YAMMA.jpg
    YAMMA.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 1
Back