New Everlast ELITE

wish we had stores that carried higher end gear, even if it is everlast.

by the way, 50% off sale today.

Dang! And my 16oz Everlast Elites arrived today...

Paid around $103 with a 25% discount code.

Should have waited lol.

Oh well. I'm actually impressed by them so far. Logged in 15 rounds of bagwork today.

Extremely comfortable feeling and fit. Probably the most comfortable 16oz gloves I've ever put on.

The padding feels very identicle to the 2000s Pro Leather training model (which were always my favorite Everlast trainers), a little bulkier. More protective than 16oz Powerlocks.

Would any lovely sherdog members be willing to purchase a couple of pairs and ship them to Europe?

Itching to get ahold of these.

Should have waited lol.

Oh well. I'm actually impressed by them so far. Logged in 15 rounds of bagwork today.

Extremely comfortable feeling and fit. Probably the most comfortable 16oz gloves I've ever put on.

The padding feels very identicle to the 2000s Pro Leather training model (which were always my favorite Everlast trainers), a little bulkier. More protective than 16oz Powerlocks.

Deh, if you want, try to call their customer support. They should be able to help you out. I've called about two different orders in the past and they've been very helpful. Ask them if there's anything that they could to to apply any additional discounts retroactively. Or no if you don't care. My wait time for their answer was nonexistent.

Should have waited lol.

how is the material? its described as "microfiber," which i assume means synthetic

also, how is the strap? someone pointed out that it looks like it has elastic in it.

edit: screw it, i went ahead and got a pair. will let folks know how they turn out.

Last edited:
Deh, if you want, try to call their customer support. They should be able to help you out. I've called about two different orders in the past and they've been very helpful. Ask them if there's anything that they could to to apply any additional discounts retroactively. Or no if you don't care. My wait time for their answer was nonexistent.

I just had an online chat session with them. Wasn't able to apply the 50% on my past order lol.

Oh well.

how is the material? its described as "microfiber," which i assume means synthetic

also, how is the strap? someone pointed out that it looks like it has elastic in it.

edit: screw it, i went ahead and got a pair. will let folks know how they turn out.

Yeah it's some kind of synthetic leather. Don't know much about it.

And I got the laceups, so no comment on the velcro strap.

What color/size/closure did you go with?

by the way, 50% off sale today.[/QUOTE]
50% off where??? what website.

Yeah it's some kind of synthetic leather. Don't know much about it.

And I got the laceups, so no comment on the velcro strap.

What color/size/closure did you go with?

i got medium velcro

I missed out.....i would have spent $200 with them....Also I did not realize that the elites were not leather......i will avoid these and use the next 50% off day for the shield and maybe another pair of lace up protex3s

Last edited:
I missed out.....i would have spent $200 with them

sign up for their newsletter. these 50% sales have 6 hour windows usually. you really need to get the email in order to respond in time. they have these sales a few times a year.

I used the promo fifty had them in the cart at $65 finished checking out got charged $130....... Cancel

these gloves seem legit so far. early observations:

-synthetic leather is beefy and hard, seems like it would be very durable, but maybe hard on a sparring partner. maybe it breaks in. these are "training" gloves, so in theory they should be able to be used for sparring as well as bag/pads.
-synthetic leather doesnt have strong chemical smell.
-shape of the glove is anatomically sound, like the powerlock model. this means you dont need to crank your wrist or hand to adjust inside the glove, the glove basically holds the right position for you.
-wrist protector design is very supportive but also very stiff. if you sometimes like to open your rear hand and "catch" you will find that difficult in this glove. maybe that breaks in as well, but its very stiff on the backhand side, both in terms of opening the fingers backwards and opening the wrist backwards.
-interior of glove uses a soft liner and also seems to have a very thin layer of memory foam. combined with the shape of the glove, this is about as good of a fit as you can expect from a mass-produced glove.
-there are no ventilation holes, but like many "converted" lace-ups, there is a slit that runs along the palmside that lets in some air.
-good thumb length. so many otherwise good gloves on the market are killed by inexplicably short thumbs.
-stitching is about as good as you would expect on a mass-produced glove. some defects but nothing noteworthy.
-the velcro closure is a bit underwhelming as shown in the pics. its a small piece of velcro with elastic and no wrap around or d ring for stability. that design tells me that, over the months, it might start to get loose. for people who dont mind laces, probably better to go with laces.
-these gloves are sold by size rather than by weight, which i find confusing because you dont know if the sizes actually affect the glove size, as opposed to only changing the weight. i got medium/14 oz. i am 6' 185 lbs and they fit well, not overly snug at all. my hands are small/medium for my size.
-gloves have a slim profile, not bulky. again, not sure if that is because i bought the "mediums" or if all sizes are the same overall volume, just different mass.

at 50% off, 65$ + shipping seems like a good price so far but ill update this if that conclusion changes over time. $130 MSRP is too much when you can begin to buy custom gloves in that price range.

Last edited:
-synthetic leather is beefy and hard, seems like it would be very durable, but maybe hard on a sparring partner. maybe it breaks in. these are "training" gloves, so in theory they should be able to be used for sparring as well as bag/pads.

"maybe hard on a sparring partner"
That's enough to make me steer clear of them as a training glove.
Your sparring / training partners are probably the most important thing in your gym, so if your gloves don't provide them with the appropriate amount of protection, it's time to buy gloves that will. I don't mind so much when beginners use poor gloves because they haven't yet developed the power to do serious damage

But it's a tough enough sport without making it unnecessarily hazardous with gloves that are potentially only fit for bagwork.

There's so many better options at every price range that I can't understand how Everlast still manage to sell so many gloves. Unless it's down to their perceived heritage which doesn't really count for much.

"maybe hard on a sparring partner"
That's enough to make me steer clear of them as a training glove.
Your sparring / training partners are probably the most important thing in your gym, so if your gloves don't provide them with the appropriate amount of protection, it's time to buy gloves that will. I don't mind so much when beginners use poor gloves because they haven't yet developed the power to do serious damage

But it's a tough enough sport without making it unnecessarily hazardous with gloves that are potentially only fit for bagwork.

There's so many better options at every price range that I can't understand how Everlast still manage to sell so many gloves. Unless it's down to their perceived heritage which doesn't really count for much.

if you look at the pic on the website, you will see a stitch going down both sides of the punching surface of the glove. to me, this is a flawed design for sparring. hitting someone with a stitch seems like it would possibly scratch them. so i see these as bag/pad gloves.

Last edited:
if you look at the pic on the website, you will see a stitch going down both sides of the punching surface of the glove. to me, this is a flawed design for sparring. hitting someone with a stitch seems like it would possibly scratch them. so i see these as bag/pad gloves.

Agreed. Besides the dense padding and hard microfiber outer, the stitches near the striking surface is not suitable for sparring.

Even Rival boxing acknowledges this. Their recent bag glove (RB11) has some thick embroidery designs on the striking surface; but the sparring version of those gloves is just painted in the same design.

http://rivalboxing.us/collections/gloves-bag-gloves/products/rival-rb11-evolution-bag-gloves

http://rivalboxing.us/collections/g.../rival-rs11v-evolution-sparring-gloves-velcro

Having said that, I find the Everlast Elites to be amazing bag gloves. Some of the loudest "pop" producing sounds.

I totally agree with you. Those lines of stitching are unnecessary and potentially problematic for sparring.

The description on the everlast website describes them as being suitable for sparring so I'd imagine that lots of buyers will use them for that too.

My big problem with everlast gloves generally is with them as a sparring glove. If you're not planning on using them for that, then it looks like they could be a very decent buy at that price.

Agreed. Besides the dense padding and hard microfiber outer, the stitches near the striking surface is not suitable for sparring.

Even Rival boxing acknowledges this. Their recent bag glove (RB11) has some thick embroidery designs on the striking surface; but the sparring version of those gloves is just painted in the same design.

http://rivalboxing.us/collections/gloves-bag-gloves/products/rival-rb11-evolution-bag-gloves

http://rivalboxing.us/collections/g.../rival-rs11v-evolution-sparring-gloves-velcro

Having said that, I find the Everlast Elites to be amazing bag gloves. Some of the loudest "pop" producing sounds.

Well the RB11 is far different to the Elite, RB11 is literally all about the embroidery all over.

Anyways, how do the Elite breath? Do they get really hot? Also do they dry quick enough?

Well the RB11 is far different to the Elite, RB11 is literally all about the embroidery all over.

Anyways, how do the Elite breath? Do they get really hot? Also do they dry quick enough?

The RB11 are only meant for bag and pads. The sparring version is the RS11V and the logo is printed instead of embroiled...if I am not mistaken.

Back