New Everlast ELITE

The RB11 are only meant for bag and pads. The sparring version is the RS11V and the logo is printed instead of embroiled...if I am not mistaken.

Yeah, but the RB11 and the RS11V are pretty massively different though(I have had both on hands before), only has the similar shape and wrist support closure. The whole feel of the gloves are nothing alike imo. RB11 is definitely only for bag and pads.

Yeah, but the RB11 and the RS11V are pretty massively different though(I have had both on hands before), only has the similar shape and wrist support closure. The whole feel of the gloves are nothing alike imo. RB11 is definitely only for bag and pads.

Indeed. I much prefer the feel and padding on the RS11V. It's the same as the RS1 and RS2V I believe. Even on bag and pads these gloves feels amazing.

Yeah, RB11 are the biggest disappointment I ever had on gloves. The RS11V definitely better in every single way (Maybe except the look), even for bag and pads there is no way I'd prefer the RB11 over them, RS11V all the way on every type of training.

Yeah, RB11 are the biggest disappointment I ever had on gloves. The RS11V definitely better in every single way (Maybe except the look), even for bag and pads there is no way I'd prefer the RB11 over them, RS11V all the way on every type of training.

What makes the RB11 so bad compared to the RS11V?

Also, I do notice that more pros tend to wear the sparring versions over the bag versions, for bagwork and mitts.

What makes the RB11 so bad compared to the RS11V?

Also, I do notice that more pros tend to wear the sparring versions over the bag versions, for bagwork and mitts.

First the velcro on both model won't last very long. But the main thing is comfort. Padding is quit hard on the RB11. The RS11V feel like old slippers.

To this day, the RS1 and RS2V are the most comfortable gloves I have ever put on right out of the box.

^Pretty much above.

I thought I'd really like the RB11 after reading reviews, also thought I'd be glad to put in the work to break them in. But in reality the first time using them, they injured my knuckles on both hands within an hour, they were the most uncomfortable gloves I had ever tried in terms of making a fist when new, it wasn't just the padding being hard like I expected, the whole gloves was like concrete solid, so stiff I couldn't even lock the right hand wrist strap in properly when I have my left gloves on. Whenever I tried to close my hands, it felt like my fists were being squeezed by concrete heavy wooden board to break my fists. (A little exaggeration, but it was terrible in terms of comfort.)

I mean I am a "gear slave", I collect and put a lot of money and time into gear. But at the end, it was just not worth it. It was not enjoyable to break in something that uncomfortable, it even costed and affected my training for weeks. There are too many great gloves out there, compare to everything at that price, all other gloves provide you with enjoyments in training, they are all like fantastic products to serve your purpose. RB11 just make me feel like I am literally a slave serving the gloves and torturing myself so I can break them in. Just no point.

Plus the gloves did not look as nice as on photos. RS11V are just so much better in terms of everything.

^Pretty much above.

I thought I'd really like the RB11 after reading reviews, also thought I'd be glad to put in the work to break them in. But in reality the first time using them, they injured my knuckles on both hands within an hour, they were the most uncomfortable gloves I had ever tried in terms of making a fist when new, it wasn't just the padding being hard like I expected, the whole gloves was like concrete solid, so stiff I couldn't even lock the right hand wrist strap in properly when I have my left gloves on. Whenever I tried to close my hands, it felt like my fists were being squeezed by concrete heavy wooden board to break my fists. (A little exaggeration, but it was terrible in terms of comfort.)

I mean I am a "gear slave", I collect and put a lot of money and time into gear. But at the end, it was just not worth it. It was not enjoyable to break in something that uncomfortable, it even costed and affected my training for weeks. There are too many great gloves out there, compare to everything at that price, all other gloves provide you with enjoyments in training, they are all like fantastic products to serve your purpose. RB11 just make me feel like I am literally a slave serving the gloves and torturing myself so I can break them in. Just no point.

Plus the gloves did not look as nice as on photos. RS11V are just so much better in terms of everything.

Damn, that's quite unfortunate about the RB11s. I had considered getting them too.

So now both the RB10 and RB11 are a no go huh? I hear the RB10's D30 layer breaks down fast, and then you're left with terrible padding.

I have heard nothing but good things about the original bag gloves; the RB1. I had a pair of 10oz, which were great but the thumb was too short for me. Maybe a 12oz version would be better.

Damn, that's quite unfortunate about the RB11s. I had considered getting them too.

So now both the RB10 and RB11 are a no go huh? I hear the RB10's D30 layer breaks down fast, and then you're left with terrible padding.

I have heard nothing but good things about the original bag gloves; the RB1. I had a pair of 10oz, which were great but the thumb was too short for me. Maybe a 12oz version would be better.

Yeah, RB10 and RB11 are both not good, don't get them imo. You can consider RS11V though if you really want to get Rival gloves, they are decent gloves, I have no RB1 or RS1 so can't comment on those.

RB10 was so comfy but at 160$ the padding should last years.

I had the same problem with RB1. Superb glove but damn short thumb. If it was not for the thumb, that glove would be the only glove I would use for bag and pads.

Looks like there's finally footage of active pro boxers wearing the Elite trainers:

Looks pretty compact? It's crazy they don't release these in Europe or the UK, they don't think we box?

Yeah I am sure it was Protex 3, I tried both the 2 and 3 there, along with all other junks they have.

They are available in local store in the UK, went to "Sport Direct" which they have stores everywhere. Here can see on their website they are available too.

No gel
http://www.sportsdirect.com/everlast-leather-pro-3-boxing-gloves-762143?colcode=76214303
With gel
http://www.sportsdirect.com/everlast-pro3-gel-glove-762149?colcode=76214903

I probably had tried both gel and no gel tbh. But I only had one non-negative impression when I left the store after trying all of them and I'm sure it was the protex 3.
A colleague from the gym ordered and receive today the same pair, so I had time to inspect it. To my wonder, I doesn't look like the pair in the photo, or the Protex 3 I saw in reviews, or other YouTube videos (for ex. , or , ).
The ones from Sportdirect website and Youtube are bigger, more bulbous then the ones received by my colleague. Even the grain of the leather is different. The one sent to my friend look more like Protex 3, no gel, although they are gray, and the evergel logo is present.
I saw that my colleague is disappointed with the fit and feel, and I am too because I recommend them, but they are not like advertised.
My colleagues won`t return them because of the shipping cost.
I sent the same observations to Sport direct. I am waiting for their reply

Here are mine. Also ordered from Sport Direct. You can see them compared to the TU Death Adders. Both are 16oz

20170420_104128_zpsqjwmsbds.jpg

20170420_104104_zpsdbpwnvxf.jpg

The price was pretty good on sale but the fuckers declared the full price for customs and I was stucked with paying 30$ more.. Tabarnac lol

Here are mine. Also ordered from Sport Direct. You can see them compared to the TU Death Adders. Both are 16oz

20170420_104128_zpsqjwmsbds.jpg

20170420_104104_zpsdbpwnvxf.jpg

The price was pretty good on sale but the fuckers declared the full price for customs and I was stucked with paying 30$ more.. Tabarnac lol
I can't tell from the pictures if they are identical with my colleague's gloves (maybe a picture from the side, but not with the thumb, will be more relevant?). Also, Mikey Garcia is with protex 2, not 3, so my bad

I can't tell from the pictures if they are identical with my colleague's gloves (maybe a picture from the side, but not with the thumb, will be more relevant?). Also, Mikey Garcia is with protex 2, not 3, so my bad

20170518_145648_zps3ijyscbk.jpg

From this picture, they look like my colleague pair. I should take a picture of the them in the gym next week.

The padding on mine is about 11/2 inches.

I like them tho. Bit indeed thought they would be way puffier.

Back