New Everlast ELITE

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by makedansure, Sep 14, 2016.

1. makedansure Blue Belt

makedansure
    http://www.everlast.com/everlast-elite

New training gloves, those MX made fight gloves, headgear, bodyshield, and mitts. I think I'm going to try the new MX gloves sometime in the near future.

2. joeymarvelous ALL THE BELTS!!!

joeymarvelous
    Hell no. If a company releases budget gear that's downright hazardous, their pricey gear shouldn't see the light of day. NEVERlast.

freaky likes this.
  3. deh707 Orange Belt

deh707
    I first noticed the Everlast Elites being worn by Khan against Canelo. Khan lost, viciously.

Then Roman Chocolatito Gonzalez wore them against Cuadras last weekend and won.

Everlast releases them right away.

I'm curious on how they are. I've been enjoying my 16oz Powerlocks.

My all time favorite Everlast gloves are there 2000's "Professional Leather Training gloves".

4. RighteousWar @JesusFreak

RighteousWar
    Why aren't they sold in ounces? M, L, XL?

5. makedansure Blue Belt

makedansure
    M - 14
    L - 16
    XL - 18

6. iFossil Orange Belt

iFossil
    Damn they look super sweet imo, but their velcro verson is still using a piece of elastic band on gloves that cost 130? Whhhhhhyyyyyyy!

7. deh707 Orange Belt

deh707
    Everlast has a current 30% discount coupon with the code FIGHT .

The total for a pair of Everlast Elites shipped to U.S. would be around $97.

8. reveler Blue Belt

reveler
    these look decent but when you can get a pair of topboxers for maybe $150, its hard to pay $100 for mass produced gloves. my powerlocks were my favorite gloves until i got my topboxers, after which i probably wont buy mass produced gloves ever again.

9. CDBM White Belt

CDBM
    It's annoying that they don't release these gloves along with the MX to European outlets :mad:

10. magicrat Yellow Belt

magicrat
    All i can say is the Protex 3 evergel are legit quality gloves especially the lace ups.....only thing i dont like about the velcro is the elastic but they are also quality......If i buy anything everlast its 50% off on black friday every year. for 65 the elites look promising....if getting velcro i would probly just get c-17s or rivals. i will say everlast gloves have great padding....stay far away from anything at academy or walmart.....just for drunk guys who want to fight in backyard once every 6 months.

11. deh707 Orange Belt

deh707

Interesting about the Protex 3 evergel.

I notice Mikey Garcia uses those alot in training, for as long as I can remember.

12. magicrat Yellow Belt

magicrat
    I think everyone in the Garcia camp is sponsored by everlast.....I dont know if Mikey G has any hand issues but the protex 3 evergel are the most protective glove out there even more than winning(yes i said it). Not saying it is better but the padding is that good not much feedback tho. but yes there protex 3 gloves and above are quality and pros like deontay and canelo use them.
    There new elites might be good training gloves...... All everlast gloves i will say are the easiest and most natural to make a fist. possibly becuz they have been making gloves for a long time and have a good patter/mold in this regard. Everything below Protex 3 I dont endorse.....not to say the powerlocks or elites are not good i just have not tried them.....Will probly make a black friday 50% of purchase this year.

13. deh707 Orange Belt

deh707
    More protective than Winning? Interesting.

What experience do you have with both Winning and Protex3 Evergel?

Any comparisons you can point out?

Durability?

14. magicrat Yellow Belt

magicrat
    Winning is a better glove and feel better....protex 3 ever gels are like an air mitt on ur knuckles....just soft and spongy....but I know a lot of people don't like that.....if u have fragile hands and box competitively I dont see how u could hurt ur hand in the everlast.....The durability is good on the everlast but i think the winning will beat it out. I wouldnt pay full price tho.....at 50% off they are the best $99 glove in the world. But u have to buy on black friday

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  15. iFossil Orange Belt

iFossil
    I think I have tried the Protex 3 gel or no gel the other day at a local sports store. I was actually not impressed, but certainly without a doubt they were the best gloves there among other usual local sport store crappy gloves. They were at an acceptable level for the least, remembered the wrist support was decent, even the elastic pieces they used on the wrist ware sturdy and tight enough at the brand new state, but I still didn't like them enough. The padding was pretty thick however I didn't get the chance to punch anything to tell how they perform.

I'd say a decent entry gloves level. not bad not amazing as my first impression. Perhaps the lace up that I didn't try would be better.

16. deh707 Orange Belt

deh707
    You sure it wasn't the Protex 2? I'm not sure if either of the Protex 3 models can be found in local sports stores. At least in my area in the U.S.

17. iFossil Orange Belt

iFossil
    Yeah I am sure it was Protex 3, I tried both the 2 and 3 there, along with all other junks they have.

They are available in local store in the UK, went to "Sport Direct" which they have stores everywhere. Here can see on their website they are available too.

No gel
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/everlast-leather-pro-3-boxing-gloves-762143?colcode=76214303
    With gel
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/everlast-pro3-gel-glove-762149?colcode=76214903

I probably had tried both gel and no gel tbh. But I only had one non-negative impression when I left the store after trying all of them and I'm sure it was the protex 3.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  18. makedansure Blue Belt

makedansure
    wish we had stores that carried higher end gear, even if it is everlast.

by the way, 50% off sale today.

19. florinul White Belt

florinul
    Not bad at around 46 Euros plus 6 euros shipping!

20. CDBM White Belt

CDBM
    Do any of you guys know how us poor Europeans can get our hands on these?