Never Smoked Pot Before What's Like?

I’ve smoked maybe 20 times, mostly in college. I never got the munchies and mostly it just made me want to go to sleep regardless of where I was - party, parking lot, it didn’t matter

There were only 2 times I can think of where I caught a good high. The first time I tried it I had the giggles non stop and it was the only time I felt anything other than sluggish

The second time I think it was probably laced with something based on who I was with and the feeling I had. There were 5 or 6 of us standing in a circle passing it around, after a couple of hits I started feeling like I wasn’t in my body and still remember saying “I feel like a sock with weights on it”. We all laughed about that for probably 15 minutes, it makes no sense now but at the time it made all of the sense in the world lol

I’m almost 40 now and have a few friends that still smoke, no matter how successful someone is I still think they’re a loser on some level if they’re still doing it

Maybe if you're a teenager, which probably means you already suck at driving anyways. I could smoke a blunt of the hardest cush and pass any cognitive tests with flying colors, I smoke and work construction and can walk top plates(3 and a half inches wide) up three stories without any problems, cut perfectly straight lines, get things perfect etc. Certainly never had any auto accidents.
It's no different than driving drunk. You're still altered.

The only reason I haven't Is because of the smell of it.

I'm curious what it does to you.

generally speaking, it's a feeling of extreme calmness and euphoria. it's makes most people feel introspective, and you begin thinking about yourself, your life, and where you fit in the world. at least that's how i end up feeling whenever i get high.

the thing i would say though, is to not do it if you're not in a good state of mind. if things are not going well in your life, you will become depressed and will focus on those bad thoughts. i think with any type of drug, you shouldn't partake until you have your life sorted out. this is what i think leads to lots of abuse of drugs. using the drug as a means of coping. not a good thing to do.

Every single one of my buddies who have tried weed had different reactions, most of them not good. Panic attacks, suicidal ideation, passing out, paranoia, agoraphobia, etc.

I hate it. I've only smoked a handful of times and the last time was the absolute last time I'll ever do it. I drink every night to take the edge off. Not to the point of drunkenness and I never feel out of control. Last time I smoked I was so unfit to do anything but lay on the couch and had terrible anxiety. I fucking hate it.

A lot of the people describing getting high are talking about how they feel getting high now or after several uses. Most people getting high for the first time act either goofy while laughing at everything or they want to be away from people. Rarely does someone who gets high for the first time just go about their day and everything is just a little better or a little different.

If you smoke weed you'll live in a shitty apartment with two other pieces of shit you don't even like. Your car will get keyed out in the parking lot and when your starter goes out, you'll have to call your mom to spot you the $20 you spent on weed the other day. Your credit will be shit and your bills will be unpaid. Your education will be lacking but you'll know a fuck ton about the history and effects of weed. You'll spend most of your time complaining about how the world is out to get you and everything is unfairly stacked in your favor. But man the feeling of getting high and watching your favorite tv show is so good that it makes it all worth it.

hahaha. a perfect description of so many people i used to know.

I've only done it a few times. A few times it made me laugh and have a great time. A few times it made me paranoid as hell!!! Too much edibles also really sucks so stay away from them or start really really slowly. At least with smoking you can come down a bit after 2 hours or so. With edibles it can take a long time (6-8 hours) for that stuff to leave your system.

Different for everyone.

I don't like to inhale, so I eat them. And for me, it alters my perception of time so everything appears to be going slow-mo, and my mind is travelling millions of miles a second. And for some, this could be scary and that is why some people get anxiety when they get high. I don't do it often, but when I do, I get the best night of sleep after using it.

It's no different than driving drunk. You're still altered.
Actually it is quite different. You are "altered" when you drink coffee or red bull as well. The only people who think it's no different probably have minimal experience with it.

Actually it is quite different. You are "altered" when you drink coffee or red bull as well. The only people who think it's no different probably have minimal experience with it.
You're a jackass if you smoke weed and drive.

No thanks, FBI.

Don’t ruin your life bro. It’s just not worth it.

Weed... not even once.

this-is-jacob-he-was-a-straight-a-student-in-31218862.png

I remember the first few times I smoked, it was awful. Skunkiest shit ever. Dry mouth with no buzz. And then 1 time, I was smoking with one of my cousins, and he failed to tell me that the blunt included acid, and that was awful. But the last 2 times were good. One was a gummy edible which was pretty good. The other, I took 2 hits off a vaporizer and was straight retarded for about 5 hours, holy shit.
You cannot smoke acid man.

I've never partook of the "Herbal Remedy". I don't want to even try it here in Georgia. However I am travelling to the West Coast next month and I'd like to bring back an edible...
Be careful with those edibles man, don't take it all at one time.

makes you feel like you have an exam the next day; in a class you didnt even know you were taking....when you've been out of university for 10 years.

To quote the late Nathaniel Dog, “Smoke weed everyday”

All jokes aside, I’m 37 and recently jumped back into it after about 17 years off. I have found where it fits into my life and I can say that I drink less and feel a good bit better. I would classify myself as a moderate user, 3-4 times a week vaporizing sativas and hybrids. I am comfortable enough to move to indicas i think but haven’t yet.

I recommend that adults give it a try but if you don’t like it than hey, no harm no foul.

Back