Never buying another Ward PPV ever again

You said proven not disproved. Actually, theories are falsified.
that is because we were having a conversation on boxing and not philosophy of science and often people, including scientists, will say that a theory or hypothesis is proven when it is supported by the evidence, especially strong evidence.

wish you would all just fuck off to some other forum to argue shit like this

Now that you admited to not speaking in sufficient factual and speaking theoretical terms , Not real life

Moving forward ,

Boxing and the pure sports takes an increased knowledge requirement.

This is not saying mma doesn't take knowledge, just takes less than a pure sport

Boxing and the pure sports are the power sports

Mma is the lesser , which is why the appeal.

Hey it's entertaining and easy to watch vs a pure sport with a higher knowledge requirement has "fans" confused and frustrated " what just happened ' effect

The influenced fan with the argument that mma takes more knowledge was a promotional gimmick used to insult favs whom didn't like mma

" oh you don't like mma because you dint understand the subtleties, ya good "

When it's just the opposite mma is easy to understand and requires less knowledge
Wait, speaking about abstract things doesn't mean I am not speaking about real life. Mathematics, properties, possibilities, probabilities, etc, are all abstracta and yet they are about reality. So when I say that MMA as a set which has boxing as a subset requires more education and has more subtlety I am indeed talking about reality. Rather than compare some particular representative of boxing vs one of MMA, we compare the whole set as an abstract entity.

Evidence of this is the fact that any boxer can become an MMA fighter. Thus we would have in MMA a particular that represents the set boxing but who is also a member of the set MMA. Thia is why we abstract.

Hope this helps you see it more clear.

that is because we were having a conversation on boxing and not philosophy of science and often people, including scientists, will say that a theory or hypothesis is proven when it is supported by the evidence, especially strong evidence.
Most scientists are ignorant about philosophy of science. They are wrong, theories are not proven.

Wait, speaking about abstract things doesn't mean I am not speaking about real life. Mathematics, properties, possibilities, probabilities, etc, are all abstracta and yet they are about reality. So when I say that MMA as a set which has boxing as a subset requires more education and has more subtlety I am indeed talking about reality. Rather than compare some particular representative of boxing vs one of MMA, we compare the whole set as an abstract entity.

Evidence of this is the fact that any boxer can become an MMA fighter. Thus we would have in MMA a particular that represents the set boxing but who is also a member of the set MMA. Thia is why we abstract.

Hope this helps you see it more clear.

Thank you I get your opinion , I am just not in agreement
Context

Boxing Knowledge vs mma knowledge is not abstract it's real life

Math is a puzzle when used as abstract to find a non factual devoid of real life comparison

A /4:44 (. ^cgy) <---clearly real life

To add the sun hitting my skin on a sunny day with the sand on my back is real life

The abstract comparison is a man on mars time it will take to tan .. not real life

Hope it helps you see it more clear from my point of view

Last edited:
Ward won't be back on ppv anytime soon.
f7FdEdG.jpg

Most scientists are ignorant about philosophy of science. They are wrong, theories are not proven.
it doesn't matter if everyone knows what everyone is talking about.

Thank you I get your opinion , I am just not in agreement
Context

Boxing Knowledge vs mma knowledge is not abstract it's real life

Math is a puzzle when used as abstract to find a non factual devoid of real life comparison

A /4:44 (. ^cgy) <---clearly real life

To add the sun hitting my skin on a sunny day with the sand on my back is real life

The abstract comparison is a man on mars time it will take to tan .. not real life

Hope it helps you see it more clear from my point of view
You have to understand that when we say boxing or MMA we are not talking about concrete particulars. Is boxing a material thing that can be measured, quantified,has a location in space and time, etc? It is a concept, a cluster of principles, techniques, rules, etc. You confuse this with concrete particulars that exemplify boxing more or less. Since there is no perfect boxer who best exemplifies boxing we compare the concept of boxing, or more aptly thw set of boxing with the set of MMA. I claim that boxing is a subset of MMA and so it cannot require more education and cannot have more subtlety than its power set.

You have to understand that when we say boxing or MMA we are not talking about concrete particulars. Is boxing a material thing that can be measured, quantified,has a location in space and time, etc? It is a concept, a cluster of principles, techniques, rules, etc. You confuse this with concrete particulars that exemplify boxing more or less. Since there is no perfect boxer who best exemplifies boxing we compare the concept of boxing, or more aptly thw set of boxing with the set of MMA. I claim that boxing is a subset of MMA and so it cannot require more education and cannot have more subtlety than its power set.
Boxing and the other pure sports are not subsets

Where we differ is this
Boxing is the pure power sport (not abstract )

Pure : containing nothing that does not properly belong

MMA in its current form (real life not abstract)

Is the diluted sport : dilute the power of the mayoralty

A diluted product requires less knowledge than a pure power sport like Boxing , wrestling etc

I will let you have the last word .

We disagree and that's final . You want convince me with abstract ideas when real life is already here

Boxing is easier to watch, right and easier to believe that you understand it. It doesn't require changing from one plane of fighting to another as in MMA. So it is simpler to follow. But as with all games, people don't always want easy games or simple and unchallenging ones. It gets borring. So MMA is the new game that will take over.

Now, just like in boxing where fans think they know or understand (explicit knowledge rather than tacit knowledge) boxing by watching it so too MMA fans with think they know and understand MMA. All they need is more exposure.
I
Boxing is easier to watch, right and easier to believe that you understand it. It doesn't require changing from one plane of fighting to another as in MMA. So it is simpler to follow. But as with all games, people don't always want easy games or simple and unchallenging ones. It gets borring. So MMA is the new game that will take over.

Now, just like in boxing where fans think they know or understand (explicit knowledge rather than tacit knowledge) boxing by watching it so too MMA fans with think they know and understand MMA. All they need is more exposure.
I think you're overestimating the desire of fight fans for complexity in their choice of entertainment. Most would be happy with crude, sloppy brawls similar to the Bonnar vs Griffin fight of TUF fame, than anything featuring the ground wizardry of Demian Maia. No amount of exposure to different planes of combat will change that.

And it's unlikely MMA will take over anything. It's had it's period in vogue and now it's returning to the fringes along with boxing. They are star and big event driven sports. Everybody will watch an Anthony Joshua or Conor McGregor fight; other than that, this stuff only appeals to hardcore fans. I think that might be part of its appeal to me.

I

I think you're overestimating the desire of fight fans for complexity in their choice of entertainment. Most would be happy with crude, sloppy brawls similar to the Bonnar vs Griffin fight of TUF fame, than anything featuring the ground wizardry of Demian Maia. No amount of exposure to different planes of combat will change that.

And it's unlikely MMA will take over anything. It's had it's period in vogue and now it's returning to the fringes along with boxing. They are star and big event driven sports. Everybody will watch an Anthony Joshua or Conor McGregor fight; other than that, this stuff only appeals to hardcore fans. I think that might be part of its appeal to me.
I agree. I think you are right.

How does Ward get away with all those dirty tactics? Stiff arming, leading with the head, clinching all the time and dirty boxing and more. I got frustrated as fuk just from watching it. I can imagine how frustrating it is to fight him. Kovalev should have played a dirty game like Ward did. He should have followed through with the elbow when throwing his hooks from the clinch; should have lead in with his head, and dirty boxed, low blows, back of the head, etc.

Will never buy a Ward fight ever. The guy is not a boxer, he can fight but he cannot box. Had it been a proper boxing match Kovalev would have won by KO.

Ward fought dirty and has before, but he won and to say he's not a boxer "only" a brawler or fighter is a tough sell, man. Andre Ward is one hell of a slick boxer and has shown that on many nights. Frankly, he's a great boxer.

And as a Kovalev fan, my jimmies are still rustled. But...Ward is not a boxer?

It's dying, the fact that an MMA fighter who got boxed up by Nate Diaz just got a fight against Mayweather actually proved that.

The fact that an MMA fighter got a fight against a boxing pro speaks to the ignorance of MMA fans, the quiet apathy from boxing fans that will simply ignore it, and an unknown, but eventual realization that the MMA guy is gonna get quietly reminded of the disparity in hands as the entire viewing audience goes to sleep. This is not because of boxing, it is because of Mayweather being a relatively easy payday and a name built on a massive amount of people that want to see him lose, and because of that number of people that want to see him lose, people that choose to like watching him out of spite (there are some, obviously that somehow enjoy watching him - I respect his technique and skill, but it makes me turn off PPV's I paid for even when I was rooting for him). Anyways, when one has a lot to say, they digress, and to be brief: YDKSAB.

By the way, when television came out in the late 40's and through the 50's there were so many 'experts' that predicted the end of boxing. While it adversely affected the grassroots program for boxing, somehow the sport we love to hate finds a way to limp on. Through cable, the internet, and whatever comes next.

How does Ward get away with all those dirty tactics? Stiff arming, leading with the head, clinching all the time and dirty boxing and more. I got frustrated as fuk just from watching it. I can imagine how frustrating it is to fight him. Kovalev should have played a dirty game like Ward did. He should have followed through with the elbow when throwing his hooks from the clinch; should have lead in with his head, and dirty boxed, low blows, back of the head, etc.

Will never buy a Ward fight ever. The guy is not a boxer, he can fight but he cannot box. Had it been a proper boxing match Kovalev would have won by KO.
You might like this: http://www.fighthype.com/news/article29259.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Boxing is dying so much that MMA's biggest star begged for a boxing fight. Boxing is dying so much that it is stacked with amazing matchups and the purses far exceed MMA.

Oh.

Hold on a second my friend. Was it not floyd that said he would only come out of retirement for one fight and that is the conor fight?? He said that is the only fighht that interests him. And why?? Cause there is not one boxer on this planet that could get him that kind of pay day and it took a mma fighter. Of course it goes the same way with conor, he won't see that kind of money in mma. But the point still stands

Back