Never buying another Ward PPV ever again

The only people that can justify this win are Ward nutthuggers. I like Ward and think he is a good person, but that stoppage was bad. A friend of mine was over for the fights and knows absolutely nothing about boxing and even he could smell the bullshit. He said it makes him never want to watch boxing again. Fights like these are bad for the sport.

,2 big checks ..he still a no.name
Lol if you believe any of this.
Hold on a second my friend. Was it not floyd that said he would only come out of retirement for one fight and that is the conor fight?? He said that is the only fighht that interests him. And why?? Cause there is not one boxer on this planet that could get him that kind of pay day and it took a mma fighter. Of course it goes the same way with conor, he won't see that kind of money in mma. But the point still stands
Floyd is getting 100 mil isnt he? Same thing he got vs Pac?

Canner is getting a small fraction of that so lets not pretend that mma is winning here lol.

Canner is getting a small fraction of that so lets not pretend that mma is winning here lol.

Conor is getting less, but he is still getting $75 million.

white mma fans who only like white boxers flood in at times like this.

STFU. It was a big fight stop making it about race. If anything it's black fans gloating about a cheap win. More white people pull for black fighters than black people pull for white fighters anyway.

Conor is getting less, but he is still getting $75 million.
According to who? If hes getting that much Floyd is getting that many times over lol.

Its amazing how much this silly "fight" is going to draw up.

According to who?.

Jeff Mayweather,
(the person doing this interview sucks btw)

If hes getting that much Floyd is getting that many times over lol.

Its amazing how much this silly "fight" is going to draw up.

And yes this fight is silly, but it's a win win from my point of view. I think Conor carries himself like a douche and it will be fun to watch Mayweather clown him, but if Conor does happen to catch him the upset would be insane.

It's not about who's winning or losing here. Conor is getting 75 million for this fight and even if the UFC takes a portion he's still making a big pay check. Bottom line is that Floyd wanted this fight just as much and wouldnt fight anyone but Conor. So yes it did take a mma fighter to make the current biggest fight in boxing. Certainly far from the best fight in boxing, but it is the biggest. I mean can you name a bigger revenue fight than this at the moment??

It's not about who's winning or losing here. Conor is getting 75 million for this fight and even if the UFC takes a portion he's still making a big pay check. Bottom line is that Floyd wanted this fight just as much and wouldnt fight anyone but Conor. So yes it did take a mma fighter to make the current biggest fight in boxing. Certainly far from the best fight in boxing, but it is the biggest. I mean can you name a bigger revenue fight than this at the moment??
At the moment (your words not mine )
Pac v May , May v Canelo , Joshua v Klit those are the facts

We won't know yet will we

And of course a retired fighter will take the easiest fight possible.

You also see The heavyweight UFC champ begging for a fight with Joshua , not the other way around

It's clear on the world level it's better for the fighter to get paid in boxing if you could choose where you would be elite

Boxing is dying so much that MMA's biggest star begged for a boxing fight. Boxing is dying so much that it is stacked with amazing matchups and the purses far exceed MMA.

Oh.

My entire lifetime boxing has been dying , despite being filled with great fighters it's always dying. Going on 40 years now

Boxing is easier to watch and understand.To appreciate MMA it take familiarity with all the dimensions of the real fight, not just the punches. Give it some time, people will become more familiar with grappling and kick boxing and then boxing will slowly die.
Grappling will never be popular. When it comes down to it, people want to see KO's. The average person doesn't have the patience to appreciate grappling.

At the moment (your words not mine )
Pac v May , May v Canelo , Joshua v Klit those are the facts

We won't know yet will we

And of course a retired fighter will take the easiest fight possible.

You also see The heavyweight UFC champ begging for a fight with Joshua , not the other way around

It's clear on the world level it's better for the fighter to get paid in boxing if you could choose where you would be elite

I dont think Stipe was really serious about that, just stirring up in the media. But I do think that Manuwa was about fighting Haye. But that all goes back to the point I made that Conor would never make that kind of money in mma and would have to go into boxing....no disputing that. The only way a fighter can make those kind of dollars is if he is his own promoter in mma.

I will hold my words until the fight happens and numbers come out. Who knows...it may not do as well as people anticipate. I was at the Ward/Kovaleve fight at a local bar where they show all boxing ppvs....I would say the most popular bar to show boxing downtown. And there were no boxing fans interested in the May/Mac fight, thought it was a joke.

This is pathetic, this is seriously the worst crybabying Ive ever seen over a a kickass stoppage on this forum. I watched the replays, too. What I notice from the side angle of the last three so called lowblows is a killer body shot that dips low, but cuts up super sharp slashing into Kov's abdomen region that pretty much doubled him over and the other 2 shots were totally not needed but looked to be belt line shots as well that Kov put himself into position to recieve.

Kovalev was turning away earlier in fight, got hurt and took follow up damage upstairs after right before the stoppage how much more decisive do you need? Oh, boo hoo, the fans were robbed of a Hollywood-esque ending to a fight that was already over, poor fans on no they had to watch Kov get put out on his feet, and not fight back because he's so hurt to the body and looking to the ref, and then finally doubling over. If Weeks had stopped it right after he had Kov rocked upstairs, you all would have been okay with it. "Weeks must've seen something we didn't".

Kov was done, proud as he is, he didnt need to take more punishment in a fight he wasn't trying to win just for the fans to get their moneys worth.

Call yourselves boxing fans... pft

I dont think Stipe was really serious about that, just stirring up in the media. But I do think that Manuwa was about fighting Haye. But that all goes back to the point I made that Conor would never make that kind of money in mma and would have to go into boxing....no disputing that. The only way a fighter can make those kind of dollars is if he is his own promoter in mma.

I will hold my words until the fight happens and numbers come out. Who knows...it may not do as well as people anticipate. I was at the Ward/Kovaleve fight at a local bar where they show all boxing ppvs....I would say the most popular bar to show boxing downtown. And there were no boxing fans interested in the May/Mac fight, thought it was a joke.
Pretty much the same , spoke to patrons at one of our bars and many where excited until they were told it was a boxing match ,

They gave a semi disgusted look lol

This is pathetic, this is seriously the worst crybabying Ive ever seen over a a kickass stoppage on this forum. I watched the replays, too. What I notice from the side angle of the last three so called lowblows is a killer body shot that dips low, but cuts up super sharp slashing into Kov's abdomen region that pretty much doubled him over and the other 2 shots were totally not needed but looked to be belt line shots as well that Kov put himself into position to recieve.

Kovalev was turning away earlier in fight, got hurt and took follow up damage upstairs after right before the stoppage how much more decisive do you need? Oh, boo hoo, the fans were robbed of a Hollywood-esque ending to a fight that was already over, poor fans on no they had to watch Kov get put out on his feet, and not fight back because he's so hurt to the body and looking to the ref, and then finally doubling over. If Weeks had stopped it right after he had Kov rocked upstairs, you all would have been okay with it. "Weeks must've seen something we didn't".

Kov was done, proud as he is, he didnt need to take more punishment in a fight he wasn't trying to win just for the fans to get their moneys worth.

Call yourselves boxing fans... pft
Paulie the magic man is a big time boxing fan

Paulie surprised me with that.

I'm more of the same veiw as RJJ. What about Roy?
Both make excellent points
I like Roy saying it was borderline and instead of Kov complaining he should have done he same thing to Ward (paraphrasing)

Kovalev was ready to quit, while Ward was nailing him low and headbutting him. It is possible for both to be true, after all.........

mwJlOn.gif

Back