Nerds playing video games make more than UFC fighters

Shows how beta our society has become that there is more money in e-sports than combat sports
Some would argue that there should be more money in things like teaching or the medical industry than sports so who cares. Get money where you can.

Being a professional gamer is harder than being a professional fighter.

CM punk made the big leagues
Brock won the title with barely any training
Bisping became champ.
Jones partied and didn't train and is one of the GOAT.

Show one professional games that didn't devote his life to it.

They deserve the big bucks, they probably would out sell MM ppv's even if it was just introductions.

Shows how beta our society has become that there is more money in e-sports than combat sports
you're an embarrassment to our society for thinking like that

make money other than getting punched in the head? works for me.

The problem with comparisons like this is you take the overall average that a UFC fighter makes but you only use the top e-sports players salaries into consideration. It's like doing a boxing vs. mma salary comparison basing all of boxing earning potential on the money that Mayweather, Pacquaio and De La Hoya made in their big fights. There is far more E-sports players that make no money at all living in their parents basements working part time at a gas station.
This is true, but can't pretty much every profession's average salary be skewed by the top wage earners in the field?

Median salary is probably a better indicator of how much money "most" guys make.

but it's a different set of skills altogether + it's much easier to pick a controller and git gud in comparison to training martial arts for years.

There are plenty of fighters who didn't need years and years of martial arts to get good.

Can say the same about games though as well. Thing is with games, it's a shit ton harder to get to the top of certain games. Take Street Fighter for example. You can play for a couple of years and you still aren't going to be able to do anything against one of the masters.

Who wouldn't want to be a pro gamer. Literally drowning in bitches...
maxresdefault.jpg

But true.

MMA is absolutely tiny compared to video games.

Bbbbbbuuuut, Dana said it was bigger than soccer!

He wouldn't lie to ME would he?

:)

no you dont the only relevant esport still dominated by koreans is league of legends and that game has massive american and european leagues/scenes

hell the NA finals in 2015 got to MSG before the UFC did

large_large_lcs.jpg

Jizz that's a lot of nerds.

That's pathetic.

Used to maintain 4+ KDs on my shotgun only accounts drinking whiskey and letting go of controller to spit dip every few minutes. Sometimes drinking dip and spitting whiskey

In my day, we PLAYED video games. We didn't WATCH people play video games.

Seems pretty damn beta to be crying about someone else's paycheck.

Is it possible that natural ability (and other things) can get you a lot further in MMA than pro-gaming?

We've heard about guys picking up the sport relatively late (like Mark Hunt) and becoming top level, this ever happen with pro gaming?

In my many decades on this planet I have never, not once, met a successful person who sincerely uses the terms "alpha" and "beta" in reference to masculinity.

but it's a different set of skills altogether + it's much easier to pick a controller and git gud in comparison to training martial arts for years.

Most of the money making game tournaments do not use controllers.

UFC fighters make more money than top marksmen.

Bunch of pussies..

Back