Nerds playing video games make more than UFC fighters

but it's a different set of skills altogether + it's much easier to pick a controller and git gud in comparison to training martial arts for years.
Completely disagree. It really depends. Some people are just better than others at certain things, obviously.

I do both and I feel training I have progressed at a much faster pace compared to some of the competitive games I'm playing where it feels like no matter how much I play my potential stays stagnant.

You train a few hours a day where to have a "chance" to become competitive in a esport you have to play 12-20 hour days. Like I said that's just for a chance.

Shows how beta our society has become that there is more money in e-sports than combat sports

Yep.......wave of the future......... Soon Top Snipers/Killers in Military will be Mini Drone w guns Operators

The average UFC fighter makes more than the average exports player. For example, according to a Alistdaily.com article, "the North American League of Legends team, Ember, became the first organization to publicly reveal player salaries in December. As part of a statement by Ember CEO Jonathan Pan, the team disclosed how much their new lineup would be banking. At the top of the list is Greyson “Goldenglue” Gilmer who will earn $65,000 in salary with a further $27,000 in performance and signing bonuses. Colin “Solo” Earnest is also clearing $65,000 in salary with $21,000 in added bonuses. Benjamin DeMunck is earning $75,000, Nicolar “GleebGlarbu” Haddad earns $72,500 and $70,000 for Jaun “Contractz" Garcia."

The new UFC minimum is $12/$12 with a $2,500 Reebok payment. Over three fights a entry level prelim UFC fighter can make between $43,500 to $79,500. So a new UFC fighter makes about the same in salary as some established esports players. Mid tier and main card UFC fighters make much more.

Popular twitch streamers make probably $2,000-5,000 a night streaming I bet.

The average UFC fighter makes more than the average exports player. For example, according to a Alistdaily.com article, "the North American League of Legends team, Ember, became the first organization to publicly reveal player salaries in December. As part of a statement by Ember CEO Jonathan Pan, the team disclosed how much their new lineup would be banking. At the top of the list is Greyson “Goldenglue” Gilmer who will earn $65,000 in salary with a further $27,000 in performance and signing bonuses. Colin “Solo” Earnest is also clearing $65,000 in salary with $21,000 in added bonuses. Benjamin DeMunck is earning $75,000, Nicolar “GleebGlarbu” Haddad earns $72,500 and $70,000 for Jaun “Contractz" Garcia."

The new UFC minimum is $12/$12 with a $2,500 Reebok payment. Over three fights a entry level prelim UFC fighter can make between $43,500 to $79,500. So a new UFC fighter makes about the same in salary as some established esports players. Mid tier and main card UFC fighters make much more.

in 2015 the average yearly paid by UFC was near $160,000.
Of course that gets skewed by top earners, but $80m divided by 500 is 160k

Not true anymore. Last week was The International, which was a tournament in the US with a prizepool of over 24 million USD.

14540230720_7c497f346b_k.jpg
Sad. Shame on these kids and their parents.

I was pretty good at Samurai Shodown in my day, and I once beat a nationally ranked Street Fighter 2 player at X-Men: Children of the Atom. I wonder if I could've monetized that a little better.

lol at a video game nerd who plays 12 hours/day calling himself "solo". At least he's being honest with himself.

tenor.gif

Lol.
To make money in videogames you need to beat Asian maniacs that play 18-20 hrs a day being superfocused all the time, without sleeping or taking a dump.
They develop many different medical conditions, from damage to their wrists to conseqences of sitting whole day.
no you dont the only relevant esport still dominated by koreans is league of legends and that game has massive american and european leagues/scenes

hell the NA finals in 2015 got to MSG before the UFC did

large_large_lcs.jpg

I would imagine the market for playing video games for a living would be intense enough such that to have any chance at breaking in, you'd have to be willing to play long and hard enohgh to legit affect your health, possibly permanently.

The problem with comparisons like this is you take the overall average that a UFC fighter makes but you only use the top e-sports players salaries into consideration. It's like doing a boxing vs. mma salary comparison basing all of boxing earning potential on the money that Mayweather, Pacquaio and De La Hoya made in their big fights. There is far more E-sports players that make no money at all living in their parents basements working part time at a gas station.

Ah yes, kicking and punching is Alpha and playing video games is Beta. Can't we stop with this Alpha/Beta BS? It appears that the only ones discussing Alpha/Beta are those suffering from inferiority complex, no one else cares.

Back