NCAA Wrestling

Sad day for collegiate wrestling. I’m a little bit of an older guy, my teen years were during the 80’s. I was a Gable/Iowa fan and Smith came onto the scene. I deliberately asked for a pair of red wrestling shoes in 1988, sophomore year of high school, because that’s what he wore. Despite our singlets being forest green. I’ve never thought about it until now but I probably looked quite festive.

Interesting that tweet came out the same day Vito said he isn't going to the Olympic trials. It's too much of a cut for him.

Personally, I would prefer our wrestlers make it to the Olympics due to their skills on the mat, not due to their ability to cut weight.

Interesting that tweet came out the same day Vito said he isn't going to the Olympic trials. It's too much of a cut for him.

Personally, I would prefer our wrestlers make it to the Olympics due to their skills on the mat, not due to their ability to cut weight.

Wtf!? He'd rather sit out then try to parlay his crazy momentum at 65? That seems I'll advised.

Wtf!? He'd rather sit out then try to parlay his crazy momentum at 65? That seems I'll advised.
Kind of seems like Vito is stuck in nomansland.

57 is too much of a cut for him. But, he's too small for 65.

18lbs is quite a gap.

After all, his college weight is a little over 60kg.

Kind of seems like Vito is stuck in nomansland.

57 is too much of a cut for him. But, he's too small for 65.

18lbs is quite a gap.

After all, his college weight is a little over 60kg.
Yeah I get it. Apparently he's nursing an injury too. But he'll grow into 65 and probably win another world medals (at least) at 61. He's still young.

He says it was his injuries, and that there's no doubt that he could of made weight. Really surprised he didn't take an olympic red shirt this year.

Last edited:
Horrible stretch for the recent crop of college guys. Even though Vitali was the only one who had a very good shot.

Which reminds me. I read today Starrocci is entering at 86. PSU has like 5 or 6 guys entering at 86.

Last edited:
Very interested to see if Brooks can hang with Taylor. Wish Stevenson returned. Hopefully Parris doesn’t get besmirched.
Parris got bronze at worlds, barely losing to the guy that Gable beat in the dying seconds of the Olympic finals.

He’s a step down from Gable, but he’s a medal contender for sure.

The future is looking fantastic for USA wrestling. The high schoolers are looking sharp.

Jax Forrest teched Liam Cronin, barely loses to Gilman, wins his next, and has Suriano up next.

Marcus Blaze lost 4-2 to Suriano, beats Megadulis, and has Lilledahl up next.

Luke Lilledahl lost 5-3 to Zane Richards, beat Liam Cronin, and has Blaze up next.

LaDarion Lockett teched Meyer Shapiro, lost to Messenbrink, won by forfeit vs Joseph, and has Tyler Berger up next.

Connor Mirasola lost to Aaron Brooks 11-5 and Max Dean. Still, kid took down Aaron Brooks.

Last edited:
The future is looking fantastic for USA wrestling. The high schoolers are looking sharp.

Jax Forrest teched Liam Cronin, barely loses to Gilman, wins his next, and has Suriano up next.

Marcus Blaze lost 4-2 to Suriano, beats Megadulis, and has Lilledahl up next.

Luke Lilledahl lost 5-3 to Zane Richards, beat Liam Cronin, and has Blaze up next.

LaDarion Lockett teched Meyer Shapiro, lost to Messenbrink, won by forfeit vs Joseph, and has Tyler Berger up next.

Connor Mirasola lost to Aaron Brooks 11-5 and Max Dean. Still, kid took down Aaron Brooks.

2 takedowns on Brooks... how many takedowns did the NCAA field get on Brooks this year?

Mendez over Yianni. Yianni didn’t look good.

Back