NCAA Wrestling

Interesting. Isn't the Olympic weight 89kg? I think Taylor has shown he is clearly the very best in the world but AJ could make some noise otherwise. History has shown, especially in recent years, if you have strong age-group results on the world scene and if you can win a DI title, you're likely world team material. Brooks seems poised to make a big leap though now that he is presumably focused on freestyle.

Look what Pat Downey was able to do in a similar situation to Ferrari.

I think it's time to talk about Little Rock.

Last week, beat Arizona State.

Last night, beat Oregon State.

That's two ranked opponents in the top 25.

So with talk of Ferrari possibly wrestling at HW and the fact that his previous most recent freestyle experience is at 97, a drop to 86 ain't happening.
There’s talk of Ferrari going HW? I can’t see that happening for Iowa, unless Ben Kueter is planning on quitting wrestling.

But again, I don’t think he’s focusing on actually making the Olympics. He’s just using his bronze at cadet worlds to get himself an extra year of eligibility, if indeed he decides to stick around.

I think it's time to talk about Little Rock.

Last week, beat Arizona State.

Last night, beat Oregon State.

That's two ranked opponents in the top 25.
Little Rock also has 16 dual meets so far. That's quite a bit more than the average ranked team. Sure, they aren't entering as many tournaments as the other schools. But, dual meet wins create nice headlines for those that casually follow the sport. They may be growing a nice fan base in Arkansas.

There’s talk of Ferrari going HW? I can’t see that happening for Iowa, unless Ben Kueter is planning on quitting wrestling.

But again, I don’t think he’s focusing on actually making the Olympics. He’s just using his bronze at cadet worlds to get himself an extra year of eligibility, if indeed he decides to stick around.
I think it was just him trying to get something brewing with Gable.

For you guys that follow the collegiate scene, what the heck happened to Mason Manville? Big time recruit, international success, does nothing in college? What don't I know?

For you guys that follow the collegiate scene, what the heck happened to Mason Manville? Big time recruit, international success, does nothing in college? What don't I know?
From LInkedIn:

"I am a current seminarian at Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary and the Head Coach of the North Allegheny Jr. High Wrestling program. I am a graduate of Penn State University with a B.A. in History as well as minors in Philosophy and Military Studies (Army ROTC). I was a 5-year member of the Penn State D1 Wrestling team and a 2017 World Team member for the U.S.

I am set to commission into the United State Army on 5 May 2023 into the Chaplain Candidacy program."

From LInkedIn:

"I am a current seminarian at Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary and the Head Coach of the North Allegheny Jr. High Wrestling program. I am a graduate of Penn State University with a B.A. in History as well as minors in Philosophy and Military Studies (Army ROTC). I was a 5-year member of the Penn State D1 Wrestling team and a 2017 World Team member for the U.S.

I am set to commission into the United State Army on 5 May 2023 into the Chaplain Candidacy program."
I did come across that but I'm curious as to why he accomplished nothing of note while at Penn State. The kid was really really good as a high schooler. He even did an interview saying his goals where to win 4 DI titles and be an Olympian in both styles.

Oregon State is the only DI program in the Pacific North West. Do the top wrestlers from the region opt to go elsewhere? If so, why?

KOT has an interesting style of wrestling, it's almost like he's grappling in a jiu jitsu match. He's elite and it can beat almost anyone on a good day but there are some people who can up the pace and create holes.

He was completely gassed at the end. It was like someone pulled the plug on the controller.

I’m excited to see what brooks does in the Olympics

I normally watch MMA, boxing, etc. on mute. But, I've really enjoyed listening to Cormier and Burroughs banter during the matches. Plus, DC seems very tuned in to the youth wrestling scene in regards to RTCs.

Back