NBC-WSOF 3 year deal ends in 2017!!!!

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you think NBC will renew their deal with WSOF? Or is it too late?

Decent WSOF cards get much lower ratings on NBCSN than PBC does, and PBC puts random unknown fighters there. Yet, NBCSN does not want PBC because of "low ratings".

Not sure how WSOF can convince NBC to renew their deal. Maybe if the NYE show gets 6 million viewers on NBC or something.

Right now, NBCSN is only paying 7 figures a year to WSOF

WSOF doesn't have anything planned beyond 2016. The New Years show is make or break for them.

Who knows. WSOF doesnt have anything planned yet in 2017.

Could depend on if NBC makes a play for UFC in the future or more boxing.

WSOF brings no ratings and no attention to NBC Sports but they are likely very cheap programming.

If WSOF loses NBC Sports I dont know what they do. They might look to sell to Viacom and merge with Bellator.

The NYE card is a bid to get NBC to renew them. If their ratings fall flat, likely the promotion will too. But they are like the Black Knight from Monty Python, so who knows.

They should fold their operations and join Master Sakakibara, and become their American subsidiary in charge of promotion and global distribution.

You mean NBCSN right ? I never saw anybody with that damn channel when I was living in new york.
NBCSN + MSNBC + they are losing DIsh and Directv + they lost a fortune for the Rio Olympic due to being a group of idiots. They are kept alive by GE money that pushes an agenda.

NBCSN + MSNBC + they are losing DIsh and Directv + they lost a fortune for the Rio Olympic due to being a group of idiots. They are kept alive by GE money that pushes an agenda.

Comcast and GE will bail 'em out. Besides, Comcast has its own market and its bigger than satellite. They might have to cut off the fat, and that means WSOF.

Besides, every few years we hear about some network going off air. There's a blackout for a few weeks or months, then the satellite providers pay their bill and pick the channels right back up again.

Put WSOF on Fight Pass, or put it on AXS.

i'm surprised wsof isn't dead yet. ufc rejects and a bunch of boring fighters no other orgs want.

instead of going "all in" for nye with Shields vs Fitch and their other boring champs they should have put on a couple freak show fights.

The NYE show for WSOF doing good ratings is a longshot. I think we'll be seeing the WSOF either on Fight Pass or merged with the UFC next year. I'm okay with either option, seeing the champions, contenders, and prospects of the WSOF in the UFC would be cool as shit. No more looking around every anal recess of the internet for shitty WSOF streams when it's on Fight Pass.

Bellator can't afford the WSOF, they can barely manage their own roster. Bellator can take the lower level guys remaining from the WSOF and fuck off.

i'm surprised wsof isn't dead yet. ufc rejects and a bunch of boring fighters no other orgs want.

instead of going "all in" for nye with Shields vs Fitch and their other boring champs they should have put on a couple freak show fights.
Obivous troll is obvious.

Last edited:
The NYE card is a bid to get NBC to renew them. If their ratings fall flat, likely the promotion will too. But they are like the Black Knight from Monty Python, so who knows.
They'll probably fall flat, like they always do. One thing is for sure though, they have lived a hell lot longer than most thought they would.

Who knows. WSOF doesnt have anything planned yet in 2017.

Could depend on if NBC makes a play for UFC in the future or more boxing.

WSOF brings no ratings and no attention to NBC Sports but they are likely very cheap programming.

If WSOF loses NBC Sports I dont know what they do. They might look to sell to Viacom and merge with Bellator.

I've actually heard that wsof pays to be on their channel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back