NBC-WSOF 3 year deal ends in 2017!!!!

The NYE show for WSOF doing good ratings is a longshot. I think we'll be seeing the WSOF either on Fight Pass or merged with the UFC next year. I'm okay with either option, seeing the champions, contenders, and prospects of the WSOF in the UFC would be cool as shit. No more looking around every anal recess of the internet for shitty WSOF streams when it's on Fight Pass.

Bellator can't afford the WSOF, they can barely manage their own roster. Bellator can take the lower level guys remaining from the WSOF and fuck off.

Obivous troll is obvious.

Ray Sefo is that you?

average attendance is 1000-2000 people and tv ratings are terrible. they do have some decent fighters who should be in better promotions (they are boring though, you can't deny that), so they're probably paying decent money. they have quite a few shows per year that probably all lose money. considering all the expenses and mma org has and their lack of revenue, there's no way they're profitable.

so yeah, i'm surprised wsof is still alive.

Ray Sefo is that you?

average attendance is 1000-2000 people and tv ratings are terrible. they do have some decent fighters who should be in better promotions (they are boring though, you can't deny that), so they're probably paying decent money. they have quite a few shows per year that probably all lose money. considering all the expenses and mma org has and their lack of revenue, there's no way they're profitable.

I think Ray Sefo is taking some people for a ride.
They'll never see their money again. Poor investors.​

Ray Sefo is that you?

Meh, when I think about WSOF, I usually think about guys like Gaethje, the definition of "not boring" so I assumed you were trolling lol.

I do agree with everything else you stated. WSOF has been bleeding money for quite a while now. I didn't think they would make it to 2016 and here we are. But who knows? WSOF is like a cockroach, sort of like TNA on the wrestling side.

Comcast and GE will bail 'em out. Besides, Comcast has its own market and its bigger than satellite. They might have to cut off the fat, and that means WSOF.

Besides, every few years we hear about some network going off air. There's a blackout for a few weeks or months, then the satellite providers pay their bill and pick the channels right back up again.
Wish I could bleed cash and still have a job... need to go back to gov work I guess.

Whatever the behind the scenes machinations, I really enjoy WSOF shows and hope they continue as a promotion and hopefully on NBC SN & NBC. I prefer to watch on tv than online and I like having more MMA cards than less. Looking forward to the NYE card.

Hopefully they make it into next year, come back to Phoenix and have another one night tournament. Shit was legit as hell, one nighters are extremely rare state side.

With NBC without NBC I still have no ideal how they make money.

Ya. Painting was on the wall for a while. Cancelling tons of cards at The end of the year.

They do have a decent New Years card, but the star power simply isn't there. I feel like this card is their do or die card.

Don't see how they are making money. I mean bellator seems to pull healthier gates and rating, yet Id argue that they are breaking even at best.

Wouldn't doubt that wsof is bleeding money.

Wonder who will be the replacement? I'd love to see bamma in the states

Last edited:
they're merging, right?
Yup, and they're losing to KotC in all categories of analytics. They have the delusion of being the "NCAA" of the UFC. But the truth is while hardcore fans want to watch them, the NCAA is comprised of many different entities that feed into a single proving-ground (March Madness) that is a proven scouting ground. RFA/Legacy are just two of many entities that have equal claim to building talent for the UFC. So gaining a proper TV deal would do them well to move forward to match their delusion.

Yup, and they're losing to KotC in all categories of analytics. They have the delusion of being the "NCAA" of the UFC. But the truth is while hardcore fans want to watch them, the NCAA is comprised of many different entities that feed into a single proving-ground (March Madness) that is a proven scouting ground. RFA/Legacy are just two of many entities that have equal claim to building talent for the UFC. So gaining a proper TV deal would do them well to move forward to match their delusion.

One has to take your strong biases into account when reading your posts since you work for or have a relationship with the WSOF-GC promotion and seem to have an axe to grind oftentimes against WSOF and now other organizations. Not saying your posts aren't sometimes interesting, but come on, you're not even pretending to be slightly impartial here and some of the things you are claiming here are ludicrous.

LFA, the merged organization of RFA/LFC announced a deal recently for about 30 shows on AXS TV in 2017, two of which already have dates. AXS is making them (along with CES MMA and Lion Fight muay thai if that continues) a big part of their programming going forward at the 9 PM Friday time slot. You have to admit RFA & LFC have sent a LOT of well known fighters to the UFC. Suggesting that the venerable KOTC promotion is anywhere near their level as a feeder organization to the UFC or with viewership on tv or any other measure of importance is laughable. AXS TV which will broadcast live LFA cards may not be the biggest or most prestigious channel, but it's a solid cable channel that is light years beyond obscure channel Mav TV which broadcasts mostly tape delayed KOTC cards with mostly completely unnknowns in standard definition.

I actually watch a lot of these KOTC cards even on tape delay since I get MavTV on DirecTV. But even among my hardcore MMA watching friends almost no one else I know even is aware KOTC is on tv. Sometimes you see some prospects in these low level KOTC shows in the mid-west or elsewhere that end up in the big orgs like for example strawweight Danielle Taylor. But they're few and far between compared to RFA & LFC. I don't think LFA will or should have any monopoly as a feeder type organization to the big shows, but they're in a pretty good position at this stage of the game to be the front runner in North America.

I want to see Gaethje vs Ferguson so bad. That fight would be awesome!

One has to take your strong biases into account when reading your posts since you work for or have a relationship with the WSOF-GC promotion and seem to have an axe to grind oftentimes against WSOF and now other organizations. Not saying your posts aren't sometimes interesting, but come on, you're not even pretending to be slightly impartial here and some of the things you are claiming here are ludicrous.

LFA, the merged organization of RFA/LFC announced a deal recently for about 30 shows on AXS TV in 2017, two of which already have dates. AXS is making them (along with CES MMA and Lion Fight muay thai if that continues) a big part of their programming going forward at the 9 PM Friday time slot. You have to admit RFA & LFC have sent a LOT of well known fighters to the UFC. Suggesting that the venerable KOTC promotion is anywhere near their level as a feeder organization to the UFC or with viewership on tv or any other measure of importance is laughable. AXS TV which will broadcast live LFA cards may not be the biggest or most prestigious channel, but it's a solid cable channel that is light years beyond obscure channel Mav TV which broadcasts mostly tape delayed KOTC cards with mostly completely unnknowns in standard definition.

I actually watch a lot of these KOTC cards even on tape delay since I get MavTV on DirecTV. But even among my hardcore MMA watching friends almost no one else I know even is aware KOTC is on tv. Sometimes you see some prospects in these low level KOTC shows in the mid-west or elsewhere that end up in the big orgs like for example strawweight Danielle Taylor. But they're few and far between compared to RFA & LFC. I don't think LFA will or should have any monopoly as a feeder type organization to the big shows, but they're in a pretty good position at this stage of the game to be the front runner in North America.

A lot of writing. I actually hired by a third-party onto a marketing group to handle assessment of assets and social-media penetration for a variety of promotions.

While I make zero secrets about my disdain for the illegal and unethical activities of WSOF-US, I have absolutely nothing against RFA/LFA. I'm speaking specifically from an analytic standpoint. KotC has strong analytics across 42 of the 50 states. They have a more active roster. RFA certainly has a direct line to the UFC, but their shows garner very little interest. They also rebuff the phrase "feeder league" oddly enough, since it's their entire identity.

I thought CFFC was supposed to be the premiere talent builder for UFC

I thought CFFC was supposed to be the premiere talent builder for UFC
All I know is what RFA told me. I can't speak to who does what. Nor do I know who is likely to get the NBC Sports deal (if anyone, because it's a very poor deal). All I know is what I learn through my various jobs (yes including, but not limited to, GC).

All I know is what RFA told me. I can't speak to who does what. Nor do I know who is likely to get the NBC Sports deal (if anyone, because it's a very poor deal). All I know is what I learn through my various jobs (yes including, but not limited to, GC).
I think NBC pays 7 figures a year to put on 14 shows or something like that

Back