NBA MVP this season?

giphy.gif

lmao @ those teeth. couldn't imagine the ridicule growing up.

lmao @ those teeth. couldn't imagine the ridicule growing up.
Could be worse, could look like Anthony Davis.

Maybe there's a correlation between having bad teeth and being a great basketball player.

I don't know how people can point to Westbrick's 'inefficiency' and turnovers and then say Hardcan should be MVP. Yes Harden shoots a little better. 44.6% vs. 42% and his TS% is much higher because he shoots more 3's and FT's for slightly better percentages. But Westbrook is the most efficient player on his terrible team, averages fewer turnovers and has a better PER.

I think Hardcan wins it, but 'efficiency' isn't really the difference between them. Switch them for each other and both teams are pretty much exactly the same. I'm fine with either winning, or Kawhi.

Will someone explain to me why is Gordon Hayward not on the ballot for MVP?

I dunno why you can't just enjoy witnessing a historic season Revi. 32-11-10 will literally happen once in our lifetimes
Not only averaging a triple double but also winning the scoring title is pretty unbelievable. Also, the NBA keeps stats for "clutch time," the final 5 minutes of a game with a 5 point or less score difference, and Westbrook is leading or at least top 5 in every meaningful category.

On top of that, he's leading the league in player efficiency rating by a significant margin.

The guy's a baller

I don't know how people can point to Westbrick's 'inefficiency' and turnovers and then say Hardcan should be MVP. Yes Harden shoots a little better. 44.6% vs. 42% and his TS% is much higher because he shoots more 3's and FT's for slightly better percentages. But Westbrook is the most efficient player on his terrible team, averages fewer turnovers and has a better PER.

I think Hardcan wins it, but 'efficiency' isn't really the difference between them. Switch them for each other and both teams are pretty much exactly the same. I'm fine with either winning, or Kawhi.
I think the efficiency thing is a bs argument too. He's leading the league in player efficiency rating by over 2 points

LeBron should be the 10-year reigning MVP.

I would give it to Leonard. I think Harden wins it though.

As for Westbrook, he's contested less 3pt shots than Deandre Jordan this season. Point being that he's abandoning his defensive assignment to grab rebounds, which is the only REALLY impressive part of his triple double average; lots of guys have averaged a double-double with assists.

I'm not dismissing how well Westbrook has played this season, but I'm not gonna just give him the MVP because he has managed to grab 10 boards a game.

WallGOAT is the clear MVP, but he won't get it for whatever reason.

Not only averaging a triple double but also winning the scoring title is pretty unbelievable. Also, the NBA keeps stats for "clutch time," the final 5 minutes of a game with a 5 point or less score difference, and Westbrook is leading or at least top 5 in every meaningful category.

On top of that, he's leading the league in player efficiency rating by a significant margin.

The guy's a baller
Last 5 minutes, sure, but when it comes to actual potential game winning or tying shots, he's one of the worst in the league. ;)

Last 5 minutes, sure, but when it comes to actual potential game winning or tying shots, he's one of the worst in the league. ;)
True. It's a little tough though when you're getting triple teamed because the other team knows no one else on your team can score.

Back