Nate must have zero confidence in beating anyone they give him

It's the same reason Conor didn't go fight anyone in MMA after Alvarez either.

Be prepared to deal with this exact same situation with Conor next year.

I can already hear Dana

"Ok you wanted to go fight Floyd, great. You lost, now you expect the same amount of money to fight your title contenders? He doesn't even want to fight!"

Nate is one of the smartest when it comes to managing his career. You can say he disappears or takes time off, but he has been getting himself big fights, main events and huge pay days. He knows he can just sit back because win or lose Conor's next fight will be the trilogy fight with Nate.

Hard to go back to making 60k a fight when you just made a few mil.

He wouldn't go back to $60k & the only reason he was getting lower pay is because he asked for a lump sum up-front to pay taxes (when he signed).
UFC did that & then he bitched about only making $60k & some fell for it.

But I totally get him waiting for Conor III.

He should be trying to get that interim belt, even if it's for peanuts, because that ensures him the big money rematch. As it is, he's taking a gamble that Conor will rematch him. Conor might come back and lose to Khabib twice, then Nate's payday is gone.
No, Conor will always be a money fight. If he loses to Khabib, the Nate trilogy is the perfect comeback fight. Nate is getting his 3rd fight because he is a draw and Conor considers him low risk. Nate should keep doing what he's doing. Nothing.

No, Conor will always be a money fight. If he loses to Khabib, the Nate trilogy is the perfect comeback fight. Nate is getting his 3rd fight because he is a draw and Conor considers him low risk. Nate should keep doing what he's doing. Nothing.
Once Conor starts losing, that rematch will be paying Nate a whole lot less. And there's no guarantee the fight ever happens. Conor already said he would make Nate wait after Nate sided with Floyd. Can't make Nate wait if Nate nabs that interim belt.

Nate is one of the smartest when it comes to managing his career. You can say he disappears or takes time off, but he has been getting himself big fights, main events and huge pay days. He knows he can just sit back because win or lose Conor's next fight will be the trilogy fight with Nate.

nate just got lucky that conor selected him

Diaz bros are not in MMA to give. They're in MMA to take.

Zero interest in fighting someone with a lesser name than them, so they hide and wait. "real" fighters brah.

Hes gonna not fight anyone and continue to milk it for the trilogy fight which i could care less to see

Hes been offered all the top dudes but why get embarrased for the usual pay

Nate is a pretty middle of the road mma fighter but for some reason, can really take it to the "GOAT" McGregor. I wonder why that is.

Hence why he's not accepting any other fight than the money fight

Almost every other fighter in the division either has wrestling or good kicks, both Nate's weaknesses. Conor has neither which is why Nate matched up so well, plus Conor's biggest weakness is BJJ and Nate is a distinguished black belt.

Another problem is he's under the impression he's the mega draw (like Conor) so when the UFC offers him anything less than what they did for his 2nd Conor fight, he says F you. This is like if Chad demanded minimum of 500k per fight since he got that vs Conor.

It remains to be seen whether Nate can draw without Conor. I think he could if he took the chance, but problem is that there's a high possibility of him losing.

Nate just wants a big money fight and he knows damn well that 90% of the best LWs can/will beat him if they decide to mix in some wrestling which the majority are good at and there goes his big money fight with Conor.

That's all there is to it.

Nate has plenty of money right now, why does he need to take a fight?

All of those guys are just trying to make a buck off him. He won't get a payday he wants, and if he loses, his stock drops.

Nate can just wait for McGregor to come asking for #3, which will make him a shit ton more money, especially if its for the 155 lb belt.

Nick mismanaged his career and now Nate is doing it. At least Nate has money to show for it. I bet Nick is spending all lil bro's dough.

Nick made plenty of money from the Penn, Condit, St. Pierre, and Silva fights.

Neither of the Diaz bro's are flashy. Those jeans and t-shirts they wear aren't expensive, and considering the time they spend training (MMA/triathalons), eating vegan, and playing with nunchucks, I doubt they do a whole lot more.

Nate was probably spending Nick's money before he hit a big payday. They're brothers.

The NAC was mismanaged by some corrupt fools with reefer madness.. that's what hurt Nick's carrer.

Conor - Nate still has a good chance of beating him, but less at 155 imo.

Khabib - Nate gets wrestle fucked, Khabib too defensively good on the ground.

Ferguson - Nate has a chance but doubt he can pull it off.

Alvarez - Good chance.

Barboza - Leg kicks would kill him.

Gaethje - Leg kicks would kill him.

Lee - would probably outgrapple Nathan.

Poirier - Nate has a really good chance.

th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back