Nate must have zero confidence in beating anyone they give him

Lol Warren Buffet would evaluate Nate's risk vs reward and tell him he's making the obvious and smart financial move. Why risk 3 million for 80,000 when he openly makes fun of rankings and belts. One Conor fight = over 30 regular UFC fights. The shittier the cards get the dumber Sherdog becomes.

You are not getting it brother - a 3rd McGregor fight is not happening. I hope Nate invested his money wisely. Did you ever hear the expression a little of something is better than all of nothing?

Well dude threw the towel against Josh Thompson...

Of course he'll pick the easiest fight if he can.

Nate forgot he has 1 relevant win at LW in 4 years. He also must have forgot the last 3 top lws he fought befote michael johnson absoloutly besmirched him. Beating a guy with 1 win at LW (who just so happens to be the unproven champ ) doesnt jump you to the start of the line.

10+ years and 25 fights in the UFC, most of them barnburners, with 15 post fight bonuses

Nates earned the right to do whatever he wants

If you are 90% certain you will win a fight for $500K (that's probably too high an estimate), but if you lose it will cost you a $10 million fight. You shouldn't take that fight.

Nah, he just wants at least 20 mil per fight

My theory is that he is not accepting other fights because he had a big payday and is living the high life.. He doesn't see that this is his chance to capitalize of the fame and get a few more big paydays in before he gets too old.

Nate would have to be an idiot to accept some fight for peanuts instead of waiting for Conor. This thread is played out. Nate is doing the smart thing, many of you are morons simple as that.
He should be trying to get that interim belt, even if it's for peanuts, because that ensures him the big money rematch. As it is, he's taking a gamble that Conor will rematch him. Conor might come back and lose to Khabib twice, then Nate's payday is gone.

10+ years and 25 fights in the UFC, most of them barnburners, with 15 post fight bonuses

Nates earned the right to do whatever he wants

People lose context.

Nate is a self-made multimillionaire in a sport famous for scuttling most to retirement with broken bodies and little to show for it. He's likely made more money in his last two fights than 90% of MMA fighters have made in their entire careers.

There is no way on earth the UFC (or anyone else for that matter) gets either Diaz bro to fight for peanuts ever again.

The UFC can book Nate whenever they want, they will need to open up the checkbook though.

My theory is that he is not accepting other fights because he had a big payday and is living the high life.. He doesn't see that this is his chance to capitalize of the fame and get a few more big paydays in before he gets too old.
Those paydays aren't going anywhere. He can come back in another few years and make money still

I also think he's making a lot of money being such big names in the pot game.

nates strategy is no different than connor fighting floyd. It's a smart move, and patience will win him a big payday, more than a bunch of small paychecks.

No one making a 6 figure income wants to go back to making a middle income.

? The diaz brothers are pathologically unafraid of fighting anyone. They have proved it over and over again over the years.

Nick Maybe.

Nate no. He relies on a massive size advantage. The one time he moved up he went on a losing streak against guys his size/dimensions and immediately went back down to 155 so he could continue facing manlets.

Nick Maybe.

Nate no. He relies on a massive size advantage. The one time he moved up he went on a losing streak against guys his size/dimensions and immediately went back down to 155 so he could continue facing manlets.

Nate cuts very little weight to make 155.

Are you one of those conor guys? Jeez

Nate has said more than once he doesn't like to fight. He has enough to tie him over and then some. He is not concerned about being a champ just like many fighters these days. They just want $$ and a out.

I don't know how the UFC will deal with this new mentality of "I don't want to fight ......much.......fighters!" that more and more guys are turning into.

Back