Nate Diaz has never beaten a strong wrestler.

6 weeks? At Welterweight? Nates going to come in the same shape as the 2nd Conor fight. He's going to get beat up for 5 rounds. I hope he wins somehow, but at this point I don't think Nate is very motivated.

TKO Nate? Not likely. Tyron only has six KO finishes in 18 wins. The Lawler punch was the perfect shot. If you subtracted that he would get compared to Koschek (a strong wrestler with average standup and weak finishing skills). Plus Nate has one of the best chins in MMA.

I really don't get where people think Tyron is some kind of KO machine. Hell, Bisping fluke KO'd Rockhold and no one started saying he was a KO monster and he actually has a might higher finish ratio than Woodley.

You need to remember Nate got TKO'ed by Josh Thomson (who only had 4 T/KO's in 19 wins). Bendo also dropped Nate, who (at the time) only had 2 TKO's in 18 wins. Tyron has more power than either of those guys AND Nate has taken far more damage through the years since then. He was dropped a couple time by Conor McGregor, where he took a lot of punishment in the 2 fights. Nate is much more susceptible to getting KO'ed now than he was a few years back, while on the other hand Woodley has done well not taking damage when he doesn't have to.

I think Woodley finishes Nate within 3 rnds...granted the fight is more "exciting" with Nate pushing the action. I see it ending like vs Lawler (except fight lasting longer).

You need to remember Nate got TKO'ed by Josh Thomson (who only had 4 T/KO's in 19 wins). Bendo also dropped Nate, who (at the time) only had 2 TKO's in 18 wins. Tyron has more power than either of those guys AND Nate has taken far more damage through the years since then. He was dropped a couple time by Conor McGregor, where he took a lot of punishment in the 2 fights. Nate is much more susceptible to getting KO'ed now than he was a few years back, while on the other hand Woodley has done well not taking damage when he doesn't have to.

I think Woodley finishes Nate within 3 rnds.

Nate got TKO'd by Thomson by a head kick and he was still standing and walking around, his brother threw in the towel.

TKO Nate? Not likely. Tyron only has six KO finishes in 18 wins. The Lawler punch was the perfect shot. If you subtracted that he would get compared to Koschek (a strong wrestler with average standup and weak finishing skills). Plus Nate has one of the best chins in MMA.

I really don't get where people think Tyron is some kind of KO machine. Hell, Bisping fluke KO'd Rockhold and no one started saying he was a KO monster and he actually has a might higher finish ratio than Woodley.
Since when tf is Nate Diaz invincible? He has been dropped numerous times and even TKO'd by Thomson. Woodley can be boring at times, but if you don't think he has the ability to flatline Nate, you're crazy. He's dropped bigger and better fighters than Nate. I for one am trying to figure out how this isn't Woodley's easiest fight in years.

Nate got TKO'd by Thomson by a head kick and he was still standing and walking around, his brother threw in the towel.

Haha dude, he got rocked by a head kick...then he got dropped by a punch and GnP followed. IIRC, the ref never even saw the towel being thrown in as it was thrown in after or as the the ref was stopping the fight. Nate was getting GnP'd into hell and woulda been KTFO'ed stiff if the ref hadn't stopped it. Even if the towel ended the fight, there is a reason for it being thrown in...fight was over.

Since when tf is Nate Diaz invincible? He has been dropped numerous times and even TKO'd by Thomson. Woodley can be boring at times, but if you don't think he has the ability to flatline Nate, you're crazy. He's dropped bigger and better fighters than Nate.

I didn't say it was impossible but likely? I doubt it. Woodley has a whopping 6 finishes in 18 wins. He is by no stretch of the imagination a KO machine.

Nate was TKO'd by a Thomson headkick and still wasn't off his feet, his brother threw in the towel to avoid further damage. Let me know when Woodley starts throwing headkicks.

In 11 losses, Nate has been TKO'd once and he has 9 more pro fights than Woodley does.

And the Diaz brothers are more about speedy recovery than invincibility. Nick vs. Daley for example, he go dropped and got right back up and finished him. Nate got dropped by Mcgregor and kept getting back up.

Also without a doubt, the cardio edge will be far towards nate.

Haha dude, he got rocked by a head kick...then he got dropped by a punch and GnP followed. IIRC, the ref never even saw the towel being thrown in as it was thrown in after or as the the ref was stopping the fight. Nate was getting GnP'd into hell and woulda been KTFO'ed stiff if the ref hadn't stopped it. Even if the towel ended the fight, there is a reason for it being thrown in...fight was over.

I agree, Nate was done, never disputed that but it took a kick to the head to put him in that position. It was a more powerful headkick than what TJ landed on Garbrandt.

giphy.gif
886ebd3706ce5b2aef1f3c043d567bb9.jpg

Like I said, I didn't dispute the loss, also, nate got up immediately from that and holy crap that was a lot of shots to the back of the head... never saw them before.

I didn't say it was impossible but likely? I doubt it. Woodley has a whopping 6 finishes in 18 wins. He is by no stretch of the imagination a KO machine.

6 KNOCKOUTS and 5 SUBMISSIONS totaling 11 FINISHES in 18 wins. Nate Diaz has 4 Knockout wins in his career, so how will he win against Woodley? Submission? He won't be able to take him down. Decision? Nate has lost 9/12 fights that go the distance.

Don't forget I also mentioned how Nate got dropped by BEN HENDERSON. You know, the guy with a whopping 3 TKO wins. Big Nog was also very good at recovering and coming back from adversity to win, but time/age along with wear and tear gets to everyone. Takanori Gomi was once so extremely durable and no one could knock him out, but nowadays gets dropped and knocked out by jabs (3/4 last losses by TKO).

Point is, Nate is only deteriorating and, even if he's not done yet, he is less durable than the times when he fought Josh Thomson/Bendo/Conor.

Like I said, I didn't dispute the loss, also, nate got up immediately from that and holy crap that was a lot of shots to the back of the head... never saw them before.

Haha no, not a lot of shots to the back of the head. At worst there was like 3 punches to behind or on the ear.

Tyron hits like a run away train and kicks like a dying horse bro. He side lined “tough as nails” Carlos Condit for a year with one of those deadly kicks.

Nate might get a serious leg Injury if he is not careful to check the kicks.

6 KNOCKOUTS and 5 SUBMISSIONS totaling 11 FINISHES in 18 wins. Nate Diaz has 4 Knockout wins in his career, so how will he win against Woodley? Submission? He won't be able to take him down. Decision? Nate has lost 9/12 fights that go the distance.

Don't forget I also mentioned how Nate got dropped by BEN HENDERSON. You know, the guy with a whopping 3 TKO wins. Big Nog was also very good at recovering and coming back from adversity to win, but time/age along with wear and tear gets to everyone. Takanori Gomi was once so extremely durable and no one could knock him out, but nowadays gets dropped and knocked out by jabs (3/4 last losses by TKO).

Point is, Nate is only deteriorating and, even if he's not done yet, he is less durable than the times when he fought Josh Thomson/Bendo/Conor.

? Not sure what you are getting riled up about. You seem fond of that capslock key.

I never once stated that Nate beats Woodley only that it's unlikely that Woodley KO's him. I stated elsewhere here at Sherdog that this is a horrible matchup for Nate and it simply is.

Nate's weakness has always been wrestlers and Woodley could take him down at will.

This is going to be a 25 minute fight of Nate trying to close to strike and Woodley taking him down and pounding on him. Unfortunately going to be boring as hell.

I'm only hoping for a good fight but honestly Woodley would probs find a way to make ot boring.

? Not sure what you are getting riled up about. You seem fond of that capslock key.

I never once stated that Nate beats Woodley only that it's unlikely that Woodley KO's him. I stated elsewhere here at Sherdog that this is a horrible matchup for Nate and it simply is.

Nate's weakness has always been wrestlers and Woodley could take him down at will.

This is going to be a 25 minute fight of Nate trying to close to strike and Woodley taking him down and pounding on him. Unfortunately going to be boring as hell.

I don't think it will be boring. If you find GnP boring, then you might be watching the wrong sport. I don't think Woodley will be too worried about Nate's power or takedowns to not engage in a striking match. At the very least, he won't be so gun shy as he was against Wonderboy or Maia.

Except the corpse of Gray Maynard.

Hes been ragdolled by RDA, Benson Henderson, Rory MacDonald, Dong Hyung Kim, Clay Guida......

And now he is gonna fight the absolute best wrestler at a weight class he did nothing in?
Except get ragdolled?
Tyron will be the best wrestler he has EVER faced by far. da fuq world am I living in?

Rory_MacDonald_vs._Nate_Diaz_9.gif
t3_3c4pc3

t3_3c4pc3

The Rory MacDonald fight was when Nate was very young and not experienced in ww, and Rory is and was one of the best WW's, no shame in taking a loss against him.

Maybe they will have a "just striking clause" in the bout agreement?

Like in the nate marquardt vs vitor belfort fight, they both got extra pay for keeping it standing.

How many of those wrestlers finished nate? Hows Tyrons Gas with an always forwards pressure zombie like nate?

Nate could easily win this fight deep with muscle bound wood in a 5 round fight.

Nate jabs and 1-2’s the fuck out of Woodley until he gets frustrated and takes Nate down. He gets full mount only to get triangled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back