Nate Diaz has never beaten a strong wrestler.

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Except the corpse of Gray Maynard.

Hes been ragdolled by RDA, Benson Henderson, Rory MacDonald, Dong Hyung Kim, Clay Guida......

And now he is gonna fight the absolute best wrestler at a weight class he did nothing in?
Except get ragdolled?
Tyron will be the best wrestler he has EVER faced by far. da fuq world am I living in?

Rory_MacDonald_vs._Nate_Diaz_9.gif
t3_3c4pc3

t3_3c4pc3

Last edited:
Nate pulls. Nick slips in. Ninja shit

On vacation my ass...

Except the corpse of Gray Maynard.

Hes been ragdolled by RDA, Benson Henderson, Rory MacDonald, Dong Hyung Kim, Clay Guida......

And now he is gonna fight the absolute best wrestler at a weight class he did nothing in?
Except get ragdolled?
Tyron will be the best wrestler he has EVER faced by far. da fuq world am I living in?

t3_3c4pc3
Nate would do a great job of forcing the action. His takedown defense is questionable, but he might jab the fuck out of Woodley's face...before losing a decision.

I agree, Nate and Nick's kryptonite has always been wrestlers. Mind you Woodley didn't go for a single takedown attempt in his last three fights (totally 75 minutes of ring time).

For all his wrestling credits, he doesn't often shoot for takedowns. Nate would light him up on the feet though (especially given Nate doesn't throw kicks) and that would likely encourage him to shoot.

I agree, Nate and Nick's kryptonite has always been wrestlers. Mind you Woodley didn't go for a single takedown attempt in his last three fights (totally 75 minutes of ring time).

For all his wrestling credits, he doesn't often shoot for takedowns. Nate would light him up on the feet though (especially given Nate doesn't throw kicks) and that would likely encourage him to shoot.

if it stays on the feet I could see nate wearing tyron down. But Woodley hits fuckin hard (looks like it at least), I wouldn't be that surprised if he tko'd nate off a big shot and gnp

if it stays on the feet I could see nate wearing tyron down. But Woodley hits fuckin hard (looks like it at least), I wouldn't be that surprised if he tko'd nate off a big shot and gnp

TKO Nate? Not likely. Tyron only has six KO finishes in 18 wins. The Lawler punch was the perfect shot. If you subtracted that he would get compared to Koschek (a strong wrestler with average standup and weak finishing skills). Plus Nate has one of the best chins in MMA.

I really don't get where people think Tyron is some kind of KO machine. Hell, Bisping fluke KO'd Rockhold and no one started saying he was a KO monster and he actually has a might higher finish ratio than Woodley.

TKO Nate? Not likely. Tyron only has six KO finishes in 18 wins. The Lawler punch was the perfect shot. If you subtracted that he would get compared to Koschek (a strong wrestler with average standup and weak finishing skills). Plus Nate has one of the best chins in MMA.

I really don't get where people think Tyron is some kind of KO machine. Hell, Bisping fluke KO'd Rockhold and no one started saying he was a KO monster and he actually has a might higher finish ratio than Woodley.

If Tyron wants to take thie fight to the ground he can do it at will every damn second of the fight.
He's going to whoop Nates ass with Ground and Pound.

I like Nate's chances in 5-round fights with opponents that aren't going to chop his legs with kicks. Woodley will undoubtedly dominate the first 2 rounds, but if he doesn't get Nate out of there before the Championship rounds, it's going to get ugly. Unlike Wonderboy, Nate is going to bring forward pressure throughout the fight that won't allow Woodley to fight at his comfortable pace.

I do not think TWood wrestles because he gasses so quickly. He used to be a rasslin' machine in SF but kept on gassing and almost losing, or losing, fights. The boxing will be interesting but I have no idea how Nate hurts him, when he could not even put out a blown out featherweight last time. If Nate does manage to pull the rabbit out of his hat, that means Conor's stock goes thru the roof.

by watching woodley's fights, it's obvious he is a very heavy hitter. Even fights that he doesn't finish make this clear, like the wonderboy fights. I'm not saying I think tyron will tko diaz, I'm saying it is certainly possible and wouldn't surprise me given tyrons power. At no point did I imply he is a knockout machine.

Lots of triggered CONOR fans posting tonight.

:)

Conor hadn't been mentioned even once in this thread when you posted, and has absolutely nothing to do with this fight. The topic doesn't even come close to involving Conor.

And yet ...

Someone is triggered, for sure.

by watching woodley's fights, it's obvious he is a very heavy hitter. Even fights that he doesn't finish make this clear, like the wonderboy fights. I'm not saying I think tyron will tko diaz, I'm saying it is certainly possible and wouldn't surprise me given tyrons power. At no point did I imply he is a knockout machine.

Fair enough but he has really only damaged wonderboy with shots. He knocked out Kim and a shot Koschek plus a 40 year old Hieron, barely split decisioned Gastelum and beat Condit by a freak leg injury. Only Condit of the 5 was ranked top 10 when he beat them.

Realistically the only top 10 guy he knocked out was Lawler.

He’s put up a hella of a fight against most of them though.

Back