Nate Diaz: "Everyone's on steroids." Then why are fighters like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva getting

A hell of a lot of guys have been caught actually, and big names too. Jones multiple, Anderson multiple, Werdum, Cro-Cop, Barnett, Mendes, Lesnar just to name a few. Multiple others have been a shell of their former selves since the strict testing has been implemented: Hendricks, Dos Santos, Overeem, etc... Bottom line it's working but there are still a lot of guys that think they can beat the system, still trying to get away with it. And, I'm sure many are, but it just takes 1 mistake to get busted.

“Everobody is on steroids”... Nate can’t exclude his name from that list. It’s either everybody(including Diaz) is on it, or it’s just those who get caught. Like two of Diaz’s teamates.

“Everobody is on steroids”... Nate can’t exclude his name from that list. It’s either everybody(including Diaz) is on it, or it’s just those who get caught. Like two of Diaz’s teamates.
Sure he can

Nate Diaz: "Everyone's on steroids." Then why are fighters like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva getting caught? Why not other fighters?

I don't understand. Was Nate Diaz joking when he said it?

Hell no, he was certainly not joking.

I don't really like either Diaz but Nate is bang on here, I've been saying this for years. With some of the richest and highest profile fighters being caught and at the same time, 95%+ of the roster not getting caught (while making 40-50k a year) simple logic dictates that a large percentage (probably large majority) of these fighters in fact ARE clean.

Fans of proven cheats like Jones, Silva, Belfort, etc. love to trot this line out "everybody is on steroids ". But simple facts and logic do not support this assertion.

The question isn’t whether or not he was kidding. The question is do you really consider Nate Diaz’ a reliable source as to whether or not all fighters are on steroids

Whenever I want an articulate, logically thought out opinion on something, I always go to Nate Diaz.

So he Nate is admitting that he's on steroids too? lol

When you see most of your friends start doing something and then you get asked that question you'll say "everyone is doing it". It's just a figure of speech.

I think you're implying that only the best fighters are getting caught? If so, that's bullshit. Plenty of low ranked or past their prime fighters have been caught, either trying to boost themselves up or extend their careers. Plenty of divisional GOATS ain't been caught.

Everyone is on steroids.

It’s as simple as that.

I think Nate knows more than us. He also isn't a bullshitter.
There was one time when he said he was starting out rolling bjj. And he found that the grapplers would go for a burrito after they rolled. And he said he was so poor that he could afford food, so his incentive was to go to Bjj daily because he knew he'd eat (the grapplers would buy him his burrito).

Found that one hard to believe considering those schools are pretty expensive.

There's a great documentary on netflix called Icarus. I recommend it to anyone who has some questions or just wants to watch a great documentary on I believe steroids, but could be PEDs, can't remember off the top of my head. They have masking agents, but I'm not gonna pretend to know anything other than what I've read and watched in documentaries.

I think a lot of fighters are on PEDs. Look at all the stupid synthetic pills they sell at gas stations, all the chemicals and shit in them. Now they have a piss test to look for those chemicals they have on their banned substances... They change the chemicals in those things constantly... the DEA rules one of them is illegal, so they change a molecule to something else, that does the same thing, now it's legal.

Don't take this as me saying I know all about chemicals and making those things. I've seen some documentaries on those pills and they go over it in that way.
Great Doc, it covers all of it.

Because who cares about the cheater who can't win anyway? The problem is the guy taking the spotlight due to cheating?

Honestly, try to start a thread right now about a guy who sucks that you know does steroids. See who cares.

because jones and silva did anabolics. it's so obvious from their voices alone

Personally I'd say a minimum of 50% of the top ten at any division are on gear at all times.

And also because top guys get tested like 10x as much

I think Nate knows more than us. He also isn't a bullshitter.

I think you're the first person to ever say that haha

Of course nate wasn't joking tho, I believe probably about half of them do steroids. I don't think every fighter in the UFC is juicing tho, but then again I may just be gullible.

Nate Diaz: "Everyone's on steroids." Then why are fighters like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva getting caught? Why not other fighters?

I don't understand. Was Nate Diaz joking when he said it?

You know Nates teammates Gilbert and Shields both got busted for steroids?

ne7c3jexia2kas1zrxem.jpg

It's kind of like speeding. 95% of people speed from time to time, but that does not mean that all of them get caught.

So Jones and Silva get caught speeding, multiple times.

But the cops never seem to pull the other 95% of roiders over even once?

There are better ways to estimate the percentage of roiders in the UFC.
By any method, it’s not 95%, it’s a much smaller number.

Back