News Fluffy Hernandez is OUT of his fight with Roman Dolidze at UFC 302 on June 1st

Damn.. I liked this matchup a lot.

Ikram has been training with Islam & co.

He should step in and fight Dolidze.

Excellent opportunity for him.
Book it fucking Maynard.

Aliskerov is a good as they come.. but his matchmaking is weird as fuck. From getting a top fighter in Costa to getting a blown up WW jobber as a replacement. I think he beats Dolidze who is good at very few things.

Only problem is that Ikram is already booked for a FN event on June 15th against Andre Muniz.

But I'd much rather see Ikram vs. Dolidze.

Definitely a harder matchup for Ikram though so not sure he takes it.

Zzzzz boring matchup made to build Ikram up. BJJ guy that wont get him down and doesn't have great standup

Jesus, Hernandez is his own worst enemy. How many times has he been injured and pulled out in the last few years at this point? I like what he brings to MW but he can't get any momentum together.

He's already booked against Muniz as has been said, but if they offer him Roman I wouldn't be surprised if he takes it considering it's a bigger/higher-ranked name. Though the Dagestani guys don't tend to take short-notice switch-ups very often.

Zzzzz boring matchup made to build Ikram up. BJJ guy that wont get him down and doesn't have great standup
I mean I agree, but it's not like Roman is that much better... Roman is pretty much the poster boy of "BJJ guy that won't get him down and doesn't have great standup".

I would agree that Dolidze is nominally still the more dangerous matchup on paper because he has power in his strikes and a lethal bottom game whereas with Muniz you only really have to worry about some empty volume on the feet and him trying to wrestlefuck you for three rounds in between the occasional sub attempt... but still, Roman has a lot of holes that are just as exploitable.

Jesus, Hernandez is his own worst enemy. How many times has he been injured and pulled out in the last few years at this point? I like what he brings to MW but he can't get any momentum together.

He's already booked against Muniz as has been said, but if they offer him Roman I wouldn't be surprised if he takes it considering it's a bigger/higher-ranked name. Though the Dagestani guys don't tend to take short-notice switch-ups very often.

I mean I agree, but it's not like Roman is that much better... Roman is pretty much the poster boy of "BJJ guy that won't get him down and doesn't have great standup".

I would agree that Dolidze is nominally still the more dangerous matchup on paper because he has power in his strikes and a lethal bottom game whereas with Muniz you only really have to worry about some empty volume on the feet and him trying to wrestlefuck you for three rounds in between the occasional sub attempt... but still, Roman has a lot of holes that are just as exploitable.

I agree and like you said Dolidze is just more dangerous in more aspects of the game.

word, he said he was done fucking up and getting in his own way like this, last post fight interview :(

I’d love this but most likely it’ll be some unranked can if the fight stays on the card at all.

Hopefully Pereira will take little damage in his fight and can get the Dolidze fight in 4 weeks, perfect way for him to get in the rankings.

Damn shame, Hernandez had my attention and was one of the fighters I was more interested in going forward.

He'll be back, I'm sure, but it's a shame the momentum doesn't continue quite as quickly or smoothly.

Damn shame, Hernandez had my attention and was one of the fighters I was more interested in going forward.

He'll be back, I'm sure, but it's a shame the momentum doesn't continue quite as quickly or smoothly.

It's hard for me to stay excited about him because this is a recurring theme for him.

817444e085ab3b08b214de58526f8fab.png

I mean good lord, look at that amount of scrapped bouts. Granted, a few of those weren't his fault, but still. Dude has an issue staying active along with some pretty bad luck to boot.

It's hard for me to stay excited about him because this is a recurring theme for him.

817444e085ab3b08b214de58526f8fab.png

I mean good lord, look at that amount of scrapped bouts. Granted, a few of those weren't his fault, but still. Dude has an issue staying active along with some pretty bad luck to boot.

Shame really.

Kinda a once-a-year fighter at this point. 2019 and 2022 are the only years on that list where he competed twice.

Hopefully he gets back in there before the years out, sooner the better!

Nooooo...

This was going to be a layup for him. Dolidze doesn't have an answer for ppl BJJ experience.

Damn a shame. Sad to see a talented prospect suffer an injury setback. They already gotta win so many fights just to get a title shot so even a single setback can be devastating.

That was legit one of the best fights on the card, gutted.

Back