Media *** The Official Ronda Rousey Mega Thread *** (UPDATED)

I'd see her at pretty much every Judo tournament.

My instructor knows her well (his dad was a big name in Judo for a long time)

She was nice, funny, making jokes a lot.
I guess the best way to describe her "intensity" is like a grumpy grandpa, in a way anyway.

I mean I saw her get pissed off when the refs made bad calls. Judo refs are notoriously bad so it wasn't uncalled for, that's for sure.

But yeah, she was always cool from what I saw. Taught me a couple cool little tricks for Judo
Super cool to hear. Thx for sharing.

Now I want to watch Fight quests

Also, Ronda should have named her son Sue.
It would have been kinder.

There is a professor of psychology (Indian woman, don't even ask me to get her name right) that says all Sociopaths are Narcissists. Ronda may be both...
She doesn't exhibit any of the signs of sociopathy (committing crimes without regret, manipulating others, lying, having no conscience, etc). Narcissism yes. An inflated ego and a need for attention, and negative reaction to not getting it.

Having specific narcissist characteristics/traits is literally what makes someone a psychopath. The term is just how they medical identify what anti-social personality disorder you have (narcissist characteristics are almost always found in sociopaths, psychopaths, and Machiavellianism).

They are two distinct things. She doesn't exhibit any of the signs of sociopathy (lying, manipulation, lack of a conscience). Sometimes a bitch with an ego is just a bitch with an ego.

8ohj33.jpg

IIRC he had an interview and talked about Goldie and how he could not do Goldies job.
Lots of praises.
A few weeks later Goldie got sacked from UFC and not a word was heard from Rogan.

It took years before he spoke about Goldie again.

Yeah...he's a self-centered piece of shit, with Dana's balls to his chin 24/7.

I heard that about her years ago, even before she joined the WWE (where she gets complaints like that in wrestling as well).

From my anecdotal experience, a lot of Olympians from the States are like that. They are pretty smug.

She certainly has shown narcissistic behavior. Would not be surprised if she has a personality disorder.

She is the textbook definition of a psychopath (artificial charm, defensive to criticism, inability to admit guilt, lack of empathy, impulsive). To make matters worst alot of psychos also have either depression or anxiety so it makes it even harder to be around them
That's why you pray for those people and hope they will overcome their demons. I used to make fun of her but it's actually pathetic on both accounts.

This is what happens when someone avoids problematic styles. Strong stand up fighters showed the holes in her game. In the same way, Conor lost to the first full camp wrestler he faced. Alex has 2 titles without ever fighting a grappler.
Strange thing to say. Most of McGregor's losses are not from wrestlers.

I'm assuming you mean Khabib, who is not really a "wrestler" either. He is not really the same type of fighter as Randy Courture, Phil Davis, Josh Koscheck, etc. Khabib is a highly versatile grappler with top tier cardio, not some insane wrestler. Many people in MMA can "outwrestle" Khabib.

McGregor doesn't have a notable massive hole in his wrestling. He did better against Khabib than most of Khabib's opponents. One of the few rounds Khabib lost in his career was from his inability to takedown McGregor.

McGregor's wrestling is nothing like Ronda's weakness to getting punched in in her chin that is high in the air.

Yes and also, this was 9 years ago ffs!

Imagine the TUF noob era and a fighter complaining and going off on people about shit that happened in 1996. That shit would be viewed as comical and satire. Like seriously, different decade and in her case, it was Pre-Covid era, you think with all the world event, she would learn to either let it go or keep it private.

At this point she's burned almost every bridge and is trying to milk whatever fame she has left with her memoir book. Targeted audience soccer moms who never actually followed her career. This means Ronda and her Ghost writers can exaggerate to the max and those moms won't know the difference.

I guess on the bright side she continues to give us some laughs

I'm assuming you mean Khabib, who is not really a "wrestler" either. He is not really the same type of fighter as Randy Courture, Phil Davis, Josh Koscheck, etc. Khabib is a highly versatile grappler with top tier cardio, not some insane wrestler. Many people in MMA can "outwrestle" Khabib.
This is the most ludicrous claim I've seen all week

Funny, she considers herself a conservative MAGA tradwife.
Ya, “she considers herself”, because she’s as delusional about that as she was about her striking ability.

Isn’t “trad” supposed to be a stay at home and cook type while the man makes the money? You think Travis is the breadwinner in that house?

This is the most ludicrous claim I've seen all week

This is another way of saying you have no idea how to parse through grappling and ground fighters.

Look more closer to how Khabib actually fights instead of thinking "oh, he beats guys up on the ground, he's a wrestler".

But sure, McGregor is exactly like Ronda because he lost to a wrestler! Who is a samboist with a judo background that is as extensive as his wrestling background (more extensive, actually). When McGregor had already lost to a guy with terrible wrestling before that.

But yeah, McGregor lost to a world champion in Sambo who out struck him and leveraged judoka and catch principles against him while also getting stopped at least three times by guys who are boxers with terrible wrestling. Clearly, his kryptonite is wrestling.

Last edited:

She's actually right in this case. Rogan was such an ass kisser when it came to her and the turn around was very extreme. He was acting like every single thing she did was absolutely top notch - top level shit. Cried over seeing her win in Brazil. Said her striking was absolutely elite. You couldn't tell the guy shit.

Reactions: HHJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back