Name one movie that is better than The Shawshank Redemption

Shawshank is a perfect movie. It would have to be a mod thing in order to watch something else. Like a Comedy or a horror movie kinda mood.
The only competition for straight up channel switching would be:

The Terminator
Jaws
Aliens
The Matrix
Tombstone

I never understood all the love for Shawshank Redemption. Yes it's a good movie but not the GOAT as some treat it.

Don't you hate it when you're in the parking lot and in a hurry and forget where you parked and finally find the damn car and try to start it but for some reason the key doesn't fit in the ignition and you jam it in over and over again and get so furious you beat on the steering wheel and scream so loud and rip the fuzzy dice off the mirror in a fit of passionate anger and then realize you don't own fuzzy car dice and this isn't your vehicle so you find your real vehicle and get an ice cream at Dairy Queen to calm yourself down cause you're really overheated?

Full Metal Jacket

Love the opening Boot Camp Scene.

The Dark Knight.

It’s better than The Godfather you know.

Shawshank redemption is a good movie, but it is not a movie I would like to see many times.

Bloodsport..

And it's never on.

so many-
first off anything with Arnold in it
anything with Steve McQueen in it
Jaws
original Planet of the apes
pretty much everything everyone else has mentioned
Shawshank isn't even the best prison movie, Green Mile is
and on that any thing with Sam Rockwell........... seriously check out "Moon" if you haven't seen it

Quite a lot of things . But I've got Shawshank on DVD and what not so I can put it on anytime...

but- Alien, Amelie, Jaws for a few..

Don't get me wrong Shawshank Redemption is virtually a perfect movie, but 12 Angry men at the least matches it or even surpasses it in terms of on the edge of your seat drama.

Back