Movies Is The Shawshank Redemption and Pulp Fiction the two best movies in the last 30 years?

Is The Shawshank Redemption and Pulp Fiction the two best movies in the last 30 years?

• Total voters
Uma Thurman is soo fucking ugly. Couldn't vote. Shawshank should not even be mentioned with that garbage pump fiction.
I might be thinking of Kill Bill or w/e that shit movie was called. But still, I would pick Shawshank and Forrest Gump over pump fiction.
You call her ugly but I know you would because I would and we could together. She might just be the best smoker of all time and you can't insult people on the looks they were born with imo and if she smokes the best smoke I'm sure you'd marry her. Not me though I'm too afraid of commitment.

Lotta noes in this thread, but not many suggestions as to what's really better.

For me, no.

Natural Born Killers >>> Pulp Fiction

Can't think of anything to take on Shawshank, Schindler's List maybe?

You call her ugly but I know you would because I would and we could together. She might just be the best smoker of all time and you can't insult people on the looks they were born with imo and if she smokes the best smoke I'm sure you'd marry her. Not me though I'm too afraid of commitment.
How do you know im into smoking fetish? Thats fucking creepy bro.

Reactions: 666
Legit in my top 5 comedies. People still don't get how smart of a film it is, took the piss out of the whole movie industry.
just because execs were dumb & gave tom green fuck you money to make a movie, does not make Freddy Got Fingered a smart movie. it’s not even really a cleverly masked movie.

but is it the heaping pile of dog shit it’s painted as? yes… but also, no. because it’s supposed to be dog shit.

just because execs were dumb & gave tom green fuck you money to make a movie, does not make Freddy Got Fingered a smart movie. it’s not even really a cleverly masked movie.

but is it the heaping pile of dog shit it’s painted as? yes… but also, no. because it’s supposed to be dog shit.

Very good review

I wouldn't say they are the two best, but they are definitely among the best.

But i quit smoking 20 years ago, but hot chicks who smoke still turn me on.
Are you nostril doomus?
His reincarnation but mostly people refer to me as The One.

Pulp Fiction was great but so was Inglorious Bastards and Django Unchained. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was good too, as far as Quentin Tarantino goes.

Forest gump,saving private ryan and shaw shank maybe pulp fiction is pretty mediocre. Even Philadelphia was better than pulp fiction.

Is so many really good movies and movies better than them. I know it’s subjective, but claiming these two as the best is like “has anyone made burgers better than McDonald’s or Burger King in the last 30 years”. The answer is yes.

Me personally something this simple True Romance > Pulp Fiction. But again subjectivity I think a few Tarantino movies I liked better (subjectively).

I'd guess the issue is that in the mid 90's you had a certain kind of film which was popular that a lot of Sherdog grew up with, the big "Prestige Drama" like Shawshank, Gump, Private Ryan, etc the "Hanks era".

Personally I was never much of a fan of this stuff, maybe Gladiator at the tail end of it but I think that genuinely looked/sounded great and had some great performances but a lot of the rest just seem like really shmaltzy dramas with an inflated sense of their own importance.

Uma Thurman is soo fucking ugly. Couldn't vote. Shawshank should not even be mentioned with that garbage pump fiction.
I might be thinking of Kill Bill or w/e that shit movie was called. But still, I would pick Shawshank and Forrest Gump over pump fiction.
Uma Thurman is not ugly

Very good review

i’ve seen it. jay’s super embellished plaudits for the movie are great for convincing the unconvinced that Freddy Got Fingered deserves reappraisal, but aren’t necessarily worth aggrandizing some unspoken, undiscovered, hidden brilliance or nuance

i’ve seen it. jay’s super embellished plaudits for the movie are great for convincing the unconvinced that Freddy Got Fingered deserves reappraisal, but aren’t necessarily worth aggrandizing some unspoken, undiscovered, hidden brilliance or nuance
Everything he's says is correct.

GOOD WILL HUNTING is better than both of those movies. I'll never get the love for Pulp Fiction. Shawshank redemption was saved by Morgan Freeman for me. Never cared for Tim Robbins as a actor

Their correct in that Tom Green was making a film lampooning the typical US comedy kind of plot of the era, espeically that formerly more edgy comedians would end up in such films were "believe in yourself" or some romance or family issues cheese were the focus. To be honest I'm not sure how anyone missed that at the time, seems pretty obvious its not trying to be a genuine take on those things but I spose this is the era where americans didnt pick up on the irony in Starship Troopers.

How good it actually was? I think a bit too dependant on bad taste stuff to be genuinely great for me but it certainly had its moments when it went more for plain strangeness.

Last edited:
Back