My theory on why Xenomorphs are so violent...

I think you’re a great poster and a good dude but I don’t have any respect for “creationism” - saying that as an Irish Catholic

I too like you as a poster

And have laughed at my desk many a day on the things you've posted over the years

So from one nerd to another how do you think the universe was created and how do you think this domed terrarium called earth came to be?

there is only one answer to defeat such a threat

images

Just imagine the battle of the dickheads

Don't have to imagine I lurk the heavies often and sometimes I even throw a post in to the war room

Dickhead heaven

I watched Aliens Covenant Last night. and as you can suspect without me spoiling anything is that the Creatures kill everything they see. I'd go into more detail but I don't want to spoil it but basically they are a genetically engineered biological weapon / lifeform.

That said I got to thinking in comparison to real world examples and other sci fi media. And the conclusion I came to is that we should halt all research and development of Artificial Intelligence systems because like the xenomorph the thing is going to end up like its progenitors violent and emotionally unstable (us) and here's why.

As a Christian (hear me out) I believe that the bible is true. And one story in the bible that I've always found in intriguing is the story of the tower of Babel.

In the book of Jasher one of the Apocrypha's that was banned from the bible. It states that God himself came down to see what mankind was building. God surmised that if he did not confuse the language that Mankind would actually complete the Tower and nothing would be beyond the realm of possibility for humankind.

We are essentially artificial autonomous intelligence soul/software housed in an extremely advanced piece of bio tech our human body. And in genesis we started disobeying, the first person actually born in Cain was a murderer, and after the flood the descendants of Noah were trying to build a tower to make war with God?!?

In comparison to many SCi Fi themes of Artificial Intelligence turning on its creators. I think it's fair to assume that if we continue on this path because of our innately violent nature the thing that we create will be violent too and eventually grow or advance beyond our control. And in the words of Reese from the Terminator could "decide our fate in a micro second"

So are you fine with the development of systems like Cortana, and SKYNET ? or do you think work on such things should stop?

It's a completely hypothetical question because no one is going to stop researching it, ever.

The first military to develop general AI wins every confrontation, their country owns the world's resources within hours and ensures complete dominance.

That or something weird happens, like it kills us, or disappears or is benign and refuses to play and that's the simple shit. We don't know what could happen.

All everyone knows is they have to have it first.

Don't have to imagine I lurk the heavies often and sometimes I even throw a post in to the war room

Dickhead heaven
LOL, you lurking in the Heavies. I haven't been in the Heavies after the first six months of my time on Sherdog. It's like all the mentally challenged roidheads from BB.com decided to come over and live out their fighting fantasy. I'll pass

Low key Forrest Gump quote?
the waterboy

When the science teacher was explaining why the fact that alligators are so aggressive because of their medulla oblongata, Bobby Boucher responded with the "all them teeth and no toothbrush i why they are so mean"

the waterboy

When the science teacher was explaining why the fact that alligators are so aggressive because of their medulla oblongata, Bobby Boucher responded with the "all them teeth and no toothbrush i why they are so mean"
That's what it was! Thanks for that, I knew it was a movie quote from a retard(no insult meant, fellow Sherdoggers)

I too like you as a poster

And have laughed at my desk many a day on the things you've posted over the years

So from one nerd to another how do you think the universe was created and how do you think this domed terrarium called earth came to be?

I feel like everyone has a long answer to that and I’m no different. (Long one or too short of one. Mine is long!)

... I tend to accept the scientific communities’ findings. Mostly we the best answer I have heard on the subject it “we’re not sure but we’re looking into it” - The scientific method the best path to follow for answering these questions.
If someone comes up with a theory that can be tested and disproven, then they test it, and accept the results - even if they don’t like them or they contradict their life’s work, then to me that is a result that can be trusted.

If the origin of the universe was divine it, I like to imagine we came from a divine spark that we are capable of slowly unravelling the mysteries of. That the bible set us out on a journey and didn’t lay out a final answer, which is why we can interpret it and why so many people find new personal truths in it day after day for century upon century.

In my own head the bible makes me think there had to be a first emotion in the universe. A first thought. A first word. The origins of the universe aren’t just physical and they are for us to discover, just like our own paths in life. We’re guided in one direction or another but we have to use our powers of perception and toolmaking and reasoning to move further and further towards the answer to that question.

The bible seems to me a gift to allow us to reflect on and interpret and learn from, not to explain the origin of the universe but to help us understand that we have always felt the answer to that question is important - our spirit or soul or humanity or consciousness is always reaching and trying to find meaning and answers - that’s all I can say..

That's what it was! Thanks for that, I knew it was a movie quote from a retard(no insult meant, fellow Sherdoggers)
funny thing is when I read the thread title that was the first thing I thought of too but he just beat me to it.

I've already admitted I'm a retard, so I know I wasn't insulted.

Let me clarify I'm not saying our sentience is derived from some advanced e AI software or code developed by an intellect and power billions(probably) of years old

Its just the more thought I give to the question of why are we here? What is this all about?

My mind explores many far out aspects and possibilities It seems that in religion and sci fi

anytime an intelligent power or being created something that thing goes haywire and starts killing itself or trying to destroy its creator

Like seen in the tower of Babel nimrod was tying to ascend to heaven to make war with God for the flood

And what I've always found amazing is that God said if he didn't confound the language "nothing would be impossible for humankind"

Jesus when speaking to his disciples called us Gods? Jus saying....I think too much

Accept Jesus and get saved sherbros
Thanks for answering...But I was more curious where you learned the concept of our human bodies containing software.

Thanks for answering...But I was more curious where you learned the concept of our human bodies containing software.
Just checking on you Mr. Grey. Looks like you are going to be a winner.

I heard that the
android who engineered them used wasps as some type of genetic template for their creation.

THEPROTESTANTSDIDTHIS.GIF

Only after seeing the advances of computing and software development over the past few years I think what we think as mystical or magic or witchcraft is some very advanced technology probably millions of years old

We are born with preprogrammed autonomic functions and learn at an exponential rate during our first 4 years

I think our progenitors were able to transform their conscious energetic states of being or soul /spirit form

Into a physical form by a process so advanced it seems like magic anyway I'm probably wrong.

whatever way God created us he did create us and we better find out what he wants and obey it

I watched Aliens Covenant Last night. and as you can suspect without me spoiling anything is that the Creatures kill everything they see. I'd go into more detail but I don't want to spoil it but basically they are a genetically engineered biological weapon / lifeform.

That said I got to thinking in comparison to real world examples and other sci fi media. And the conclusion I came to is that we should halt all research and development of Artificial Intelligence systems because like the xenomorph the thing is going to end up like its progenitors violent and emotionally unstable (us) and here's why.

As a Christian (hear me out) I believe that the bible is true. And one story in the bible that I've always found in intriguing is the story of the tower of Babel.

In the book of Jasher one of the Apocrypha's that was banned from the bible. It states that God himself came down to see what mankind was building. God surmised that if he did not confuse the language that Mankind would actually complete the Tower and nothing would be beyond the realm of possibility for humankind.

We are essentially artificial autonomous intelligence soul/software housed in an extremely advanced piece of bio tech our human body. And in genesis we started disobeying, the first person actually born in Cain was a murderer, and after the flood the descendants of Noah were trying to build a tower to make war with God?!?

In comparison to many SCi Fi themes of Artificial Intelligence turning on its creators. I think it's fair to assume that if we continue on this path because of our innately violent nature the thing that we create will be violent too and eventually grow or advance beyond our control. And in the words of Reese from the Terminator could "decide our fate in a micro second"

So are you fine with the development of systems like Cortana, and SKYNET ? or do you think work on such things should stop?
I've had my eye on this thread from the beginning but I didn't know how to explain it in something less than a small book.

You see, I have fairies living in and around my crib and finally one of them gave me the answer telepathically.

This is a pissed off fairy:

Notice some of the similarities to an "alien."

A long time ago, a fairy was a tinkering around, as fairies tend to do. The result was a form of biological AI.

This was crafter into what we have been shown in the movies as the "alien phenomena."

The Fairies, when compared to a lot of the other tribes, are small physically. Other tribes saw this as a weakness so a solution to outsider aggression was created to protect them and especially their Queen. Call her Tinker Bell. LOL

Let's just say that it is wise to be nice to Faries and to stay out of the Queen's hive.

It's a completely hypothetical question because no one is going to stop researching it, ever.

The first military to develop general AI wins every confrontation, their country owns the world's resources within hours and ensures complete dominance.

That or something weird happens, like it kills us, or disappears or is benign and refuses to play and that's the simple shit. We don't know what could happen.

All everyone knows is they have to have it first.

Yeah I think that a lot of what is seen in movies like Alien covenant blade runner, the terminator is some type of predictive programming

Its just what I believe based on the biblical story's is that when God s AI creations were shown to be such a massive disappointment when infected by the virus code of sin adam and eve interfaced with God eventually had to Drown everything
The same malicious code or sin that

Lucifer and the Watchers already had as a part of their genetic now up
The thing is whatever this highly advanced malicious self replicating code that I believe Sin is ...You aren't really controlled by it it just surfaces when certain stimuli activate it sex envy pride lust anger sadness

I'm probably wrong I think too much lol

Yeah I think that a lot of what is seen in movies like Alien covenant blade runner, the terminator is some type of predictive programming

Its just what I believe based on the biblical story's is that when God s AI creations were shown to be such a massive disappointment when infected by the virus code of sin adam and eve interfaced with God eventually had to Drown everything
The same malicious code or sin that

Lucifer and the Watchers already had as a part of their genetic now up
The thing is whatever this highly advanced malicious self replicating code that I believe Sin is ...You aren't really controlled by it it just surfaces when certain stimuli activate it sex envy pride lust anger sadness

I'm probably wrong I think too much lol

The Predator is the Draconian warrior caste.

Interesting thought but the xenomorph doesn't really disobey its creator, david made those things to be what they are and they behaved as he expected.

I agree with your view on AI being an inherently bad thing but I'm not sure this is the example to prove your point.

I've had my eye on this thread from the beginning but I didn't know how to explain it in something less than a small book.

You see, I have fairies living in and around my crib and finally one of them gave me the answer telepathically.

This is a pissed off fairy:

Notice some of the similarities to an "alien."

A long time ago, a fairy was a tinkering around, as fairies tend to do. The result was a form of biological AI.

This was crafter into what we have been shown in the movies as the "alien phenomena."

The Fairies, when compared to a lot of the other tribes, are small physically. Other tribes saw this as a weakness so a solution to outsider aggression was created to protect them and especially their Queen. Call her Tinker Bell. LOL

Let's just say that it is wise to be nice to Faries and to stay out of the Queen's hive.

Fairies, genies, vampires, werewolves, centaurs, pan, Giants..all these things were/are real

The thing is the source from which they emanate and that is Satan Lucifer, prometheus, pan, all roads evil lead to him and his rebel angels

They've come in many names throughout history greek gods titans, Roman dietys pagan deities heathen gods thor, Odin brahama Shiva budda Allah

All are guises for Satan and his multitude of rebel Angel followers

And what's scary is that work is being done in secret labs and satanic agents in the occult through witchcraft practices to bring these thi ngs back

Jesus said as the days of Noah were so will the earth be before the return of the son of man

Prepare yourselves sherbros accept Jesus and get saved

Interesting thought but the xenomorph doesn't really disobey its creator, david made those things to be what they are and they behaved as he expected.

I agree with your view on AI being an inherently bad thing but I'm not sure this is the example to prove your point.

Good take

I just think when something that is warlike or has the capacity for evil creates a sentient being even if the results were supposed to be :eek::eek::eek::eek: the Tyrell corps replicants the end result is rebellion and war

God created man without THE knowledge of good or evil and some how they I terraced with malicious sin code that infected them and self replicates down to is today

That's why were going to get new bodies after the 1000 year dispensation free from the malicious code of sin

Fairies, genies, vampires, werewolves, centaurs, pan, Giants..all these things were/are real

The thing is the source from which they emanate and that is Satan Lucifer, prometheus, pan, all roads evil lead to him and his rebel angels

They've come in many names throughout history greek gods titans, Roman dietys pagan deities heathen gods thor, Odin brahama Shiva budda Allah

All are guises for Satan and his multitude of rebel Angel followers

And what's scary is that work is being done in secret labs and satanic agents in the occult through witchcraft practices to bring these thi ngs back

Jesus said as the days of Noah were so will the earth be before the return of the son of man

Prepare yourselves sherbros accept Jesus and get saved

Just be careful there. As it is with humans who can choose between the light and dark, so it is with the other tribes as well. There are all kinds of agendas on the tribe level and also the individual. Think of a big meat grinder that is getting stuffed with everything possible and take a look at what comes out of the other end.

Strange sausage.

Back