My theory on why Xenomorphs are so violent...

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I watched Aliens Covenant Last night. and as you can suspect without me spoiling anything is that the Creatures kill everything they see. I'd go into more detail but I don't want to spoil it but basically they are a genetically engineered biological weapon / lifeform.

That said I got to thinking in comparison to real world examples and other sci fi media. And the conclusion I came to is that we should halt all research and development of Artificial Intelligence systems because like the xenomorph the thing is going to end up like its progenitors violent and emotionally unstable (us) and here's why.

As a Christian (hear me out) I believe that the bible is true. And one story in the bible that I've always found in intriguing is the story of the tower of Babel.

In the book of Jasher one of the Apocrypha's that was banned from the bible. It states that God himself came down to see what mankind was building. God surmised that if he did not confuse the language that Mankind would actually complete the Tower and nothing would be beyond the realm of possibility for humankind.

We are essentially artificial autonomous intelligence soul/software housed in an extremely advanced piece of bio tech our human body. And in genesis we started disobeying, the first person actually born in Cain was a murderer, and after the flood the descendants of Noah were trying to build a tower to make war with God?!?

In comparison to many SCi Fi themes of Artificial Intelligence turning on its creators. I think it's fair to assume that if we continue on this path because of our innately violent nature the thing that we create will be violent too and eventually grow or advance beyond our control. And in the words of Reese from the Terminator could "decide our fate in a micro second"

So are you fine with the development of systems like Cortana, and SKYNET ? or do you think work on such things should stop?

Last edited:
As a Christian (hear me out) I believe that the bible is true. And one story in the bible that I've always found in intriguing is the story of the tower of Babel.
QUOTE]
Read that story. Then read it again. Sit back and really think about it. We've far surpassed anything going on during that story (trying to build a tower to reach god). We now fly into space. We have gone to other planets. We are capable of viewing planets from other solar systems. We can see details of stars in other galaxies.

God has never tried to stop us.

That story is BS and was an attempt of ancient humans to explain why there are different languages.

Because they have all them teeth and no toothbrush.

Because they have all them teeth and no toothbrush.
images

I'm fairly certain that most of the cities and places mentioned in the bible post flood have been discovered to include the site for the Tower of babel. even Noah's Ark has been found in Turkey.

Got to the part about the bible being true, in this thread about why Xenomorphs are angry... and couldn't get any further.

They're angry because god told them you touch yourself at night.

I'm fairly certain that most of the cities and places mentioned in the bible post flood have been discovered to include the site for the Tower of babel. even Noah's Ark has been found in Turkey.

Noah's Ark has not been found in Turkey.

Fuck xenomorphs. They weren't even originally called that, it was fan driven.
The films just needed a big, invincible threat (that could be overcome) that was the central conflict of the stories.
Beyond that, like so many things, overthinking it takes the mystery out of it, the unknown is a lot of the appeal.

The bible was never meant to be taken literally or used as a historic account of events.

I'm gonna make a thread about why God is angry and use my literal interpretation of the movie Aliens to explain it.

I watched Aliens Covenant Last night. and as you can suspect without me spoiling anything is that the Creatures kill everything they see. I'd go into more detail but I don't want to spoil it but basically they are a genetically engineered biological weapon / lifeform.

That said I got to thinking in comparison to real world examples and other sci fi media. And the conclusion I came to is that we should halt all research and development of Artificial Intelligence systems because like the xenomorph the thing is going to end up like the its progenitors violent and emotionally unstable (us) and here's why.

In the book of Jasher one of the Apocrypha's that was banned from the bible. It states that God himself came down to see what mankind was building. God surmised that if he did not confuse the language that Mankind would actually complete the Tower and nothing would be beyond the realm of possibility for humankind.

We are essentially artificial autonomous intelligence soul/software housed in an extremely advanced piece of bio tech our human body. And in genesis we started disobeying, the first person actually born in Cain was a murderer, and after the flood the descendants of Noah were trying to build a tower to make war with God?!?

In comparison to many SCi Fi themes of Artificial Intelligence turning on its creators. I think it's fair to assume that if we continue on this path because of our innately violent nature the thing that we create will be violent too and eventually grow or advance beyond our control. And in the words of Reese from the Terminator could "decide our fate in a micro second"

So are you fine with the development of systems like Cortana, and SKYNET ? or do you think work on such things should stop?
Your Deep Thoughts are a lot longer than your father's

In the first Alien, Ash comments on the Xenomorph being biologically perfect, entirely hostile in it's make up, perfect at what it does without flaw, it's along those lines.

The Xenomorph represents an organic food chain, only the strong surviving and it is right at the top, so engineered for this that even it's blood is acidic so as to kill one means you likely die or get fatally wounded yourself.

Going into the prequels we see so far that they are intended as a weapon to wipe out civilizations, David is fascinated with them and continues to engineer them until they are 'perfect'.

So in their purity the Xenomorph are 100% instinctive creatures, bred only to kill and hunt and to do it perfectly without hesitation.

The beautiful irony of it all is that in their perfection lies their greatest weakness, they cannot evolve, their greatest weapon is their greatest flaw.

God bless, Alien

Back