My negative review of shock doctor basix compression short w/ adult flex cup

shagy said:
anyone that has this product: does the cup fit securely to your body?

Yes, very much so.

Is it possible you got a size too big? I honestly have no complaints about SD compression shorts with the flex cup and I've been using them for about 14 months now.

Amazing , someone complaining about not getting chaf***e. Dude it's supposed to float there. If your that worried about getting pinched wear jock strap under the shorts.

I personally didnt like the cup. XO pro from dickssportinggoods.com is awsome with the shock doctors. I've taken many huge blows to the jewels with this setup and all it did was give me a short break cause everyone else thinks your hurt.

Superbeast said:
Is it possible you got a size too big? I honestly have no complaints about SD compression shorts with the flex cup and I've been using them for about 14 months now.

What he's talking about isn't a sizing issue...

I'm going to post some pictures tomorrow to explain how it works. Basically, since the fabric that's in between your junk at the pouch isn't cut to have room it makes it impossible for the cup to fit snugly against MY body. (Edited to remove the sand from skeet's vagina)

Normal jockstrap pouches are cut to have room like this:

)))

The first ) is your junk, the second ) is your jock and the third ) is the cup.

The Shock Doctor shorts are like this:

)|)

The first ) is your junk, the | is the Shock Doctor shorts and the third ) is the cup.

The shorts prevent the cup from sitting tight against MY body. (Edited to remove the sand from skeet's vagina)

I'm not saying that this is good or bad... for some people, like me, the original poster, and some others on this board it's really uncomfortable and leads to getting your sack pinched. Other people don't mind the float... other's don't even experience it.

amphibious said:
Basically, since the fabric that's in between your junk at the pouch isn't cut to have room it makes it impossible for the cup to fit snugly against your body.
If it's "impossible", but yet I experience it, does that mean I don't exist?

skeet said:
If it's "impossible", but yet I experience it, does that mean I don't exist?

Yawn... you never quit do you?

Just because it's a perfect cup for you doesn't mean it's a perfect cup for everyone else. You constantly seem offended that some people feel otherwise and nitpick every little word and phrase to attempt to disprove how the product works for them. It doesn't work for everyone... the many many threads about this product prove that. Some people like it, some people hate it.

Are you a Shock Doctor employee? What's your interested in defending this product so voraciously? What's the point of a review forum if people can't be negative about a product?

I only nitpick when people make ridiculous statements which include words like "impossible"

I'm not offended in the slightest. But thank you for being so concerned.

This is a discussion forum. You make a point, I make a point, we discuss. You say something is impossible, I disagree. Science marches on.

skeet said:
I only nitpick when people make ridiculous statements which include words like "impossible"

Nothing like arguing semantics...

Here's a quick drawing explaining the situation:

shockdoctor.gif

This is compounded by the fact that the pouch is big, much bigger (at least vertical space) than the cup it comes with, and far bigger than a standard steel cup, so there's plenty of room for it to move up and down. If the outside part of the pouch were tighter, or more adjustable this might solve the problem... but it's not. In fact, thinking about it... if they simply reversed the material (putting the loose outside material on the inside and putting the tight inside compression material on the outside) this product might be awesome.

Maybe I'll try wearing them inside out.

thx amphibious, i couldn't describe it better.

i just thought that maybe if i cut that restricting fabric it could work...but wtf y shouldnt have to buy a $30 product then gghetto rig it when my $10 big 5 jockstrap works better...i just dont like the jock because i get wedgies.

on another note i sent a email to the company and have yet to recieve a reply...i hope they aren't ignoring their costumers concerns, now thta i think about it, the email went out before the weekend...they should respond soon.

shagy said:
on another note i sent a email to the company and have yet to recieve a reply...i hope they aren't ignoring their costumers concerns, now thta i think about it, the email went out before the weekend...they should respond soon.

Don't hold your breath... I did the exact same thing, inquiring how the product is intended to work and never got a response.

I get my Shock Doctor C-Shorts w/Cup in a couple of days from now...and if the cup doesnt do its thing, i'm probably going to invest in a XO cup or w/e that is..I dont know where to buy it but people have said that it's the best Combo. Shock Doctor + XO flex cup. :p

amphibious said:
Don't hold your breath... I did the exact same thing, inquiring how the product is intended to work and never got a response.

wow, that's quite unprofessional

I have both the XO pro jock and the SD compression shorts. I prefer the fit of the XO jock. Maybe it was years of playing baseball, but I don't ever experience chaffing. With that in mind, I prefer a tight fit against my body and the with the SD's sometimes I worry about my boys position. Still, I prefer to wear the SD whenever I roll, because MMA shorts tend to show and tell.

I have not tried the SD shorts with the XO cup. I'll try that tonight. People also suggest going with the windy steel cup if you plan on doing some heavy sparring. When I get around to ordering that one, I'll try it too.

Bottom line - to each his own.

What is the cup like? Does it actually flex? You'd think that'd be a problem if you got hammered in the sack.

The majority of the material used to make either cup is hard plastic. However, they have made the edges out of a flexible rubber material rather than a hard plastic. That way the edges don't cut into you with every step. Which is nice.

the xo cup is much mor flexible on the sides which makes it more comfortable IMO.

I feel exactly the same way about the SD shorts as my froggy friend, his illustrations are spot on.

I've gone back to a jock with UA shorts over that.

Shagy, have you tried inside out yet?

I'm a genius... I think I'm going to start a company that sells inside out Shock Doctors... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back