My negative review of shock doctor basix compression short w/ adult flex cup

amphibious said:
Shagy, have you tried inside out yet?

I'm a genius... I think I'm going to start a company that sells inside out Shock Doctors... :D

What does flipping it inside out do, that'll benefit my balls.

mackz said:
What does flipping it inside out do, that'll benefit my balls.

Read the thread. If you have the problem that Shagy and I have, then this'll fix it.

amphibious said:
Read the thread. If you have the problem that Shagy and I have, then this'll fix it.

Sweet....I've never worn a cup but from reading what you were saying it definately seems like i'd want the compressive material on the outside of the cup holding it tight....sounds like either way I end up feeling comfortable i'll be set, just swap from normal to inside out and see which feels best

i will deff. try that soon, ive been soo pissed at these shorts, it seems this will solve it all

I've got a question. Do you guys wear your boxers underneath the shorts?

RTL said:
I've got a question. Do you guys wear your boxers underneath the shorts?

I've read somewhere that, you're supposed to go command and wear nothing at all..since it's compression fit (close to body) but i could be wrong.

mackz said:
I've read somewhere that, you're supposed to go command and wear nothing at all..since it's compression fit (close to body) but i could be wrong.
Yeah, I'm wearing them without boxers right now, it feels about right. I was just worried about having them washed everyday.

RTL said:
Yeah, I'm wearing them without boxers right now, it feels about right. I was just worried about having them washed everyday.

I washed mine every day until I decided to stop peeing on them.

i do not where anything under my jockstrap or compression shorts when i wear either.

on a second note, amphibious i tried wearing them inside out, they definetely are better than wearing them regular, but my jockstrap still provides the best fit for me...but wedgies r killin me man...im still contimplating what i'll do, worse case scenario atleast i got a better cup than my old plastic bike one...

Tried em inside out too. much better but I'm still going with the jock with compression shorts over that.

never had a problem with mine

best jock i ever owned infact

I've never had a problem with these shorts or the cup. They fit loose and float around when I initially fit them on but after sweating and moving around alot, the shorts instantly pull the cup close, tight, and securly where it should be. In my opinion, its the best cup with shorts I've ever used. Can't complain here considering how many times they've saved me.

I have the shock doc compression shorts. They do feel like they are floating around above my groin area a bit. I was a bit hesitant about wearing it but I have had no problem using it when I roll or spar. I have yet to take a direct shot in the family jewels but they've definitely their job as far as protection when I roll and people have their body weight on me.

turn the compression shorts inside out so it goes on the inside :)

I didnt like the shock dr compression shorts either. I had the same "floating problem". I prefer a traditonal jock strap and cup over compression shorts. I may try turning them inside out if I can find them.

Even when I turn mine inside out, it still doesn't fit right. :(

I have both because I bought the compression shorts 1st and the cup floated all over. I didn't really notice it til I crushed a grape going for an armabr. Since then I bought the SD jockstrap and it is definitely a 1000 times better. I have recently tried the shorts inside out and it is a little better but it is nowhere near the fit of the jock.

Just my $.02. If I were recommending a purchase I would go with the jock over the shorts in a heartbeat.

i wear these shorts with everlast compression briefs underneath, and eventhough it feels like the cup is floating i love them. I have worn these in a fight and everyday in training and i have never had any other cup that worked with me when i was rolling or throwing kicks like these shorts. I played college baseball and i hated wearing a cup but i played 3rd base, had i had these shorts I might not have dreaded it as much. just my opinion, it may not work well with others

Back