Muay Thai is the most overrated Martial Arts in the world

panzer723

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tumblr_naeo84dutj1rknhu5o1_400.jpg

Sure a lot of people use it, fanboys glorify it like an invincible art yet without proper boxing it can be a burden.

Most fanboys talk shit about other arts when it was compared to Muay Thai.

Arts like Kyokushin Karate, Dutch and Japanese Kickboxing and Sanshou have it's edge over Muay Thai.

There's more to Striking than Muay Thai.

Ya man you're going to have to come better than this budget fail troll...

images

The fight between Groenhart and Thongchai prove that Muay Thai can be overcome.

tumblr_naeo84dutj1rknhu5o1_400.jpg

Sure a lot of people use it, fanboys glorify it like an invincible art yet without proper boxing it can be a burden.

Most fanboys talk shit about other arts when it was compared to Muay Thai.

Arts like Kyokushin Karate, Dutch and Japanese Kickboxing and Sanshou have it's edge over Muay Thai.

There's more to Striking than Muay Thai.
Only thing I can't disagree with is 'There's more to Striking than Muay Thai'.
Muay Thai is the most well rounded form of striking. The traditional Thai ruleset makes it somewhat kick-heavy, as punches aren't scored as high as kicks or knees. That much is true.
However, look at fighters like Buakaw and Sittichai. All they had to do was brush up a bit on precise boxing and they are suddenly capable of dominating world class fighters, like when Buakaw was the most feared draw of K1-MAX.
Imo, arts like Kyokushin, Boxing, etc, definitely need to be practiced alongside MT, but ultimately they must be trained to conform to a Muay Thai ruleset. If not, the Kyokushin Karateka and boxers will easily get low kicked and tripped to oblivion, while Dutch Kickboxers would get annihilated in the clinch.

2/10, he deserves some credit for that first pic.

Only thing I can't disagree with is 'There's more to Striking than Muay Thai'.
Muay Thai is the most well rounded form of striking. The traditional Thai ruleset makes it somewhat kick-heavy, as punches aren't scored as high as kicks or knees. That much is true.
However, look at fighters like Buakaw and Sittichai. All they had to do was brush up a bit on precise boxing and they are suddenly capable of dominating world class fighters, like when Buakaw was the most feared draw of K1-MAX.
Imo, arts like Kyokushin, Boxing, etc, definitely need to be practiced alongside MT, but ultimately they must be trained to conform to a Muay Thai ruleset. If not, the Kyokushin Karateka and boxers will easily get low kicked and tripped to oblivion, while Dutch Kickboxers would get annihilated in the clinch.

All buakaw and sittichai had to do was stop fighting thais and start fighting foreigners....

All buakaw and sittichai had to do was stop fighting thais and start fighting foreigners....
Their style isn't traditional Thai. They punch much more than their Thai co-fighters and their boxing is much more deep and precise. They had to make some adjustments.

Their style isn't traditional Thai. They punch much more than their Thai co-fighters and their boxing is much more deep and precise. They had to make some adjustments.

'Traditional thai' doesn't mean anything, there are different styles of muay thai in thailand. Neither Buakaw or Sittichai are doing anything we havent seen before. Muay thai fighters throwing hands is not uncommon at all, go watch some old veeraphol fights he had better boxing than both of them and he was around 20 years ago.

Oh I don't know about these striking sports, all I need is a machine gun and I can take on hundreds of these guys waving their fists around lol.

The Thais are smaller though and so probably harder to hit, shit...guess they do have an edge over westerners.

What the f--- is this forum.

I don't think he's a troll, just misinformed. Unless you meant the OP.
yeah i meant OP

I don't know about RicharN. Either he is trolling or unwilling to learn because he should know better at this point. In either case i wouldn't bother.

Overrated, but still the best :)

I've always felt TOP level Dutch kickboxing is superior to top level Muay Thai, having said that no its not overrated.

yeah i meant OP

I don't know about RicharN. Either he is trolling or unwilling to learn because he should know better at this point. In either case i wouldn't bother.

He's saying the exact same things you and Tayski were just the other day. No difference at all.

Sittichai himself says that very few stadium Thais could succeed in kickboxing, like him. Therefore, what him and Buakaw did was special, therefore they're special.

QED

He's saying the exact same things you and Tayski were just the other day. No difference at all.
Totally different.

Their style isn't traditional Thai. They punch much more than their Thai co-fighters and their boxing is much more deep and precise.

I can't recall using the word traditional in that thread because i don't even know what traditional muay thai means. I haven't said that they (sittichai and buakaw) punch more either, or that their boxing is more precise and deeper. I said that they use their hands well under kickboxing rules because they've adjusted their training a bit for kickboxing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back