MTV Is Reviving ‘Unplugged’

First thought was "cool" . Second thought was,"wait but todays MTV friendly musicians are hot trash" third thought was "but they mostly play electronic music these days" . Good idea, if they bring in the big guns like Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus. Miley is super awesome musician when she isn't crazy.

It could be good but it could backfire and be a flaming dumpster fire.

Fuck MTV and their fucking Rob Dyrdek, Teen Mom buulshit. MTV used to be about music, and represented what we wanted. Now it's bullhit reality drama. Rock is dead so we would get shitty pop and hip hop. They will never have the Pearl Jam's, AIC, Nirvana, Clapton etc. Fuck even Korn was good.

An idea that often doesn't work with artists and bands that don't play acoustically on a regular basis.

I recently heard Megadeth playing an acoustic set. No.
Especially the solos, done note for note, just didn't work.
Rearrange the charts, construct new solos that sound good on an acoustic, they have different playing dynamics from an electric.

From the original show, one of the best was Neil Young, who often played acoustic sets.

Don't get your hopes up. This will probably involve garbage like Miley Cyrus opening her legs, spreading her ass cheeks and performing oral sex on blowup dolls in front of an audience of little kids while someone plays acoustic versions of her terrible songs. Along with vacuous imbeciles like Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj using it as platform to share with us their sub 90 IQ insights on politics and global affairs.

BTW

If they were not broke up (on hiatus) The Gaslight Anthem would be a really good Unplugged

On a semi serious note, I'd legit be down for an unplugged session with Slayer. Imagine Angel of Death on an acoustic guitar.

This has the potential to be really good if they choose the right acts. I expect your typical pop artiststs, but it would be awesome if they could also include some Rock bands and older acts.

Jack White
The Roots
Guns N' Roses
The Black Keys
Beck
Metallica
The Foo Fighters
Queens of the Stone Age
The Killers
Weezer
Rage against the Machine

Are all active bands right now that could have the potential to pull off a decent Unplugged show.

i think the black keys and foo fighters (dave grohl making his second appearance!) would be great for this....didn't the roots do an unplugged? (edit: nvm, they played the live instruments with jay-z)

guns n' roses and metallica would be cool. U2 maybe?

How about an acoustic slip knot?

or even stone sour

Are there any bands/singers left that anyone really cares that much about to tune in?

Back