Moving to Brazil on 05/06/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if you are looking to work on your BJJ game and polish up some MMA than this is the place you want to be. I did a lot of striking before I started BJJ and I feel like I can jump right in with these guys. They are a little heavy handed at times and really like to bag it out but they kind of ease you into it a little. No one has tried to knock my block off yet.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:30 they have the MMA/no hi grappling class and it is seriously off the hook. It is VERY top heavy on the BJJ ranks with a number of world champions. If they could offer this class every day I would be pumped. I posted a picture from in that class and as you can see it was a small day and there were still some big names there. I hope to see you down here.

I'm also glad that I can make you laugh, I still laugh about that when I think about it

SOLD... i'll start making arrangements soon (next week when i get paid).. btw does the monthly fee to gordo's include all classes or just the jiu jitsu?

wicked gerbil patch... reminds me of that dramatic hamster from youtube for some reason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

Ko[F];31141762 said:
SOLD... i'll start making arrangements soon (next week when i get paid).. btw does the monthly fee to gordo's include all classes or just the jiu jitsu?

It includes all the classes so thats a pretty decent price in my opinion. It will be good to have you down here we'll get some extra training in the day if you want. Sometimes Dennis grabs us in the middle of the day to rep stuff out, he's a monster on the mat.

I'm down for some extra No gi grappling too if thats something you would want to do

1. There are a lot of women that have braces down here. Apparently dentistry and Orthodontics (dont know how you spell those) are very advanced down here.

2. You are 100% correct his name is Thiago. I was corrected at lunch today.

3. and the rationale for them thinking I was gay turned out to be that they were drunk although I"m not putting much weight in that. I'm sure something was said between her and her friends that I'm not being told about....or it might be my absolute affinity for "sexo anal con gorrotas" who knows.

note to self- when down there dont judge age off of braces...
lol gerbil your patch is awesome i wanna make a shirt with it if i may lol

note to self- when down there dont judge age off of braces...
lol gerbil your patch is awesome i wanna make a shirt with it if i may lol

Go for it man I'm going to be putting that patch on everything and I'll probably have shirts made. ALthough the guys at the club do like to fuck with me and call it a Rat LoL...I spend more time explaining what a Gerbil is than I do enjoying the patch

That was funny hearing Gordo asking yu is it a rat and then Thiago saying its just like splinther :)

haha that is awesome. I love the cross-culture references! TMNT ftw!

this girl obviously likes you... not to sound like a dick but you do plan on waxing that right?

this thread is great. i just spent half the day (on and off) reading through the whole thing. entertaining writing. sounds like good experiences. subscribed.

3. and the rationale for them thinking I was gay turned out to be that they were drunk although I"m not putting much weight in that. I'm sure something was said between her and her friends that I'm not being told about....or it might be my absolute affinity for "sexo anal con gorrotas" who knows.

Dude you must be pretty slow when it comes to picking up signs from chicks. They don't really think you're gay, otherwise why would they stop you from meeting dudes at the club. They were joking about you being gay. Its their inside joke as to why you aren't hitting on their friend. Aren't Brazilian men super aggressive? You not trying to hit is probably throwing them off.

Dude you must be pretty slow when it comes to picking up signs from chicks. They don't really think you're gay, otherwise why would they stop you from meeting dudes at the club. They were joking about you being gay. Its their inside joke as to why you aren't hitting on their friend. Aren't Brazilian men super aggressive? You not trying to hit is probably throwing them off.

damn, you're good.

hey man, i just got turned onto this thread from somewhere else, not posted on here in so long sherdog deleted my account!

i'm out in rio now, training at BTT, been here 4 months. here's a little story of what happened to me at the weekend lol:

so i went to lapa (notorious street partying area of rio) on friday night with a group of people from one of the hostels near me. ended up going to a dance club, which turned out to be pretty weak, so 4 of the group (hot chinese/american chicks) decided to leave. of course this seemed like a good time to leave too.

we walked through the crowd to a spot where we could catch a taxi, i turn and see one of the 5 foot tall chinese chicks wrestling with some guy! he's maybe early 20's and lean, who takes off down the street through the throng of people. obviously i know he's took something from her, and in that split second i decide to chase him.

FUCK

he has maybe a 20 metre headstart on me but he's running crazy, hitting people and foodcarts and stuff, and he didn't bank on someone who ran track as a youth chasing him.

he never looks back and it takes me maybe 50 metres of dodging wide eyed revellers to catch him with double underhooks round the waist. i haul him backwards and strip what's still in his hands away. i then TOSS this guy with the most effortless adrenaline assisted suplex i have ever done in my life and he hits pavement on his head and shoulders.

as he gets up, i weigh up my options. this is rio, and he could be armed...with a knife, or a gun, or anything. i don't want to turn my back on him and return until i'm sure he's not a threat. he's maybe 8 feet from me, and takes a step forward...

i match his step making myself look big...

and he bolts.

i look at what i have in my hands and see the girl's camera. my heart pounds and i can almost feel the adrenaline in my ears and my quickened breath. i walk back to where i left the girls and they're fortunately still there. i produce the camera, and the girl nearly breaks my ribs with a hug. people are coming up to me asking in portuguese if i'm alright, and if i caught him. i tell them everything is cool, i got the camera back, they pat me on the back and the chinese chicks and i head off for the zona sul.

i feel like batman and this is my gotham

haha oh shit can't believe I just thought of this now...Gerbil, can you take a look at my sig and offer any insight?

Something's just...not right with that shit. It's "off" somehow. Assume it's the milk.

hey man, i just got turned onto this thread from somewhere else, not posted on here in so long sherdog deleted my account!

i'm out in rio now, training at BTT, been here 4 months. here's a little story of what happened to me at the weekend lol:

haha that is awesome!

How is BTT there? PM me please! I dont want to hijack Gerbil's epic thread!

Great stories here by everyone with Jeremy leading the way. I know he rolled with Vitor today and has pics too. Some great other stories popping in too along the way. Man o man tackling a mugger with a suplex, awesum. I definitely didn't have that move in me when I was a white belt. Kudos to you David004

this thread is so full of win its almost painful. Great story from you too, David5

Nice, I want to do the same in a few years. Plan on going to Thailand, Brazil, and Philippines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back