Movie Pass: 10$ A Month For 1 Free Movie A Day In Theaters

Sounds good. I guess either way, it's still a great deal.

Just realized, you live in SLC. Did you go to the comic con about 2 weeks ago, we were selling our tees at the show.

No, I wasn't able to make that one. What kind of Tees were you selling?

another reason I don't like this is that this movie pass is only good for standard screens no IMAX or XD or 3D or the upgraded dolby digital cinema screens.

This.

Fuck that.

No, I wasn't able to make that one. What kind of Tees were you selling?

We sell pop culture tees. My bro and I design them - TeeNoEvil.com. Several Sherbros actually helped us out with our Kickstarter about 3 years ago. We've been hustling ever since. SLC was beautiful - first time there. Everyone was really nice.

We sell pop culture tees. My bro and I design them - TeeNoEvil.com. Several Sherbros actually helped us out with our Kickstarter about 3 years ago. We've been hustling ever since. SLC was beautiful - first time there. Everyone was really nice.

Cool, I'll have to check that website out.

And glad you had a good time here. I moved here in 2007 and have never really felt the need to leave. It's a great place to live.

I ordered mine on the 22nd so it sounds like I have another week to go.

Cool, I'll have to check that website out.

And glad you had a good time here. I moved here in 2007 and have never really felt the need to leave. It's a great place to live.

You ever go to Sundance?

Damn, they're lagging.

Do you know if they charge you when you sign up or when you activate it?

Yes, the moment you sign up is the moment they charge you the $9.95. However they say that your month doesn't start until you receive your card. If you have any issues though just contact them through the app. I hear they have really good customer service.

sounds too good to be true.

the other negative side effect of this is that theaters we be packed like sardines and become uncomfortable and worn down.

I don't like it.

Theatres are struggling right now tho from what I've read. Anything just to get you in there, they make a lot of money off concessions too that way.

If it gets super popular I can see them limiting what movies you can see. Like no new releases or some shit like that.

If they included IMAX and 3D movies, I'd go about every damn week.

I usually choose 2D showings over 3D anyway. 3D darken the image and the effect is such that it often just isn't worth it in my opinion. IMAX is cool but it's whatev.

Just turn the lights down and give me a good sized screen with surround sound and I'm happy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-moviepass-works-2017-8

So I just signed up for this, it's legit from what I have heard, just waiting for my card to come in the mail now. Anyone else try it yet? It's a pretty amazing deal for the time being, but my guess is they'll shoot the price back up once they get a shit ton of members.
It seems rad, but I signed up like 3 weeks ago and still have not gotten my card, just an email saying they were back ordered.

Have any of you actually got your card?

Who are you saying is going to enact this restriction, MoviePass or the theater?

Dunno, it's hypothetical.

Either way, 10$ a month for 1 free movie a day doesn't add up to full price for each movie. What am I missing here?

I rarely go to movies, maybe two or three times a year.

When I do, I want the absolute best experience.

I'm exactly the same as you, though because of this pass, now I'll definitely go a shitload more. There are movies I'd have never thought twice about going to that I'll definitely go to now just because. I used to go to the movies all the time but then basically stopped except for movies I really, really, really wanted to see. With this thing, I'll be seeing anything and everything, probably 4 times a week. The 3D/IMAX thing doesn't bother me much. I don't have an IMAX close to me and the 3D thing doesn't usually make movies better. It makes them worse.

DLdrF60VwAAew5r.jpg

DLdrILpU8AAti8v.jpg

DLdrJvFUEAEOaD5.jpg

DLdrK7fVAAENgzH.jpg

Dunno, it's hypothetical.

Either way, 10$ a month for 1 free movie a day doesn't add up to full price for each movie. What am I missing here?

MoviePass pays the theater full ticket price for every single ticket that is sold. So the theater doesn't give a shit, they're getting their money regardless. (AMC is being a little bitch about it, but not because they're not getting full ticket value on every ticket. They're being a bitch for other reasons.)

So how does MoviePass make money? Well, for one, they anticipate that for a lot of the people who sign up aren't actually going to use it as much as they think they will. They think that many people will only end up using it a small handful of times a year, kind of like how people join the gym and then only rarely go. For another, they're going to collect your data and then do everything they can to turn it into money.

Here's an interview with the CEO where he talks about a lot of this stuff:

https://www.cnet.com/news/moviepass-ceo-mitch-lowe-interview-amc/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back