Mousasi Fanboys: Was this a fluke?

Fun thing is that Mousasi landed a few of those in the rematch too.

It was a fluke in the sense that he is a superior fighter to Hall. They fight 10 times, he wins 8-9 times

Mousasi/Jacare are more evenly matched. Getting an upkick finish is rare but it's not like Hall or something like Serra/GSP. It's a 50/50 or 40/60 type of fight.

That's why Jacare dominated him standing and on the ground?
ScientificUnsteadyHumpbackwhale.gif

Nice Mousasi head movement gif.

He dodge all this shit.

The first one was a fluke because Moose was supposed to squash Hall.

The second one wasn’t a fluke because Moose was destined to win that tournament.

Of course, that was some biased mental gymnastics here.

If the fighter is clean they will lose to Mousasi, it's as simple as that.

May I know why you randomly chose to shit on mousasi?

It's never a fluke when someone is trying to do something
Disagree

If I buy a lotto ticket and hit the jackpot is it a fluke? Winning the most amount of money is what I was trying to do.

Mousasi has a heck of a chin can’t believe he wasn’t fully out after the spinning kick and knee

A fight is a fight; nothing is a fluke.

Yeah, it was pretty flukey

Mousasi ducked down into it, if the shot landed as thrown it wouldn't have stunned him

9zw1Og.gif

IF so.... His win over Jacare was also a fluke? Since he lost the rematch.
2008-09-23_Gegard_Mousasi_vs_Ronaldo_Jacare_Souza__28Dream_6_29_1_medium.gif

Ronaldo%2BJacare%2BSouza%2BSubmits%2BGegard%2BMousasi%2Bvia%2BGuillotine%2BChoke%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B50.gif

Flukey things do happen in MMA, but neither of those was particularly flukey.

However, IMO, Hall would beat Mousasi maybe 2 or 3 times out of 10, and always in similar fashion (something dynamic and flashy landing).

Mousasi on the other hand, I would say, would win closer to 4 times out of 10 against Jacare, and would have more ways to get there.

I think the difference in skill between Mousasi and Hall is bigger then between Jacare and Mousasi.

I don't like the term fluke in either situation and I am a Moose fanboi for sure. He got caught against Hall and Jacare got caught against Moose. Both with pretty nice finishes so props to them

giphy.webp

I like Mousasi but Shlemenko won this fight.

Last edited:
Jacare has chin issues, Mousasi does not.. therefore when a guy who has pro kickboxing fights and 50 mma fights and has only been tko'd once against a guy he was dominating and then destroyed in the rematch.. fluke detected

9zw1Og.gif

IF so.... His win over Jacare was also a fluke? Since he lost the rematch.
2008-09-23_Gegard_Mousasi_vs_Ronaldo_Jacare_Souza__28Dream_6_29_1_medium.gif

Ronaldo%2BJacare%2BSouza%2BSubmits%2BGegard%2BMousasi%2Bvia%2BGuillotine%2BChoke%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B50.gif
Big difference- Mousasi fought Hall twice over 9 minutes and 13 seconds.Outside the 13 FLUKE seconds to start 2nd round in Japan, Gegard 10- 8 ed- him the entire 9 other minutes....including a stoppage.

Let me also remind you that he just got into top 5 AND AGREED TO GO BACKWARDS and fight Hall on short notice JUST TO SHUT EVERYONE UP.
WHO on the entire ufc roster would do that ? ------ basically no one.He knew it was a fluke- knew he'd beat him 499/500 times and took an enormous risk in taking fight.Las Vegas also deemed it fluke city as he OPENED UP A BIGGER FAVORITE THAN FIRST FIGHT.
If all the forememtioned doesn't scream fluke to you then we have a lost cause on our hands but you have my sympathy.

Think and use your God given common sense/ brains

Disagree

If I buy a lotto ticket and hit the jackpot is it a fluke? Winning the most amount of money is what I was trying to do.

That's a VERY bad analogy. They're trained fighters and control their movements. When they punch or kick like that they have every intention of hurting someone. When you buy a lottery ticket, the buying of the ticket is the only thing you have control over. You're then left praying for help.

Back