Mousasi Fanboys: Was this a fluke?

1st was perfect in all of it's delivery.

2nd was I hope I hit this as he threw many up-kicks.

more like an error

and he corrected it which made hall look chanceless in the rematch

Funny how people cant see the glaring difference in those two KOs.

One is a perfectly aimed and timed kick by Gegard to the jaw of Jacare. Perfect and flawless execution.

The other is Hall throwing a spin kick as Mousasis stomach and MISSING COMPLETELY, but by dumb luck Mousasi happened to duck face first into it. It was not Hall's intention to kick Moose's face at all. He missed his kick and got lucky with freak timing.

at the end of the day a win is a win. But that Hall kick KO is infinitely more flukey.
Uh no clearly Hall intended to hit the face, but missed by 18" and got lucky because Mousasi ducked and ate it.

Big difference- Mousasi fought Hall twice over 9 minutes and 13 seconds.Outside the 13 FLUKE seconds to start 2nd round in Japan, Gegard 10- 8 ed- him the entire 9 other minutes....including a stoppage.

Let me also remind you that he just got into top 5 AND AGREED TO GO BACKWARDS and fight Hall on short notice JUST TO SHUT EVERYONE UP.
WHO on the entire ufc roster would do that ? ------ basically no one.He knew it was a fluke- knew he'd beat him 499/500 times and took an enormous risk in taking fight.Las Vegas also deemed it fluke city as he OPENED UP A BIGGER FAVORITE THAN FIRST FIGHT.
If all the forememtioned doesn't scream fluke to you then we have a lost cause on our hands but you have my sympathy.

Think and use your God given common sense/ brains

Catch your breath, take Mousasi's dick out of your mouth.

It was a fluke in the sense that he is a superior fighter to Hall. They fight 10 times, he wins 8-9 times

Mousasi/Jacare are more evenly matched. Getting an upkick finish is rare but it's not like Hall or something like Serra/GSP. It's a 50/50 or 40/60 type of fight.
How the fuck could anyone think Mousasi vs Jarcare is a 50/50 fight after Jarcare dominated him last fight

If throw a strike intending to hurt someone and you do, it isn't a fluke. Hall read Mousasi's tendency to level change just like Mousasi read Jacare's tendency to dive into guard the way he did

The fact that Mousasi probably beats Hall 9 times out of 10 or that Jacare probably beats Mousasi 9 times out of 10 doesn't mean you can discredit the fact that they won fair and square one of the times they actually fought in real life

That would make every single KO a fluke since many more punches are thrown then end in knockouts.

You are correct sir. In almost all cases (and I stress almost all because there are exceptions ) single shot KO's are flukes because nobody can accurately predict when 1 punch will be the one that shuts someone's lights out. However here is the problem with the discussion somehow people got all tied up in thinking that a fluke shot means the wrong guy won. You can land a fluke shot and still have a totaly legitimate win and be the better fighter the outcome was just not what odds say should happen.

Example

2 people fight its a back and forth fight but one fighter is clearly superior but could not seal the deal and get the finish but clearly won however at no point in the fight did he demonstrate the ability to finish the other just clearly demonstrated they were the superior fighter

they rematch and that same fighter wins but this time lands a punch clean in the first 30 seconds and puts the person out that would be a very fluke like shot but that does not mean it was a bad thing just that landing that shot was not the expected result the better fighter still won so its not a negative to say that particular punch was a fluke it just means that the odds of a single shot KO was extremely unlikely

This is compounded more if the person is not even known for power punching.

People get so tied up in what they think words mean rather their actual definition that they get insulted by the very notion of something not lining up with their pre-conceived belief rather than stepping back and seeing it for what it is.

In this case the idea that something being a fluke means it takes away from the win. The only time a fluke should be considered an insult is if you are insinuating the same fighter could only win under those conditions. That they have to get lucky and land the hail mary type shot to even be considered winning.

Another example

Aldo vs McGregor that punch was very much a fluke no sane person would ever say that the first punch thrown would be the KO shot in that fight that was an extreme unlikely outcome, with that said that does not mean McGregor would not have still won that fight in another manor it takes nothing away from his win.

This is the problem I was talking about with Sherdog people see things only black and white, Gods or Bums, and argue meanings of words that only they have in their head. If you cannot speak in the literal definitions of words no one can even discuss when the language is not the same.

Last edited:
You are correct sir. In almost all cases (and I stress almost all because there are exceptions ) single shot KO's are flukes because nobody can accurately predict when 1 punch will be the one that shuts someone's lights out. However here is the problem with the discussion somehow people got all tied up in thinking that a fluke shot means the wrong guy won. You can land a fluke shot and still have a totaly legitimate win and be the better fighter the outcome was just not what odds say should happen.

Example

2 people fight its a back and forth fight but one fighter is clearly superior but could not seal the deal and get the finish but clearly won however at no point in the fight did he demonstrate the ability to finish the other just clearly demonstrated they were the superior fighter

they rematch and that same fighter wins but this time lands a punch clean in the first 30 seconds and puts the person out that would be a very fluke like shot but that does not mean it was a bad thing just that landing that shot was not the expected result the better fighter still won so its not a negative to say that particular punch was a fluke it just means that the odds of a single shot KO was extremely unlikely

This is compounded more if the person is not even known for power punching.

People get so tied up in what they think words mean rather their actual definition that they get insulted by the very notion of something not lining up with their pre-conceived belief rather than stepping back and seeing it for what it is.

In this case the idea that something being a fluke means it takes away from the win. The only time a fluke should be considered an insult is if you are insinuating the same fighter could only win under those conditions. That they have to get lucky and land the hail mary type shot to even be considered winning.

Another example

Aldo vs McGregor that punch was very much a fluke no sane person would ever say that the first punch thrown would be the KO shot in that fight that was an extreme unlikely outcome, with that said that does not mean McGregor would not have still won that fight in another manor it takes nothing away from his win.

This is the problem I was talking about with Sherdog people see things only black and white, Gods or Bums, and argue meanings of words that only they have in their head. If you cannot speak in the literal definitions of words no one can even discuss when the language is not the same.
Helio: " A KO is an accident".

One line.

How the fuck could anyone think Mousasi vs Jarcare is a 50/50 fight after Jarcare dominated him last fight

Gegard said he was hurt and should have never taken the fight. He said he will never do that again in the career.

That's why Jacare dominated him standing and on the ground?
ScientificUnsteadyHumpbackwhale.gif
I'm not even a moose fan and I can see that no damage was done in that exchange. Like no punches landed

~DaViD~

Except the rematch Mousasi torched his mediocre as fuck ass.
Doesnt mean it was a "fluke" that he threw a kick with intention to hurt him, and when it did, continued to throw with bad intent and put his overrated as fuck ass away.

Blah blah blah this is a never-ending argument and no one's ever going to convince the other party to change their minds.

All I know is Mousasi is one of the respectful, ballsiest, skilled and cleanest fighter in MMA and I'm a fan.

Blah blah blah this is a never-ending argument and no one's ever going to convince the other party to change their minds.

All I know is Mousasi is one of the respectful, ballsiest, skilled and cleanest fighter in MMA and I'm a fan.

Damn

Neither are flukes... Both are low probability finishes.
Mousasi likely beats Uriah 9/10 times.
Jacare likely beats Mousasi 4/5 times.

This, until the day someone trips and lands on the opponents knee knocking themselves unconscious its not luck or a fluke
That pretty much happened in this fight.

Back